• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you pick a name for your fursona?

Seriously, how did you pick?

• I just used my name for them since they are me

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I used my user name for them cause they represent me/my account

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I picked it because it has some kind of special meaning to me

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • I picked it because it fit their theme/design/personality/etc.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • It was just a cool name I've always liked, no special reason

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DexinHeart

I'm trying to pick a good name for my fursona, but I just can't decide what to do. Originally I was just going to name them Shai cause they are technically going to be me, but I don't know if I want to do that anymore. I have a tendency to overthink things but at the same time I don't want it to be totally random... So yeah just wondering how you guys did.

Last edited:

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
It really is simple to just name your fursona after your account name in some way. Its not like you need a crazy name for your character, right?

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I picked mine because I love the Japanese people and culture. And Okami is wolf in Japanese. Okami No Heishi is a wolf soldier. Which I was once upon a time.

DexinHeart

It really is simple to just name your fursona after your account name in some way. Its not like you need a crazy name for your character, right?

I don't necessarily want it to be a crazy wierd name, I just kind of want it to be unique and cool :/ but I guess Shay is kind of cool I guess.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I'm a big fan of the mythology of Prometheus.
American natives has a similar story about a fox stealing fire.
I'm also big on symbolism.
So Prometheus Fox was made.

Blue because it's the color the hottest stars are.
And the triangle because that's the classic alchemical symbol for fire.

Secret was born mostly by accident. When I was very young, about 13, I started joining forums that matched my interest, mostly with books and since so many of the books I read involved animals a lot of the other members would have their own fursona. Since my username was always Secret, she became mine and grew with me ^^

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
My 'sona, Axis, is a deer.

A Chital deer.

In the west, Chital deer are known as Axis deer.

I'm so creative, aren't I?

T

TeslaSkunk

My 'sona, Axis, is a deer.

A Chital deer.

In the west, Chital deer are known as Axis deer.

I'm so creative, aren't I?
Better than naming a skunk Tesla and then having nothing to do with electricity.

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
Better than naming a skunk Tesla and then having nothing to do with electricity.
I dunno about that. Sounds like coming up with your name took at least a minute longer than it took to come up with my name. haha

T

TeslaSkunk

I dunno about that. Sounds like coming up with your name took at least a minute longer than it took to come up with my name. haha
You are right in saying it was a little harder to come up with, but i can't help but be a little jealous of how easy it seemed you came up with yours XD Few would know about the origins of Chital/Axis deer as you do, I didn't, so to the normal fuzzies here, it would seem you put a lot of thought into it :)

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
Few would know about the origins of Chital/Axis deer as you do
Oh, I had no idea they existed up until a couple months ago, when I became a furry. I immediately knew I wanted my 'sona to be a deer, so I googled a list of common deer breeds and eventually found Chitals.

It's funny, I really only chose that breed because of their back spots.

9_axis_deer.jpeg

GAAAH, THOSE BACK SPOTS!

T

TeslaSkunk

Oh, I had no idea they existed up until a couple months ago, when I became a furry. I immediately knew I wanted my 'sona to be a deer, so I googled a list of common deer breeds and eventually found Chitals.

It's funny, I really only chose that breed because of their back spots.

9_axis_deer.jpeg

GAAAH, THOSE BACK SPOTS!
Oooooh I think I've seen these deer before, at one of my Zoos, they're so adorable, and yes, those freaking back spots xD

It's funny cos with me, once I did choose the name Tesla, I got intrigued and researched a lot of Nikola Tesla's inventions, so many possibilities

A

Andromedahl

Named my fursona Mr. Kuiper because I wanted something space related and the Kuiper belt happened to be the first thing to come to mind.

Casey Fluffbat

E. Fuscus from the discount section
Named my fursona Mr. Kuiper because I wanted something space related and the Kuiper belt happened to be the first thing to come to mind.
Wait, but he's an Alien named after a region in the Sol system. Coincidence or does he live IN the solar system???

A

Andromedahl

Wait, but he's an Alien named after a region in the Sol system. Coincidence or does he live IN the solar system???
Born and raised on earth somewhere in Canada, immigrated back to what would be his ancestral homeworld in the Andromeda somewhere around 2060.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mobius

Mech pilot.
The main theme behind my fursona is that he's generic. I was going to choose "Joe" or "Moe", but historical mathematicians was a pretty cool naming scheme as well. Thus, I chose the name Mobius.

Synthex

World's Okay-est Hybrid
Mine was based on an alternate gamertag I used. Synthex is honestly just short for Synthetic Ecstasy. I took the gamer tag from the song Frozen by Celldweller..... I just really liked the line.

It also fits because Synthex is an artificially made being, and so am I sorta. Test tube babies ftw.

feaxxae

I needed a name so I started brainstorming, after 10 minutes of thinking I came with the name Feaxxae, and I like the name