• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do artists in the community deal with hate/harassment?

4cdarth

(So, I'm going to get one thing out of the way, my stories and art involve diapers, so that seems to be main issue, but the actions taken by this user or group are still uncalled for.)

Recently, I've been dealing with a lot of hate from someone on FA, and it's getting to a point I am unsure what to do.

3 months ago, o made a story involving Spyro the dragon that was skylanders focused, but involved spyro getting diapered. A user decided he didn't like it and told me to kill myself. I reported and issue was resolved. A month ago, a user stole some artwork of mines that was a line art by taking it. Retracing and coloring it, but never gave me credit or asked. They even blocked me before posting it. The issue was resolved.

Last week, they pulled the same thing, this time also stealing my latest submission and covering my name with theirs and changing background color. It was just resolved, but 2 hours after the issue was resolved they made a alt, reposted a stolen piece, and called me a pedo, not only in the desc of the stolen piece, but leaving a comment on my latest piece saying the same.

I am just unsure what to do anymore. Going about it the right way is just making the situation worse, and ignoring it is not a option when the theft is so blatant. It's starting to get to me a bit and I'm unsure what to do anymore.

I enjoy making what I make, but with how evil this one user is being, it's making me unsure what to do anymore.

So, artists, especially babyfur/diaperfur artists, how do you deal with the hate you get? I need advice, please.....
-4cdarth

4cdarth

For the most part, if you keep to yourself others will too.
For the ones who are unruly, blocking them tends to be your best bet.
If in regards to FA, there are filters to help you block things more efficiently.
Never knew about the filters thing. Sadly I'm worried the more I report them, as they keep stealing my art, the more they will make a alt to go after me. I can't just ignore them stealing my work and taking credit.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Never knew about the filters thing. Sadly I'm worried the more I report them, as they keep stealing my art, the more they will make a alt to go after me. I can't just ignore them stealing my work and taking credit.
....do you know if anyone else has been targeted by this person in a similar fashion?

I'm trying to think of ways to help you gather evidence for a more lasting resolution to this debacle and connecting with other targets of this culprit may be a big help there.

Umbral Alice

Well I can't give you advice as I don't post the commissions I get, but since those are some hurtful things they said let me just say don't let it get you down. If it helps I don't see you that way and I hope you can block them.

4cdarth

....do you know if anyone else has been targeted by this person in a similar fashion?

I'm trying to think of ways to help you gather evidence for a more lasting resolution to this debacle and connecting with other targets of this culprit may be a big help there.
Sadly no. They targeted me and only me, meaning that they have some sort of personal grudge against me.

All I can really connect per say is one user 3 months ago left me a comment calling me unoriginal, and then left a shout tell me to go off myself.

2 months after that. First piece of art was stolen.

Last week, they did it again, stolen then another piece, and then yesterday this new acct said vile things against me.

Thinking it might he the same guy, but know for sure the art thief made the alt that left such vile and malicious rumors against me.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Humor is an okay tactic

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I don't mean to make light of the situation but as it stands, this user (along with their various ults) is more of a troll account than anything else. Art is bound to get stolen, that's just what happens when you post something snazzy online. The best thing you could try to do is watermark or signature it in a way that can't easily be cropped out - and then hope that those who do see the stolen art wind up searching your tagline instead when they attempt another steal.

BadRoy

Snake awakens
That stinks, sounds like you've got a troll or two on your case.

I would say to laugh off the name-calling, but 'pedo' is quite the accusation. I'm not sure how to fight that kind of laden descriptor...
As for the art theft that also sucks, but hopefully your art is recognizable enough that reporting and calling him out should do the job. It sucks, but I don't know what more you can do aside from confronting him via message.

Punkedsolar

Never say never
I left for like, fifteen years. I seriously doubt anyone misses the art I did back then, though I still have a weird bunny avatar. Honestly, I was embarrassed by it all, and worried employers would find my work. But...I suppose now I've decided I enjoy doing it enough to return despite it.

I've also developed an inability to remember to read my email...that helps too :D

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
I wouldn't leave myself stepping into such situation, but I feel how you want to keep yours yours without external offense.

In my case, I won't put both A) objectification on stuffs not totally owned by myself, and B) put such stuffs into 'debatable' setups, on the same plate. While I know everyone's got their liberty of expressions and likings, the world isn't full of floral gardens.

Because obviously, you are prone to be targeted by those who hate their preferred stuff being interpreted in the way they dislike (as it's not everyone on the internet are open to various preferences, or in this particular case, fetish.), while not limited to.

So, I would either only share stuffs that never involve characters and stuffs I don't own, or I will never share it to public. Because again, you don't know who's gonna see your stuff and get mad, and no one on earth could possibly control that!

Kinda a sad truth, but it is how it is...
Cheer up though! The 'fault' is not yours!

If you don't wanna make those stuffs 'secret'--for whatever reason that's not a very crucial issue right now--just block those 'attackers' and let go!

Last edited:

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
This person sounds like they've developed an unhealthy fixation on you--whether they're having a lark, or feel they have some kind of moral duty to attack you, or feel annoyed by you and your content, or feel disgusted by you and your content, or just want to bully somebody, it's hard to say.

Best I can figure is to keep reporting, blocking, and beware-ing.

My advice is this: No matter who you are, how attractive, funny, charming, loving and innocuous you are, someone will hate you. They will hate your face, or your clothes, hair, or pick any dumb reason. If you have no enemies that likely means you aren't putting yourself out there enough or just don't know who yet.

But you can't let these people chase you out of spaces everyone has a right to. You can't let them win or you will 100% not be the last target, and they may be emboldened to escalate further. I recommend blocking, and reporting.

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
Not an artist, so can't really comment on that front. Only give my opinion on the matter as an outsider. Hate will always exist. It's IMO more a matter on how you deal with it that counts.

Standing your ground would be my perspective. Don't give those who hate on you any thought, as these kinds of people will always exist. If you react you are pretty much giving them any credibility in the first place. If you know what they are saying is false, defamatory, etc, then why let it bother you? They are speaking lies to begin with and being petty and small-minded.

These people often have little going for them in the first place, so the fact that they are focusing on you(you in a general sense anyway) I would find it funny if anything. Imagine hating someone over the internet who lives hundreds if not thousands of kilometers away. Personally I find it utterly pathetic and childish to even consider stooping so low.

My advice is this: No matter who you are, how attractive, funny, charming, loving and innocuous you are, someone will hate you. They will hate your face, or your clothes, hair, or pick any dumb reason. If you have no enemies that likely means you aren't putting yourself out there enough or just don't know who yet.

But you can't let these people chase you out of spaces everyone has a right to. You can't let them win or you will 100% not be the last target, and they may be emboldened to escalate further. I recommend blocking, and reporting.
"Have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something, sometime, in your life." - Winston Churchill

Ditartyn

Well, I don't pay attention to such things. I attach importance to haters only when they become a real problem for me, for example, when I began to be persecuted by one wife who did not like that I was a designer of children's clothing with an animalistic print. Then I had to apply to digitalinvestigation.com and found her by IP, so she wrote me terrible things on all social networks. In other cases, I understand that if someone does not like my work, it is their right, and it will be those who will like my work.

Last edited: