• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you figure out your fursona? :o

StrangerCoug

Stranger Than You!
Kinda fell into my lap since what's now its name came first :p This is what happens when you get a little too fanatical about your high school mascot.

Beetblood

AKA Tera
I made him when I was twelve. I really wanted to make a character and all I knew was that I wanted it to be green. I couldn't decide on a species so I called him an alien or just some unknown species. I still don't know what the hell he is. x:

i stared at this thing till something popped up
072c37c28c3c19e04792fcbd42274df5.jpg

34pokemon

Dumpster Trash
I really like rodent like animals so I started thinking what my fursona would be. What I came up with was an opossum because 1. I dumpster dive (ew ik), 2. I to, when i get stressed, have a seizure and "play opossum", 3. opossums are just so darn cute!

AxelRunehoof

Papa Moof the Minotaur Man
Honestly I just really like drawing legs so I wanted a leggy sort of animal and I find deer/gazelle type characters to be very aesthetically appealing. I also think goats are rad so I smushed those three animals together into a hybrid thing and... yeah~ thus Sadie was born! Here she is!
Flamingos, ostriches, and emus are leggy. heheheheh

I have a friend who has a mule deer as a fursona. I really like your art... [contemplates PMing on FA]

AxelRunehoof

Papa Moof the Minotaur Man
I've always loved cattle. Cows are sweet, beautiful creatures. And tasty, too. I'm also a Taurus, and I've been in the furry fandom for 13 years.
One day I just got tired of my fursona and thought, why the hell not? I like my star sign and I've always been compared to a bull
(I've been called bullheaded, stubborn, strong as, tempered as) and thought why the hell not?
Bull had just stuck after that.

All#the#fuR

Everything changed when the Fire Nation killed God
I shook the more you know star til it gave me its money and an idea for a fursona....

I didn't mean to... Kill....
*spanish soap opera music plays*

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
I like insects, and a certain type of fly just really appealed to me. Some of them can be really colorful and/or fuzzy. Still trying to work out some problems though, insect anthros are difficult to decide on their height from what I've learned conceptualizing one.

BayouBaby

Hoarder of Art Supplies and Books
I like insects, and a certain type of fly just really appealed to me. Some of them can be really colorful and/or fuzzy. Still trying to work out some problems though, insect anthros are difficult to decide on their height from what I've learned conceptualizing one.
That's an interesting one. I don't see many insect 'sonas.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
That's an interesting one. I don't see many insect 'sonas.

Probably because of the amount of technical problems when making an insect anthro. I tend to keep anatomically accurate features, some other people lean more towards making them with more anthro/normal features. Also tails and ears being more recognizable and relatable than abdomens and antennae is also a factor.

BayouBaby

Probably because of the amount of technical problems when making an insect anthro. I tend to keep anatomically accurate features, some other people lean more towards making them with more anthro/normal features. Also tails and ears being more recognizable and relatable than adonmens and antennae is also a factor.
Yeah. I know drawing wings was one of the reasons I quit drawing my winged fursona. Those kind of tedious details make it a lot less fun to draw winged creatures, insects, and the like. Also, drawing all those eyes.... Crazy.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
For insects I tend to focus less on the simple eyes and more on the two compound ones. The wings also follow a pattern that is much simpler than feathers, but then again the wings are often transparent so you have to draw the background through them. Ugh.

BayouBaby

For insects I tend to focus less on the simple eyes and more on the two compound ones. The wings also follow a pattern that is much simpler than feathers, but then again the wings are often transparent so you have to draw the background through them. Ugh.
Do you have anything you've drawn that I can see?

I started out by looking at animals I like, then I tried matching my own personality traits with them. When that didn't work I just took a lot of "What fursona are you" quizzes. And Cougar was the most common result I got, so I went with it.

Opallavendeer

I had a hard time making my own fursona. I made a bunch of furry ocs that I loved but I didn't connect enough with to make any of them my actual fursona. I always liked how goat fursuits looked but I wasn't a huge fan of goats myself but after awhile I saw a deer fursuit that I really loved and ended up making my own deer because of it. Purple is my favorite color and Opal is favorite gemstone so I kind of just put all of those together. After I made her I found that I really loved and now she's the bewb.

Atelier

This is such an interesting question for me. I have like, a handful of OC's and one that I just sort of stick with for most fandom interactions (although this is changing as of late). I sort of like, soul searched on animals I find really interesting, then moved from there, attributing characteristics of mine that I thought would be able to accent that species and it's own traits.

If I'm feeling particularly fresh, I'll even work out backstories, but I don't think I have a character that I identify with as much that the whole squad assembled resembles my complete personality.

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
My fursona has been something of a symbolic reflection of myself from the start. I was getting into D&D at the time I encountered the fandom, and what really stood out in my mind at the time was how much I was able to relate psychologically to bronze dragons (i.e. inquisitive, fascinated by warfare, regimented in nature, etc). That I'm presently an active-serving military member simply reinforces the symbolism these days.

The cybernetics are very much representative of my transhumanist leanings, having also been present from the start. With that said, how my fursona has been augmented is reflective of my views of transhumanism: augmentation for the sake of augmentation is shallow-minded at best, and for that reason I prefer more substantial reasons for choosing augmentation (i.e. regaining abilities lost due to damage/malfunction, improving job-related capabilities, self-expression, etc).

fursona_400_x_400_by_chapteraquila92-d8ozgcj.png

Cougar_Vee

It's great reading some of the backgrounds, all fascinating in their own ways.

I was quite undecided between a cougar or a fox, as I love both species equally. Kind of hard to decide which one. Went with my longer love of cougars this time. At the moment, I haven't created a back story for the cougar.

Traven V

Luna-tic.
I'm still in the process honestly.