• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do you get from A to B?

How do you move?

• Walking

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Bicycle

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Drive

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Public Transportation

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Taxi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Vegetating in front of a computer does not require physical movement.

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
as long as it isnt too far i walk. otherwise i use public transportation

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
Public transport's for poor people
:V

Nah, not being of legal age, my city of residence being quite large, and the lack of a semi-decent transport system forces me to be driven around by my parents in either of their cars.

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
I take the bus or ask my friends for rides.

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
Public transport's for poor people
:V

Nah, not being of legal age, my city of residence being quite large, and the lack of a semi-decent transport system forces me to be driven around by my parents in either of their cars.

I like to imagine you as a wealthy Arab prince being toted around by your personal entourage in Hummer limousines.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
I like to imagine you as a wealthy Arab prince being toted around by your personal entourage in Hummer limousines.
D:<
You offend me, sir.

My parents have a Toyota Prado and a Range Rover Supercharged, so not exactly hummer limos.
And I hate arabs.
(Those here, anyways).

Kitutal

cute newbie kitten
I walk anywhere up to a few miles, if I know the way, otherwise, i want to take the bus, but I haven't learnt the bus routes or where there is worth going since moving to university. Anywhere too far, then, I get the train, getting a lot more comfortable with just popping up to london or wherever for the day. A couple of hours on the train, why not?

M. LeRenard

Is not French
I ride the world-famous rattle-trap public bus system of Cleveland, or I walk. Americans are really funny about seating on public transit. Like, you'll get on a bus, and exactly half of the seats will be filled because everyone spreads out as much as possible so they don't have to sit next to someone else. Some people even do this asshole thing where they'll sit in the aisle seat and stick their backpack or whatever in the window seat, and then even if the bus fills to capacity and people are standing in the aisle holding onto the metal handholds, they won't move. And then sometimes the front of the bus will fill up completely with people standing when there are three or four open seats in the back. But I guess it's better to be crammed like sardines into the front of the bus than to have to sit down next to somebody you don't know.

Criminal Scum

Can't stop.
I live in a pretty rural area, so I can drive.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
I can drive myself.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I usually go by bus. Unless it's less than 5miles away, then I go by bike or walking

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
I usually drive my car, but if given the choice on a nice day I will ride my bike.
Honestly it is nice to ride my bike, and feel that awesome wind in your face.

I ride the world-famous rattle-trap public bus system of Cleveland, or I walk. Americans are really funny about seating on public transit. Like, you'll get on a bus, and exactly half of the seats will be filled because everyone spreads out as much as possible so they don't have to sit next to someone else. Some people even do this asshole thing where they'll sit in the aisle seat and stick their backpack or whatever in the window seat, and then even if the bus fills to capacity and people are standing in the aisle holding onto the metal handholds, they won't move. And then sometimes the front of the bus will fill up completely with people standing when there are three or four open seats in the back. But I guess it's better to be crammed like sardines into the front of the bus than to have to sit down next to somebody you don't know.

America has this undeserving " I am entitled to everything " attitude and I grew up with this attitude all around me and I still don't get it. Everyone thinks they are a bad-ass, but in the end they suck hard and act like jerks. I see this all the time in the cities down here, and it is honestly gross to me, people need to grow up and just learn to get along. I even drive my friends to certain places and I tell them to put the backpacks in the damn trunk. I get asked why, and my answer is because then there is room for others. Man, I know how you feel about this, its retarded and below the level of normal people. Just...don't hate us all, at least this American tries to do his best to act like a human being...not a jerk.

Last edited:

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Oh, I think it's just silly mostly. It's probably an artifact of the wide-open spaces Americans have become accustomed to. You know. Everyone has to have a house with a lawn and a backyard and a side yard, so we all stay away from each other all the time, and hence when you ride the bus you still want to stay away from everyone. The funniest thing is that it appears to be subconscious, like everyone just has this unspoken order given to them to not sit next to someone else if you can help it, and so every time you get on the bus you see this spacing-out behavior happen. Call it 'American bus entropy' or something.

Neuron

I either carpool, use public transit, or more often than not nowadays, walk. Denver and Boulder are great cities for just walking where ever you want to go and the subtle inclinations and the fact blocks can mean upto a half mile in a lot of areas means you burn a lot of calories doing that.

Metalmeerkat

As slick as a bad analogy
Cars? Way too expensive, and I'll walk if
a) It's actually accessible (proper sidewalks are something that North Carolina abhors)
b) i) If it's scheduled: I can get there in time
b) ii) Otherwise: if it's under ~5 miles

If not, then I say hitch a ride or say screw it.

M. Le Renard said:
But I guess it's better to be crammed like sardines into the front of the bus than to have to sit down next to somebody you don't know.
Odd, I'd say that without the sarcasm. :v

Last edited:

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
Oh, I think it's just silly mostly. It's probably an artifact of the wide-open spaces Americans have become accustomed to. You know. Everyone has to have a house with a lawn and a backyard and a side yard, so we all stay away from each other all the time, and hence when you ride the bus you still want to stay away from everyone. The funniest thing is that it appears to be subconscious, like everyone just has this unspoken order given to them to not sit next to someone else if you can help it, and so every time you get on the bus you see this spacing-out behavior happen. Call it 'American bus entropy' or something.

I wonder if that will ever go away, that or if they want like their own slot for everything. I don't know its also like the idea of sharing spaces is taboo and we are all infected with a really bad disease. To me I see a lot of fear in it too, as in if you sit next to someone and they have that weird silence and don't even say hi. I mean I just say hi to break that tension when you sit next to strangers and such, but you don't get that anymore I mean you don't have to but its nice to just relieve that you know? The tension I mean. I might be trailing off a bit, but end point being that everyone has to get use to being around each other.

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.
I mostly take the bus, but I bum rides whenever I can. I like the bus, though. Some good entertainment happens on there.

I want to start biking in the summer, though. Not to lose weight, but to save money. Plus, I always liked biking when I was in high-school.