• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you pick your fursona species?

DexinHeart

Just curious. For me, I looked up this website that had animal personalities and from what I read mine matched the most with a Mountain Goat. Then I added in the dragon because it's my birth animal in the Chinese Zodiac. So my fursona became a Mountain Goat / Dragon Hybrid of sorts.

What about you? What's your species and how'd you come up with it?

MadKiyo

Furry from the discount section
I like insects and bugs and stuff. I chose the Robber fly. Now, I didn't really choose the "species" per se, I more did a sort of filing down to get the look I wanted, but for a reason. Insects usually have unreasonably large numbers of species under a family. Finding a specific species to match was too difficult and oddly specific, so I took the traits that interested me most from what I've seen while still retaining the Robber fly look. Some species had a lot more fuzz on them, took that. Some had longer and more narrow abdomens, took that. etc etc, you get the picture.

greaserdracula

THE Greaser Dracula
I mixed my two favorite animals together. a crow and an alligator lol. they're alligator bodied with crow feet and feathers all over. I guess a little more similar to dinosaurs?? anyways this is a great question! thanks for asking it :)

greaserdracula

THE Greaser Dracula

Orgunis

I can see you >:3
I like small rodents, and when I made my fursona I was into stuff like Chip n Dale, American Tale, Secret of NIMH, etc.

A

Andromedahl

Couldn't find an animal that clicked with me, mixed together traits of animals I did like, packaged it all nice-like under the banner of an alien; I sorta relate to aliens in a way.

DexinHeart

I mixed my two favorite animals together. a crow and an alligator lol. they're alligator bodied with crow feet and feathers all over. I guess a little more similar to dinosaurs?? anyways this is a great question! thanks for asking it :)

That's very creative ^_^ Never heard of an alligator crow before, neat.
And no prob, I'm glad you like my question.

DexinHeart

I like small rodents, and when I made my fursona I was into stuff like Chip n Dale, American Tale, Secret of NIMH, etc.

OMGOSH I loved American Tale and Secret of NIMH when I was a kid ^_^
You just brought up so many good feelz right then lol

KingTiger856

óÓÒò Furry Pride óÓÒò
Well, I always loved wolves and tigers but I loved the way wolves looked and there are actually the best thing I can draw and I draw wolves more than any animal. They just look so cool!