• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

UwUCarlaUwU

Hello my fluffy children! OwO
I really want to tell them, but they HATE stuff like this, especially Gays and Transgenders, are there any tips on how to share the good of it and not the bad? help? XD

Joni

I'm a hot dog

kiroku

If you know they will react badly to it, I don't see any reason there is to tell them - unless there is some kind of compelling reason. Being a "furry" is just an easy term to describe an interest in anthro art, writing, costuming, or anything else.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
You don't. Why would they need to know? It's not like being a furry is a sexuality or even a lifestyle. It's just a fandom. If you didn't explicitly describe to them that you like anime, you shouldn't need to describe to them that you're a furry. :/

What you do in your murr suit is none of their business anyway, lol (I'm kidding here). But, if you really need an explanation just tell them that you like the concept of how mascots make people smile, and that you like fantasy art. That should be good enough to cover the whole furry fandom stuff.

Illuminaughty

Ring-a-ding-ding, pal.
You don't. Why would they need to know?

Exactly. "Being a furry" is basically the same as liking Transformers or Lord of the Rings. It's an entertainment pastime, it isn't a societal "role" like a sexuality or gender identity.

That said, your parents are being sucky parents- not just because they're bigoted, but also because you really shouldn't have to be so afraid of them that you instead consult the internet when you have a problem. I'm not sure how old you are, but I want to let you know that this is not how good parents behave toward their children, and I hope that you can find independence from them soon.

UwUCarlaUwU

Hello my fluffy children! OwO
Anyway i told my mom, she said their weird and bad, and their not okay, :( i tried to show her but she cut me off, hopefully in the future, when im like 16-17 i can start, but until then, i'll be a regular bb who likes furries but is scared to show it :)

Vinfang

Indie Game Artist / Telegram: vinfang
Anyway i told my mom, she said their weird and bad, and their not okay, :( i tried to show her but she cut me off, hopefully in the future, when im like 16-17 i can start, but until then, i'll be a regular bb who likes furries but is scared to show it :)

I got busted by my mom of me writing some colourful naruto fanfiction when I was 13, it does nothing to stop me from watching naruto, reading yaoi, or a combination of both.