• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do you make friends?

Gavrill

ladies~
I don't. Social phobias are a bitch. Can't even go alone into a Wal-Mart without feeling absolutely terrible.

And flirting? Forget it. Unless I'm drunk.

Aaros

Haha, I saw the thread title and I was like, "What a furry thread..."
only furries would have to ask strangers online to understand how to make friends.

Cam

Tick my laint
I don't. Social phobias are a bitch. Can't even go alone into a Wal-Mart without feeling absolutely terrible.

And flirting? Forget it. Unless I'm drunk.

I use to have horrible social anxiety. Mostly just because I sucked at talking. I got rid of it by forcing myself to talk to people. Itll work on a hit/miss basis, but if you find someone to befriend, that usually starts a chain reaction of meeting new people.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
I simply find the parts lying about, and... since I'm good with tools... I don't usually end up with any assembly issues.

Bambi

I make friends by being spontaneous when they like to talk, and courteous when they don't want to.

On the internet though, friends can made in a lot of ways. :D

T

Tycho

Oh, this is going to be a great thread.

Aaaaand a bunch of posts later...

This isn't a great thread. I had marshmallows ready and everything. What the hell.

On the internet though, friends can made in a lot of ways. :D

Mostly by lying through your teeth constantly (and being good at it).

Last edited by a moderator:

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
Theatre
Having classes together and start up conversations.
Being a generaly friendly person.

Bambi

Mostly by lying through your teeth constantly (and being good at it).
Except in my case, I don't lie. :/

Which could be a problem.

Iudicium_86

Just another artist
Just be yourself and expand. Don't be only a Fur :p I hang around Metalheads, Goths, Artists, Anime fans, Gamers, etc. Get involved with any kind of group stuff if you're in school.
And be yourself!!! Don't let someone else love a mask and then discover you were lying to them. Or other way around, you hide something you later find out they HATE. Furries for example. lol

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
I don't usually make friends; I'll meet people and say hello when I need to, but over the years I've found that I find TRUE friends when they're the first ones to approach me and actually work to get my attention. Once someone has at least some decency to talk to the quiet girl sitting a corner, I just act myself. Only after we've become "Friends" will I allow them to see my bitchy side.

just look around and start talking to people.. the wont just fall from the sky.

Enwon

Nihilistic Atheist
For me, I just talk to people. If I enjoy talking to them frequently, I get their phone number, and their facebook, and start hanging out with them. It's a natural, simple process.

Pliio8

Has No Compassion
Find people who share interests. Talk to them. That's it, you have a friend.

First day of college was pretty nerve wracking for me. I plucked up the courage to approach a group of people and introduce myself, sat down and had lunch with them and chatted. People are a lot more welcoming than you think if you're friendly.

First day of college was pretty nerve wracking for me. I plucked up the courage to approach a group of people and introduce myself, sat down and had lunch with them and chatted. People are a lot more welcoming than you think if you're friendly.

Making friends in college is actually easyer i think. because everyone is new in college. when i finished highschool very few of me friends there went to the same college.

Wreth

GERTY
Friends friends, talking to whoever I end up sitting next to for whatever reason.

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
i just talk to people

that normally works

Enwon

Nihilistic Atheist
Pretty much this. Don't try to be overly friendly with people you barely know. You're not at liberty to crack jokes until you know each other well.

It works different for me. I'm not at liberty to do anything but crack jokes until I know someone very well. Unfortunately, that means many people won't really know me beyond my sense of humor.