• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you come up with your furry name?

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
That was my first name, now my name is Kyba, I wanted to pick something simple that sounded good and I didn't really want to be named Rex anymore, it seems too generic now. So as for Kyba, no real reason or story behind it.

Could I interest you in a children's card game? (on motorcycles?)

I stole mine from a movie

Oh rly? What movie?

ProfessorBob117

People appear to think I'm smart (for reasons I may never, under the two suns of Tatooine, know), Bob is my ironically generic nickname, and the 117 you could probably guess. My Xbox Live gamer tag is even dumber, sadly :/

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
Because I had an idea for a character for a story and Wither was a fitting name.

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
Couldn't think of one, when Rain Wizard by Black Stone Cherry came on shuffle. So i stole that.

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
Leviathan. Lev1athan. Levi. It's all the same to me. As to where I got the name? Mythology.

RatCoffee

Full-bodied dark roast rodent
I wanted to make a rat with different brown colors, and have no shame in just naming her Coffee.

feline-fattale

Mine's Peggy...
I don't really know, I wanted a short name with a nice pronunciation that ended in 'y'.

WebRep

chrome://wrc/skin/png/line-dark-horizontal.pngOverall rating
chrome://wrc/skin/png/line-dark-horizontal.png

chrome://wrc/skin/png/line-dark-horizontal.png

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
The brown/white stripe on her lip reminded me of s'mores, so Smory seemed appropriate.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
-Take first name
-Add extra X's to make it supah sexeh
-Make it a generic scene gurrrrl name by adding a random word at the end (which was coincidentally loosely furry (Lupo is Italian for Wolf))
-And finally, regret this for the duration of my stay on the Internet. Especially when realising that Lupo is also the name of a generic car.

Dire Newt

I needed to change my gamertag and "Fear the Newt" was the first thing that popped into my head (no, I have no idea why). Dire Newt is based off of that.

As for my 'sona, it isn't complete yet but I don't plan on naming it anything special. "Newt" will suffice.

A

Abbi Normal

It's from a scene in "Young Frankenstein", which I expanded to "Abigail Normal" as my character's full name and managed to work into my sona's backstory as "GENOTYPE ABBI NORMAL" being what her adoptive parents are "almost certain" was written on the strange mechanical pod they found her in.

Last edited by a moderator:

electricfennec

I love my Peavy
Mine is unoriginal. I like electronics and I have fennec as my species so electric+fennec.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Based off the word glacier, and chosen because I like colder weather much more than the warmer.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Aulendra

Au is the chemical periodic table symbol for gold. Added a bunch of feminine sounding letters at the end based on names like Sandra and Linda.

Scruby

Malcontent
I don't have a 'sona as of yet, but for the name it would be Jöt. It is somewhat of a bastardization of the screen-name of an internet friend of mine from A Certain Online Game, though I'd say it's slightly more original than that considering only one letter between the two are shared. Also, the J is pronounced like a Y because Germany.