• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do you like your steak?

How do you like your steak cooked?

• Total voters

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?

Lobar

Seriously. There are lots of cheaper things that you can make taste like A1 instead. Just because it says STEAK SAUCE on the bottle doesn't mean that's the only thing you can put it on. Try burgers or chicken or add some to your pot roast, just please leave it off your steaks. Good steak needs no coverup.

Ricky

Honestly, when I cook steak I usually just smother both sides in oyster sauce, wrap it in tin foil and put it in the toaster oven (on toast) for about 20 minutes.

Then if you take pasta and put the oyster / au jus mix on top of it, and a little Wonnie's Hot and Spicy Korean stuff on top of the steak, it tastes fucking AWESOME.

I'm sure there are better ways to cook it, but this takes 20 minutes and you can do in your toaster oven in your apartment (or whatever).

Tervicz

Medium rare, but we call that saignant. Salt and pepper backed, mayo and frites. But my favourite sauce is pepper sauce or pepper cream sauce, at least that is what I will mostly order at restaurants. Also, the best cut: Hanger steak or Onglet. And I noticed this particular cut isn't all that popular in the US, hardly available, when I was there last year, but here and in France it is a top piece of beef. It's a long and narrow piece of flesh, doesn't look too appetising, but it packs the best flavour.

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
The talk of steak sauce reminds me of Burger King's Steakhouse Burger...

...now that shit ruled.

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
But what if you just love that sauce anyway? You never need to put sauce on a steak but it makes it even better!

I had blue cheese on my steak yesterday. As much as I like it, I think it overpowers the beef.

SilverKarja

But what if you just love that sauce anyway? You never need to put sauce on a steak but it makes it even better!
Then you're probably not a 'foodie' and don't savor food for what it is or balance and textures a good cook/chef can bring out in a meal. >.>,,

VoidBat

Beef is extremely safe. There is only a marginal risk of e. coli contamination, which may occur if a careless butcher nicks the intestines while breaking down a carcass. Any such contamination does not penetrate the meat, but only lives on the surface, and thus is eliminated just by searing.

Still going to play it safe.
Poor hygiene and cooking knowledge is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Of course, if you apply proper heating to the meat, then I don't see a problem with it.

Schwimmwagen

Then you're probably not a 'foodie' and don't savor food for what it is or balance and textures a good cook/chef can bring out in a meal. >.>,,

I don't even like food that much. :V I only eat enough to keep me alive (I can't bring myself to eat anymore, I don't know why) but I'm addicted to the flavourings, not the feeling of having a full belly.

Lobar

Honestly, when I cook steak I usually just smother both sides in oyster sauce, wrap it in tin foil and put it in the toaster oven (on toast) for about 20 minutes.

Then if you take pasta and put the oyster / au jus mix on top of it, and a little Wonnie's Hot and Spicy Korean stuff on top of the steak, it tastes fucking AWESOME.

I'm sure there are better ways to cook it, but this takes 20 minutes and you can do in your toaster oven in your apartment (or whatever).

This would be much more of an awesome thing to do to short ribs or some brisket or flank or anything but steak.

SilverKarja

I don't even like food that much. :V I only eat enough to keep me alive (I can't bring myself to eat anymore, I don't know why) but I'm addicted to the flavourings, not the feeling of having a full belly.
Being a foodie isn't about stuffing yourself....I mean geez...look at the little French meal portions. >.>,, I dunno, some people do just eat to live and don't care and don't have the ability to notice much about what they're eating.....others just haven't had good enough food to experience the mouthgasm that is the perfect balance of the right flavors and textures. O.O,, But oh....when you find it......it is worth every cent.