• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do I get my parents to get divorced?

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
If it isn't bad enough to leave home it isn't bad enough at all.

I'm not saying that what they are doing is okay or that you aren't in a bad situation. I'm saying that as someone who has been there you will fucking know when living in your car or sleeping in the park is better than enduring another day of psychological torture. I lived in my car through a month of Arizona summer until I found a place to stay with my friends. (Funnily enough my parents want to be all cool with me now :V).

As for forcing them to divorce, why? Do you think you're going to get to keep the house when they both go their separate ways? More than likely you'll get sucked into the crossfire and end up more distressed than you are now. If moving out isn't an option for you, you have no friends who can take you in, and you are choosing your home situation over homelessness then it means that this is the best you're gonna get until you can land yourself some income.

Your dad sounds like a scumbag and your mom sounds like the lesser of two evils (from the limited information given :V). but if she won't testify to his domestic violence then a lot of the time there is nothing that can be done unless you call the police when it's happening and they show up in time to see bruises. A good number of the time though people who just can't stand each-other stay together and live different lives because separation is too much work and costs time and money.

Has he ever hit you? Because if it's not just limited to his wife then I worry for your little brother. No kid should ever have to watch one of his parents hit the other and more importantly should never get hit by someone he is supposed to love and trust; after a while that stuff can really start to mess you up.

I suppose I don't really have a solution for your question because I don't think that them divorcing is going to solve your problem nor make your or your brother's lives any better. I know it probably sucks to hear 'get a job and get out' for the millionth time because for all I know you are trying your best, but it's the only option you have. As long as you are dependent on others to maintain your standard of living they control you, and can make you as miserable as they will with virtually no consequences.

Good luck, you sound like you need it.

yackitysmackity

Don't pick at it.
Your parents are adults and they need to handle their problems on their own. Whether that leads to divorce or not, is not for you to decide. It's not the son/daughter's job to get involved in their parent's fights and whatnot. Just makes things worse in my opinion. Concentrate on your hobbies, school work, friends, etc until your 18 and then get the hell out of there.

Unless of course, you're already 18. Then all I really have to say is...why the heck are you still there? Being witness to a destructive relationship isn't good on the psyche so to willingly subject yourself to it day in day out sounds...strange.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Unless of course, you're already 18. Then all I really have to say is...why the heck are you still there? Being witness to a destructive relationship isn't good on the psyche so to willingly subject yourself to it day in day out sounds...strange.
Fenrari already made it clear that he can't find anywhere to survive out of his home.

Haru_Ray

The Christian Yoyoing Wolf
Have you considered doing some sort of intervention type of deal?
Maybe some other family or friends of your mom or dad you can tell about this?

They need to know that this is NOT ok.

There has to be some people close to you and the fam that you can tell about this.
Im saying, the greater amount of people that know, the more chance of you finding some sort of help.

You don't deserve to live like that man, and it takes some effort to get out of it, but you just gotta bring it out into the open, for something to change.

yackitysmackity

Don't pick at it.
Fenrari already made it clear that he can't find anywhere to survive out of his home.

Now THAT just sounds like a lazy excuse. There's always a way out. If he's not willing to find it than the situation must not be that bad to begin with.

Yago

Ambered Amaranth
As for my post, I'm aware it's barbaric and wrong on at least eighteen levels. He asked for things he could do. Not reasonable courses of actions, necessarily. And it's possible it would somehow help him. Forgive my cold-hearted logic.

I'm well aware of the seriousness of domestic violence. I lived through it for years.

It's more of the kind of suggestion of "Oh, your arm hurts? Cut it off".

My sincerest apologies for offending anyone. It's not exactly serious, not exactly trolling. More of just an abstract possibility.

Metalmeerkat

As slick as a bad analogy
As for my post, I'm aware it's barbaric and wrong on at least eighteen levels. He asked for things he could do. Not reasonable courses of actions, necessarily. And it's possible it would somehow help him. Forgive my cold-hearted logic.

I'm well aware of the seriousness of domestic violence. I lived through it for years.

It's more of the kind of suggestion of "Oh, your arm hurts? Cut it off".

My sincerest apologies for offending anyone. It's not exactly serious, not exactly trolling. More of just an abstract possibility.

It was in bad taste, even as a joke.

But Fenrari, do you have any possible source of income? You will have to leave on your own, eventually (and it sounds like the sooner the better), so are you preparing for that?

Yago

Ambered Amaranth
It was in bad taste, even as a joke.

But Fenrari, do you have any possible source of income? You will have to leave on your own, eventually (and it sounds like the sooner the better), so are you preparing for that?

What? I already mentioned I wasn't joking. I wasn't being particularly serious or reasonable, either. If someone asked you ways to remove someone out of your life, and someone suggested murder or torture, it'd be about the same level of wrongness. That's pretty much what I did, and I wasn't attempting to offend anyone, either, though I did sincerely apologize.

jtrekkie

Feathered
I wonder what happened. Hope it turned out well.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
you know its funny

so many furries say they CANT FIND A FUCKING JOB

like really?

you cant find one single job?

not on craigs list?

not at mcdonalds?

not at the grocery store?

not even at the temp agency?

the longer i hear this line, the more i think its that they WONT FIND A JOB

WolfNightV4X1