• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do I draw freckles correctly?

Faexie

Rara for short :)
So as you can see my fursona has freckles (as seen in my profile pic), and they're not great... They just look like it's on a 2D plane, instead of following the shape of the face.

Any advice?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Freckles are usually darker than the background, which might help.

Your character's snout exists on a 2-d plane (that's why the mouth is all on one side) so you're going to struggle if you want the freckles to appear to follow a 3 dimensional surface.

fralea

I would suggest using a slightly transparent brush to draw freckles so you get some variation - some darker and some lighter. Also try to avoid drawing them all equidistant. There should be some clumped and some bare spots.

Ashwolves5

Miss Fluffy Bottom
freckles should be all different. not all are perfectly round, they have different color and sizes. For more depth do shading over them.
upload_2018-11-19_22-55-33.png

mimibast

Heres a quick hack, if you have a brush tool for splatter or even like paint splatter just use that with a darker tone than the background (usually a bit warmer ) and use the brush lightly and lower the opacity by 20% erase the mess that is : when its too clustered and over the border. you might want to try multiple times and do it until you think it looks good... GOODLUCK!