• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do you feel about people hating children?

Golden

I don't mind kids and I generally get along with most of the people I meet, but adolescents tend to piss me off. However, as long as you're not pretentious, or sex-obsessed, or an idiot, you're on good terms with me.

Aleu

Deuces
"You can't hate what you used to be" is the most absurd and stupidest argument I've heard in a while. So a reformed criminal can't hate what he used to be? What a load of shit. What the fuck does it matter if I used to be a kid? I mean how can you possibly justify that retarded notion?

Judge Spear

A little more venomous than I would have worded, but I agree. I never did get that logic. It's not like I'll ever BE a kid again...which is actually sad to think about. ;-;

Tigercougar

A little more venomous than I would have worded, but I agree. I never did get that logic. It's not like I'll ever BE a kid again...which is actually sad to think about. ;-;

That actually makes me happy. Adulthood means MANY more responsibilities, but also MUCH more control over your life.

Judge Spear

But the innocence and nostalgia of childhood. Q-Q
I don't think I can have fond memories like that anymore, even if it's of stuff I'm no longer interested in. But I can see it both ways.

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
I'll say it again: It seems some furries hate children only because they don't want them. If they had children, that means they can't be perverted 24-7 anymore, they can't live in 10 simultaneous e-relationships, and can't go to 20 cons a year. It means they have to grow up and be mature, and we don't want that, do we?

EDIT: I'm not talking about people posting in this thread. I'm talking about some mainsite people.

Last edited:

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
I'll say it again: It seems some furries hate children only because they don't want them. If they had children, that means they can't be perverted 24-7 anymore, they can't live in 10 simultaneous e-relationships, and can't go to 20 cons a year. It means they have to grow up and be mature, and we don't want that, do we?
The problem solves itself in that case.

Aleu

Deuces

I don't fit under any of these and yet I still hate children. There's a multitude of reasons why I don't want children. Hating them is just one aspect. I also don't feel like physically restricting myself for 9 months all for the sake of a parasite that may or may not be worth it. It's also nothing about not wanting to care for something either. I'd much rather get a cat. They're more adorable, less annoying, and less expensive.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
My goodness, we're getting a bit edgy in here aren't we? I suppose it shouldn't be surprising, considering the topic will draw people filled with rash thoughts.

Lhune

*waves* Another "I'd rather have a cat"-person here. I'm not even a furry so none of those things really apply to me, but the reason behind it is indeed pretty much right. A child demands an immense amount of responsibility, time, money and energy. While I think I could handle the responsibility part, the other three are negatives that for me right now are outweighing the positives by far. Because honestly, what ARE the positives? The "love and affection" you get from a child? I get that from my boyfriend and pets, enough to be happy. The fact that you have someone to pass on your genes? Couldn't care less about them. Having someone to take care of you when you're old? That's just freakin' selfish and so not worth the effort.

Nope, I'll just be a lovely aunt.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Aren't the majority of furries really young? Like 18-24? Surprise, surprise, they aren't interested in having a family.

Aleu

Deuces
My goodness, we're getting a bit edgy in here aren't we? I suppose it shouldn't be surprising, considering the topic will draw people filled with rash thoughts.

Oh, I forgot. EVERYONE must want children so those who have been saying they don't even though they haven't considered the possibility for YEARS are OBVIOUSLY being rash and haven't thought much on the subject.
Naaaaah these people are just being EDGY because who wouldn't want to restrict their life at the beck and call to someone else for 18+ years?

Rilvor

Formal when angry
Aren't the majority of furries really young? Like 18-24? Surprise, surprise, they aren't interested in having a family.

I am of the opinion it takes time for adults to begin to understand the concept of children. I am starting to see along the lines, despite how much I dislike children. One's perception begins to shift. Ask me three years ago and I would have surely had some edgy, teenager-sounding response.

Some people may never think along the lines that appreciates what children are and that is fine; I hope they never have them. I may not ever myself.

Oh, I forgot. EVERYONE must want children so those who have been saying they don't even though they haven't considered the possibility for YEARS are OBVIOUSLY being rash and haven't thought much on the subject.
Naaaaah these people are just being EDGY because who wouldn't want to restrict their life at the beck and call to someone else for 18+ years?
I am calling you an edgy child for how you say it, not what you say.

Aleu

Deuces
I am calling you an edgy child for how you say it, not what you say.
There is no nice way of saying that one despises children so it really makes no difference.
Apparently hating something makes one edgy now. Well now that pretty much leaves...everyone being edgy.

The world needs a lot less children anyway. I would prefer that people consider adoption.
A lot more people would if it weren't damn near impossible unless you were a rich, christian family. That's the main reason why people adopt from other countries rather than here is because the system here is so STRICT.

Last edited:
I like kids that are 3-8 year old, if they are younger I fear that I might hurt them ;n; And I dislike bratty kids regardless of age, but I dont hate them. I hate their parents for being terrible at raising children.

I don't really get why people hate children. If they don't want to be around them, thats fine. But hate them? And some kids are funny and smart ^^

Last edited:

Judge Spear

Probably the most biased unthought out reasoning yet. I'd sooner buy the "you were a kid once" argument.

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
Probably the most biased unthought out reasoning yet. I'd sooner buy the "you were a kid once" argument.

I'm not attacking any of you, nor am I saying everyone thinks like this. I'm just saying, some people don't want kids, or even get married to a partner as they just don't want the responsibility that comes with these things. Some people are immature and want to party all night long. I'm not saying they're immature for not wanting these things. I'm saying immaturity can lead to it. There are many other valid reasons why someone wouldn't want kids, mature reasons.

Again, though, yes, most furries are young (and occasionally awkward), so such big life decisions aren't on their minds yet.

I will say though, a lot of kids these days are brats, and they annoy me. The college students I see going on late-night bar crawls on school nights...if they become parents...god, what will their kids be like?

Remember, a kid who is a little shit has stinky parents.
Anyway, hate is a strong word. Aleu, XoPachi, do you really hate children in general, or do you just find them annoying? Just because some Christian fundies go around preaching the joys of childbirth doesn't mean you have to hate kids when you don't have them. Blanket hatred is irrational. Please, explain why you hate kids. And don't say you hate them because they're annoying. That's not a valid reason.

Last edited:

Kapherdel

Derpy La Dezpy
I don't necessarily dislike kids.. but you know the ones that chew as loud as they can, and talk to you like shit, and act like they rule the world? Those ones can go away for all I care. Forever. Plus, kids who don't understand a word I'm saying no matter how simple, get on my nerves ("Do you like that pattern?" Kid: "What do you mean? Me: "Do you like the way it looks" Kids: "I don't know") Blah.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
It depends on the kid.

The experience I had with shitty kids stems from work where I have to deal with them and their equally shitty parents. I don't hate every kid I come across, just the ones who are complete brats and deserves some quality time with the switch and their equally shithead spawners.

Last edited:

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
I consider "I hate kids" to be about the most unattractive thing that could ever come out of a guy's mouth. I'd make that a gender-neutral statement but I don't really have an opinion about female attractiveness. But, if it's not someone I'd otherwise want to date, I don't mind if people dislike kids, as long as they don't bitch at just having a kid who isn't currently dirty or loud in a room with them.

Judge Spear

I'm not attacking any of you, nor am I saying everyone thinks like this. I'm just saying, some people don't want kids, or even get married to a partner as they just don't want the responsibility that comes with these things. Some people are immature and want to party all night long. I'm not saying they're immature for not wanting these things. I'm saying immaturity can lead to it. There are many other valid reasons why someone wouldn't want kids, mature reasons.

Again, though, yes, most furries are young (and occasionally awkward), so such big life decisions aren't on their minds yet.

I will say though, a lot of kids these days are brats, and they annoy me. The college students I see going on late-night bar crawls on school nights...if they become parents...god, what will their kids be like?

Remember, a kid who is a little shit has stinky parents.
Anyway, hate is a strong word. Aleu, XoPachi, do you really hate children in general, or do you just find them annoying? Just because some Christian fundies go around preaching the joys of childbirth doesn't mean you have to hate kids when you don't have them. Blanket hatred is irrational. Please, explain why you hate kids. And don't say you hate them because they're annoying. That's not a valid reason.

If you are a party animal... If you are a furry with poor priorities... If you're just simply immature and you make the choice against reproducing because you recognize your fault in the responsibility department, that is actually one of the most mature and responsible things you can do. Because someone truly immature who does not care about shit and knows fuck all about taking care of their life let alone a child for two decades spawning offspring is disastrous.

And annoying is most definitely a valid reason. We despise other people as adults because they're annoying but no one complains. Ever. And I want you to find the post were I said verbatim that I outright hate children. You'll be hard pressed to because it doesn't exist. I said they just need to leave me alone and I don't care about them except for two circumstances. Don't put words in my mouth...posts.....fingers whatever the fuck. That's how FAF brand "arguments" start. Blanket hatred IS irrational which I why I don't do it.

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
I've gotta say though, a lot of kids these days are spoiled, uncontrollable brats. Has parenting taken a backseat to giving the child what they want?

Bloodshot_Eyes

I used to hate kids, then I saw they were usually a reflection on how the parent(s) act... so I started hating shitty parenting.