• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you get into the Fandom?

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
I stumbled across an furry group about ten years ago, they were online chatting about stuff. I followed a link and it led me to a host site and that's when I learned a group of people exists that creates their own anthro-animal content. I knew then this was something I wanted to be a part of.
EDIT: It's kind of funny when I think about it. I went online looking for more books with anthropomorphic characters so I could have a list of what to look for when my mother took me up to the library and instead found a fandom full of anthropomorphic characters.

Last edited:

Taren Fox

Filmmaker
I discovered furry way back when I was in 5th grade. I used to be a big fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Through Sonic forums I found furry art.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I joined the fandom 3 years ago after learning about it from 4chan.

Sono_hito

Your local φ Mephitidae
MUCK is just a multi user txt based game. Think something like WoW, but all txt based.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Haha, pretty much. I used to play a few cool ones like Aardwolf.

yeah... aw man.. I remember the days of "freechat" remember those servers?
it was before aim came out.

Axelfox

Well i got into the fandom by looking up dragons in the early 90's and found stuff on SCFA(Yerf) and saw some of the other neat stuff on it.

Sono_hito

Your local φ Mephitidae
yeah... aw man.. I remember the days of "freechat" remember those servers?
it was before aim came out.
Hmm...It sounds very familiar. My first internet experience was with AOL 5.0. YAY Dialup! :rolleyes: I would play Gemstone 3 on there enough to get me in trouble more than a few times as a kid.

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
I don't remember exactly when I got into furry stuff, but I know which route I took to get there, which I wont tell you about.

I got into the fandom, as in the community and such when I joined this forum last year.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Hmm...It sounds very familiar. My first internet experience was with AOL 5.0. YAY Dialup! :rolleyes: I would play Gemstone 3 on there enough to get me in trouble more than a few times as a kid.

X3 my first internet was a program called "videotex".

but my first REAL internet was when my dad used to hack the phone lines and use the salvation army's dialup service so we could get onto webrings and hack Photoshop 2.0

VoidBat

Got tired of drawing fantasy stuff like elves, dwarves and orcs etc etc.
Friend pointed me into this direction.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
how did I get into the furry fandom?

I walked in through the door.

Romanpower

Do The Dada Life
I found out about furrys in techno music videos on youtube. Very random, i really got into furry rave pictures, that then went to gay anthro pictures, witch led me to fa, then too so many other amazing pictures. Not a fursuiter, but i am going to furcon on sunday, it should be awesome! i want to me some of my favorite artists!

Last edited:

Captain Spyro

Heart of the DragonStar
Basically I got into the fandom after:

1. Playing Spyro the Dragon and creating a fan-character.

2. Joining a Spyro forum.

3. Devloping a crush on Fifi La Fume that I thankfully got out of a few months later.

4. Finding that I preferred looking at furry art when on a place like DeviantArt.

5. Separating my fan character from Spyro and turning him into his own being: Draconius Tarsai Draken.

6. After years of RP.

about 3 years ago looking through wolf and fox pics that eventually lead to random searching on the internet and now im here lol isn't it funny how that works