• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you come up with your furry name?

Suka

Suka
I wanted to go with a Inuit name since my fursona is part husky, so I started looking at Inuit names and words. I liked how Suka sounded and it means fast and I like to go fast so I went with it.

Aettious

I don't really know how I came up with mine, I guess I just started putting letters together and then after a couple iterations I came up with Aettious.

Antronach

Bringin' sexy back~
I misspelled the golem things from Elder Scrolls cause I was playing Skyrim a lot at the time and I needed a name for an alt account so I could ban evade on another forum. :/

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
My sona's name is actually Shikkon.

Like the Shikkon Jewel/shards from Inu-Yasha. I always loved that plot element. The anime? Not so much...

MochiElZorro

Self-Appointed FAF Bitchmuffin
My sona's name is actually Shikkon.

Like the Shikkon Jewel/shards from Inu-Yasha. I always loved that plot element. The anime? Not so much...

You mean the Shikon no Tama (Regal Stone of Four Souls)? Cause if you spelled it Shikkon instead of Shikon on his birth certificate, you done messed it up... But anyways, I've never seen much appeal in naming someone after a work of fiction. Original names are far better IMO...

Though I agree, the jewel is FAR more interesting than the actual anime.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
You mean the Shikon no Tama (Regal Stone of Four Souls)? Cause if you spelled it Shikkon instead of Shikon on his birth certificate, you done messed it up... But anyways, I've never seen much appeal in naming someone after a work of fiction. Original names are far better IMO...

Though I agree, the jewel is FAR more interesting than the actual anime.

XP I switched the letters up a bit to be different, and to be honest...I really don't take my fursona that seriously. He's just an avi for me in the fandom. Although, I love a good homage every now and again.

Turnbull

Gone to space
I went to fakenamegenerator.com (as I do for most of my characters) and got "Scott Turnbull." It seemed too on the nose not to use.

Well the first name is John like in real life, cause honestly it's who I want to be. Ears, tail, and all, as strange as most people believe it to be. And the Shadowblade last name is tied into the comic I keep on trying to make. I'm not going to bore you all with it so if you really want to know that part just PM me and I'll talk your ears off, uh... type your eyes off?

Dover

Dovereign
In high school, I had people start calling me Duke because I liked it, don't like my birth name, so I killed my fursona with the same name. (Also it was way to common) right now i don't have a fursona anymore, just characters. My main one will be Dovereign when I create a new 'sona.
pronounced Dover-Rain. Not Dove-Rain -w- basically one letter change from the word Sovereign which ain't Sove-Rain.

Dover is a sea town in the UK, I love port cities and all things nautical. Its also a very uncommon name meaning water, simple and sounds good.

Last edited:

mahoumaru

Maru Zéhn
I decided on Maru Zéhn because I was told it means "red Pills" in two different languages. I'm not sure it really does or translates right but it stuck and I really enjoyed the ring to it!

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
I wanted to go with a Inuit name since my fursona is part husky, so I started looking at Inuit names and words. I liked how Suka sounded and it means fast and I like to go fast so I went with it.
FUN FACT! suka means "dirty slut" in lithuanian.
the more you know!

IAN

My real first name is also Ian, as is my 'sona. Talk about true creativity. >.>

However, in regards to my fursona's full name, Ian Amarena, Amarena being an Italian cherry. I have partial Italian descent, and my fursona is Cherry colored. I'd say it fits. :3

KinkSlinks

Cute butt
Well Michie the Cyborg (dragon/lion hybrid) got his name from the fact that he's 1/2 machine hence being a cyborg, and 'Mechie' is just a cute version of Mech.

Doom got his name because he's a he'll hound and he's an all around baddass, like the game doom.

Phayzer got his name from when I was playing with a lazer pointer and I just thought about words that rhymed and Phayzer was one of them.

Twitchy got his name because I always drink energy drinks therefore I get very twitchy sometimes. He's still in development.

Xevvy

Gregarious Gremlin
Same name I use almost everywhere on the internet. Which is probably stupid actually, it'll definitely come back to bite me in the ass sooner or later. Anyway, originated from a character I had in WoW named 'Xevonarin' way back when (you know, when the game wasn't terrible) and since then all the names I use are based on that.

HallowLight

Hallow Frostedhex Light
It’s kind of a long reason why I made mine fursona Hallow Light is kind of a long one. First off I made her name Hallow Necro Light. Hallow is short for Halloween but Hallow is also my magick name. I also like Halloween since it’s the one holiday that I love since the leaves are changing and you can walk in the woods bare foot without freezing and I can by a lot of the stuff that I like. I chose Necro for the middle name because she looks like the small black skull beads that I collect. I could change her middle name though. Her last name is Light cause when it gets pitch black her eyes and her tail glow a small amount of light.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
This has been my username since 2003.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Don't know if I said this before.... Probably. Will say again.

Way back when my Fursona was called Leonis. But people thought my furry fursona species was a lion, which it's not. Or they'd call me "Leo" which wasn't the nickname, either.

So I took an older online name, Lee (as in Bruce Lee), and added the crazy because of the strange comments I make online at times.

Spikey2k2

Three names.

L,Garrou: I just liked the sound of it. He's a cat, not a wolf.
Spikey2k - Spikey2k2: From 1999 when the world was about to end. Actually reads Spike Y2K, evolved to Spikey.
Janos Audron: The oldest vampire from The Legacy of Kain video games.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I stole the name "Aetius" from wikipedia.

Lizzehh

Wednesday Has Been Cancelled
My 'sona's name is Zed. The "word" for the letter Z. and my username around most places on the internet is Lizzehh (or some variation of it), so I thought it worked! It's also not gender specific, which is awesoooooome.

(I have a pair of furry characters named Monos and Chronos, who are bull terrier brothers, one's mostly black colored, and the other is mostly white colored. Bet you can't guess how they got their names!)

Varieth

When I was trying to think of a name for my fursona I just couldn't do it. My interests were wide spread as well as what I thought of my inner bear. But being the fan of old English I was it clicked in: Varied interests, so I'll make my name Varieth (a 3rd person archaic form of vary in case anyone was wondering lol). Nerdy of me but what can I say. I loved the word and stuck with it.