• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you find FA? What brought you here?

Ricky

People like that are meant to be tools, but I'm sure you've been to his "story hour" at a con (or at least peeked in the room).

People's eyes are fixated on him. Many furries look up to him as sort of a creepy father figure.

I always just thought he was a dork, and his stories really aren't interesting at all.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Nothing he says or does is.
I hate that doctors outfit he wears. It's like, really dude?
Last I heard he was a chemist or someshit, not a medical doctor.

Ricky

Nothing he says or does is.
I hate that doctors outfit he wears. It's like, really dude?
Last I heard he was a chemist or someshit, not a medical doctor.

Yeah, he's a chemist. It's a lab coat though.

I used to work in infectious disease research (for HIV and stuff). Everyone wore them because of the bio-hazardous material or dangerous chemicals around, so it's kind of given me a bad taste when I see people wear them in public (since the point of them really is to keep the dirty/hazardous shit off your actual clothes).

That's kind of a moot point though. I'm sure they aren't his work clothes and he's just trying to maintain his dorky image. This helps him maintain the facade of what goes on at AC when he talks to the press (he seems paranoid about the press like most furries).

Last edited:

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I've never seen a chemist with a stethoscope and head mirror.
Anyway yeah I hope it's an unused lab coat, that'd be gross.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Yeah that kinda shit annoys the fuck outta me. His story unfortunately brought up memories of a couple fur meets I've attended. Walk in the door, immediately see a sea of sea cows getting it on in the living room then turning right back around and out the front door. It was the same group of manatees the 2nd time at a different location. I only chills with my homies now, I got sick of nasty surprises.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
he has a youtube channel?

...and people watch it?

He does have a channel, but there's really not very much of interest on it, most of his videos are from other people, and that are a LOT of videos.

S

Saylor

I was sitting at my grandmother's house in Adairesville, GA (about 1 hour North of Atlanta) when a news report showed FWA on the broadcast, I ended up searching Fur Affinity and then I guess 1 thing led to another and now here I am on FAF.

Atreyu

Cynical asshole.
I actually joined FA way back when it was fairly new and I was brand new to the fandom. And I mean before the notoriously huge crash years and years ago, back when Jheryn still ran FA pretty much exclusively along with his mate. Oh yes, I remember the blowup between him and Arcturus and the whole ArtPlz thing, too.
Dems was some good furry dramas.

Cynicism

I was looking for a furry forum on Google and I found this one.

rosetiger

I found FA while searching for a few tutorials on how to mae fursuit heads using various methods, but wasn't until about a couple of months ago, while having the FA app on my Android phone, that I found that other than my friend and my boyfriend, that I'm not an idiot as my brother says that I am for being a furry. I love the fandom and I'm happy that I can meet and talk to other furries from around the world. Thank God there's FurAffinity!

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Someone on the bad dragon forums had a link in his sig.

Yes, I found BD before FA. Dun judge me! >:V

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
A friend from my school (who was also a Furry) recommended this site to me while I was in my early stages of being a Furry. I went on the main site, made an account, commented on people's artwork, lurked around a bit and then it was only a month after I joined that I realized FA had a forum. I logged onto here, and the rest is history. =)

Sam 007 NL

Taste the fur
Youtube I guess.

K

Kaffee

I honestly don't remember. It was probably when I was looking up fursuit tutorials and such, or maybe when I was doing my original research on the fandom when I first heard of it. I'm fairly certain I found the forums from the main page.

summer salt

Banned
Banned
I would browse art on the main site, I didn't realize there even was a forum until someone linked to a thread in a journal post.

Avelore

The Furdragon!
I was following a few furries on twitter a while ago, when I read a tweet saying "QUICK! EVERYONE TO THE BANDWAGON!". I clicked it, lurked about the forum for a week or two, met the regulars ("FAF regulars are mean people who should be burned -unknown) and eventually registered. So- what brought you to FurAffinity?

Hmmm.. It was about 3 to 4 years ago, I think, or whenever it says I registered under my username.
I was in an otherkin community forum before it got shut down, and I tried to find somewhere to next call my nest. I came across FurNet and was a part of that for a while before registering to FA.

So I came across FA through FurNet IRC.