• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you come up with your fursona’s name?

Pompadork

Bowman
I like to get stupid thematically specific so since my boy is a sailor I made a list of every sailor term I thought could make a cute name. :’D
We call him Bow for short but technically it’s pronounced Bao since it’s supposed to be the bow of a ship!

aomagrat

From my job in the US Navy. I was an Aviation Ordnanceman. Those of us who work in the ship's magazines are called mag rats.

aomagrat
20201019_190936.jpg

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Scylla is a mythological sea creature in Greek Mythology, known for it's humanly female beauty at the base and below linked to terribly evil hydras. Often seen luring sailors near a big whirlpool at sea. Scylla in my story is attractive, but inside she is an absolute monster. She also loves to swim, it's symbolic.

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
Well my fursona is the son of my previous fursona named Dusty. I wanted his name be themed to be like his father's, so I asked myself what is similar to dust, and I thought, "ash."

I ended up naming him Asher and had it shortened to Ash to be less formal. His name is still Asher legally, but Ash is preferred by him. It's an especially good name for me since it's the name of The Evil Dead and Pokémon series protagonists, and I like both characters a lot.

Edit: By the way, Ash's last name is Briggs which he got from his father who's a former cop. I wanted a cop-sounding last name for Dusty and Briggs just seemed to fit.

Months later, I realized where I got it from:

Edit 2: Here's some GIFs to catch your eye. lol

th
th
th

Last edited:

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
Ellis the Eagle sounded catchy to me hehe. I like the name Ellis too. That's about it!
I don't know where you're from, but since your fursona is a bald eagle, maybe you were subconsciously inspired by Ellis Island in New York! Lots of history there!

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Scylla's brother, Grief gets his name because Scourge the Hedgehog killed his mother, (and Scylla's mother but she was too young to remember). So Scourge caused Grief, Grief's entire story is revenge. Only his anger towards Scourge explodes to all hedgehogs and eventually echindas when his father Ivan dies in battle.

O.D.D.

Back from the dead apparently
Picked a name out of a hat (metaphorically) based on "other people born on my birthday in the past".

TokoDoggo

Profurrressional Artist
My fursona started as a character in a story after having a vivid nightmare, as the story developed the protagonist was created! “Sigvard” is a old Norse name meaning victorious defender. To simplify the story without getting too much into it, He was destined to save the light of the land. Thus his last name “Alfrothul” literally translates into “of the sun” put it together and translate it and he’s Literally the “victorious defender of the sun.” I’m kinda proud of that one....
Mine comes from my dreams/ nightmares as well. She has actually showed up in several dreams- when i was depressed, she presented herself to me. When I was doing better mentally, I BECAME her, and felt supercharged with power in my dreams. Chiara is her name (when she's balanced and positive thinking) and Scuria when shes unbalanced and chaotic. Based on the Italian word chiaroscuro, the contrast of light and dark :D