• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you figure out your fursona? :o

MirageofIllusions

Although I don't have an "animal" based fursona yet, I fell in love with Noibat after RP'ing with a friend. I really started to enjoy the character that I created and decided I'd have Noibat as my fursona. It's not that common and Noibats are just so cute. Teehee~

AlfieOmeg

Ah, and so we meet again...
I always struggled with a fusona and don't really have an 'official' one just yet, but I am leaning towards the mythical 'fawn' look. Hopefully he or she will come to me soon!

scet

oh! what inspired the slime creatures? It's very unique!

Well when I first joined the fandom I had a jellyfish sona I didn't use much but I found this big ball of sempi slime

Userpage of veryraccoon -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

And after seeing his cool art I made a new jello sona less fish more fruit, but now I have carved out my own type of goo people. I make all kinds of ocs for me and my friends and I'm making adoptables that will be released for sell after I finish my comic series. It's Adam (the name has nothing to do with the guy I meet my ocs name is just Adam as will out of chance before I meet slime bro) my main goosona talking about how this spices lives and grow

Here's the first page

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/19363677/

In the next few days I'll post more till my race is explained in great detail c: I hope it's something everyone finds interesting

Vinny (Tpr)

The rainbow rat o3o
well two thing's inspired vinny my fursona

The first was when my rat died from heart failure and i wonted a way to keep him in my mind and help him live on in some part of me
and i loved Edm at the current time infact i still do but that why he has his very colorful hair and another reason im a rat is i did want to just be another dog,cat,fox XD

scet

well two thing's inspired vinny my fursona

The first was when my rat died from heart failure and i wonted a way to keep him in my mind and help him live on in some part of me
and i loved Edm at the current time infact i still do but that why he has his very colorful hair and another reason im a rat is i did want to just be another dog,cat,fox XD

What's edm?

AlexDama

Well, I am completely obsessed with owls, so that part was easy. In terms of fursonas, Barn Owls seemed the most common, when owls are done, so I steered away and chose one of my other favorite species of owls. In addition, at the time I was a caretaker for a Great Horned Owl, so that helped push me to that species.

Owls are pretty cool but so hard to draw as anthro! Would totally have chosen a tawny owl otherwise. I think barn owls are common because of Ga'Hoole, like everyone had a snowy owl character after Harry Potter, not that they're less cool due to their popularity though, but it's nice to see another kind of owl getting attention.

Inzoreno

The Gentleman Owl
Owls are pretty cool but so hard to draw as anthro! Would totally have chosen a tawny owl otherwise. I think barn owls are common because of Ga'Hoole, like everyone had a snowy owl character after Harry Potter, not that they're less cool due to their popularity though, but it's nice to see another kind of owl getting attention.
Yeah, you've got a point there.

RaverMonki

Shines like a rainbow
I just picked a animal I seemed to be like (two in this case.) and colors I like that have to do with me!

Suki262

Bun-Bun
My fursona was a gift to me from my ex along time ago while we were dating. After we broke up, since people still knew about the fursona and I already adapted to the rabbit I decided to keep her around despite that looking at her symbolizes a reminder of the bad blood between me and my previous lover.

SenorCrouch

The wise, playful fox
Mine was a five year process that spanned the universes of Halo, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and IMVU. When all the pieces finally came together I had a blank stare on my face, "Wait did I just build my fursona?" Lol, it is a fascinating but lengthy tale.

Darth-Dukes

My fursona wasn't even planned. I had just finished coloring a base of my previous fursona, and decided to make my first adopt on that base. So I made a cute chubby little cow with bright purple hair and nose piercings. I finished the design and just stared at. I loved it. More than the fursona I had. Thus my current fursona was born.

ZacAttackk

professional procrastinator
When I was 13 I had a sudden interest in the Spyro fandom, and I wanted to create my own story of dragons, the main character of which was a dragon named Blaze (kinda generic name considering he's a fire dragon >3>). Of course with exploring the fandom I'd come across anthropomorphic versions (scalies) and then not soon after I'd consider myself a furry and since he was my main character, I turned him into my fursona. To this day I am still refining exactly what his qualities are and what his backstory is (I adapted the backstory I made in the story I made when I was 13 to fit a more realistic world)

Gharn

i went through a handful. But being younger then they were all a bit... er, excessive maybe.
Or just not me.
Now ive settled on a rather simple fursona that is basically just me in another form. It makes me comfortable and easier to relate with.

Elohiim_Koshiiri

Terradorable
You guys are gonna love this....

My friend once drew me as a white tiger cuz...eh it's cool....

WELL....a few years later.....2011 hits and I have to have back surgery and the doctors gave me about 250 Oxycodone 5-325APAP tablets for pain. Well, oxycodone is supposed too have sedative qualities, like making you drowsy, sleepy, stoned etc...

I found out I had dopamine deficiency syndrome because once I took the oxycodone, I turned into this....my friend Satyn drew me as I acted for 3 months in a single picture.

166921.jpg

I took the oxy? DEPRESSION GONE, ADD GONE, ANXIETY GONE, ocd still there...shit, MOOD SWINGS STABILIZED, EMPATHY AT 100%, HOLY SHIT LET'S DO EVERYTHING LIFE IS ACTUALLY PRETTY AWESOME OH MY GOD

So I have two characters now, Ko and Elo. Ko is a white tiger kitten whos fur is made out of heavy opiate medication and if he eats pills he can convert them into any pharmacological properties he wishes (yes I just said he has a pharmacy in his goddamn tiny belly), and he helps heal people who are sick/in pain by altering the chemical properties of his Fur, allowing opiate type medicine too leech into peoples skin and dull pain....

and even better.....the doctors never told me what physical dependance was or what too be care of with painkillers since I never really had them since then....I got yelled at for going too the ER saying I was in such severe rebound pain I have too have an infection or something.

Nope, it was severe withdrawl....noone told me too taper.

Luku_Zuku

Still trying to draw, slowly
Well, the name Luku is a shortened version of my real name translated into god knows what language. My memory fails me. The color came from my favourite hoodies color, Gray. His greenish blue eyes are actually mine. And the rest of it, about havING graphite rubbed into his paw and being a photography student are actually parts of me, I almost always have some sort of lead under my fingernails....

Moondoggy

Moon Moon
Took my favorite animal-- grey wolf, named him Moondog, a nickname of mine. My real last name is Moon. The tattoos are the two tattoos are probably what I would get: Tribal dragon or something Irish. His personality, traits, and all that are based of me. So Moondog I just made as me in an anthro-body :)

Experimentonomen

Mine's a bit of a special one. It all started one day when i was browsing some FNAF fanart, then the next day we had a tragic loss at work of a really old but really sweet german shepard. 6 months at the place was enough for me to form a bond, so i was almost as devastated as the owner, although i did not show it physically like my boss the owner did.

Later the same day or the day after i stumbled across something from the furry fandom, i dont remember if it was a pic from a fur con or a fursuit vid, but it dident matter i was hooked. I also came to the realization that i loved foxes, so later that week my fursona was born.

Something happened in my brain so that i've been browsing furry/anthro stuffz ever since. Before this i had no clue that a furry fandom even existed.

This all prolly sounds real silly, dumb and stupid, of which i apologize. I am definately a weird one.

Riot_the_Canine

*screaming*
Welp, I knew that I loved canines from day one. But at first I was contemplating an angel dragon fursona. Then I soon fell in love with the ever grumpy Tayerr. So my fursona became a grumpy wolf like creature, but I still liked aspects of angel dragons so I added the horns and a longer tail that became a feline one. Since I love skeletal anatomy, particularly skulls, I gave her a white skull pattern. And ta-da! Riot was born.

Lucifer Drake

I've been trying to figure one out for a couple of years now and finally, last night I came up with the perfect thing.

I love so many animals; everything from cats to tarantulas. But a tarantula fursona didn't seem right and a cat... Well, there already are plenty of cats out there. I really love bats tho. I really love Batman and the villain Kirk Langstrom (AKA Man-Bat). And I've always loved the idea of being able to fly. So it just kinda went from there. I went with a character based on me and Kirk Langstrom. He's a science geek that loves to read Batman comics. And that's how Lucifer Drake was born!
And the name... Well, he's sorta named after my favourite TV show (Lucifer) and the fact that demons are often depicted as bat-like creatures. Beings with pointy ears and wings. So Lucifer. Lucifer is a real name too, so it works. And Drake. Well, I've always loved that name and dragons are basically lizard bats... So... Yeah.
His personality is highly based on myself though, but Lucy is slightly more awkward. I've always found awkward adorable.