• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do you direct your Discord for Patreon?

GatsbyGhoul

sphinx mama
I'm not a heavy Discord user but I know some creators like having an exclusive Discord for their Patrons.

How does that work? What do people like to do in a Patreon exclusive Discord?

As I said, I'm not a constant Discord user so I don't know what to in a Discord other than chatting, voice channels, and sharing art.

Last edited:
I know some people set up a discord and manually send out one time link invites to their email when someone becomes any level of supporter, making it a patreon discord only.

However this link might be of interest to you:

Pretty much you set up a bot on the server you made that handles the bridge between patreon and the server itself, giving people the option to opt into a role only they have I believe.

GatsbyGhoul

sphinx mama
I know some people set up a discord and manually send out one time link invites to their email when someone becomes any level of supporter, making it a patreon discord only.

However this link might be of interest to you:

Pretty much you set up a bot on the server you made that handles the bridge between patreon and the server itself, giving people the option to opt into a role only they have I believe.
No, yeah, I've got that. ^_^

But, what is it in a Discord server that keeps people interested, is what I mean. I imagine people get a bit bored chatting back and forth. "Hey, how are you, good, and you?"

If that makes sense. :')

No, yeah, I've got that. ^_^

But, what is it in a Discord server that keeps people interested, is what I mean. I imagine people get a bit bored chatting back and forth. "Hey, how are you, good, and you?"

If that makes sense. :')
Oh shit sorry.

In all honesty it's probably just to be closer to the creator, get more personal interaction with them and what they are thinking/doing. I think it kinda makes sense as depending on what people follow you for it may be easier to put most of your interactive juices into one space or place. People approach and become within reach in a different way. I'd argue it also helps the creator as well to reach out to their followers in a more personal manner as well c:

If you're magnetic enough, and create or post things to light a conversation, people will kinda make activity for you on there.
Everyone loves to share stuff and talk about themselves too, and also a lot of places turn into a meme central.

I'm honestly not much of a social person so I shouldn't speak too much for others but there are benefits. I have had the experience of trying to run a few discord servers that turn into a bit of a ghost town even with lots of members inside(Kinda the double edged sword of Discord as everyone is fighting for users attention and creating and joining servers are so easy.)

GatsbyGhoul

sphinx mama
Oh shit sorry.

In all honesty it's probably just to be closer to the creator, get more personal interaction with them and what they are thinking/doing. I think it kinda makes sense as depending on what people follow you for it may be easier to put most of your interactive juices into one space or place. People approach and become within reach in a different way. I'd argue it also helps the creator as well to reach out to their followers in a more personal manner as well c:

If you're magnetic enough, and create or post things to light a conversation, people will kinda make activity for you on there.
Everyone loves to share stuff and talk about themselves too, and also a lot of places turn into a meme central.

I'm honestly not much of a social person so I shouldn't speak too much for others but there are benefits. I have had the experience of trying to run a few discord servers that turn into a bit of a ghost town even with lots of members inside(Kinda the double edged sword of Discord as everyone is fighting for users attention and creating and joining servers are so easy.)
AH, sorry, I always forget to reply to things once I start commissions again :'D

But that's interesting, I never thought about it that way! I guess it is pretty cool when others can be open to people on the server and make connections. But I totally get that, about the servers turning into ghost towns.

But I least I understand it all a bit better. Thank you for your response! :)