• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do you make online friends?

Spazzlez

Simply One Hell of a Pokemon Master
I dunno I made two friends here and I'm also looking for friends

Maelstrom Eyre

Ahmoua Wolf
Some of my best online friends, I've made through RP - not the annoying spontaneous "/me glomps you" kind of thing, but more immersive, detailed, storyline and character-based RP. I'm active in a RP sim on Second Life and have made quite a few good friends just through interactions there, as well as just by being a regular at some of the hangouts and chatting with other people. Over time you get to know each other and realize they you have similar deranged sense of humor, or a similar style of roleplay and interest in the same types of storylines and amount of character depth.

I do not tend to carry over many of my "Second Life" or online friendships into anything beyond the online world, just because I am a reserved and private kind of person in real life and my "furry" life is something I do not share with my real-life friends or family.

Ocelot8

Talk to people, be nice, respect people's space and privacy. Just general stuff. Maybe find groups with similar interests.

Half-Note

Watch a lot of people on the main site and keep up a regular rapport with 'em. Since lots of people follow the "watch me, I'll watch you" system, you'll have a more people listening in when you make journals or post art. It's like your own little community.

*Looks at post, looks at sig*

Did you really just pick Sylox randomly?
If telling the truth will do more harm than telling a lie... Yes, I did.

Half-Note

I see.... ,,* v *,,
Is that an invitation to add you as a friend in the forum...?!
,,,* A *,,,
Hmmmm....

Could I use more friends?

Welp, few friends I've made that've been real friends.

Few friends that I've been able to stick with in the long run.

But... Sure, why not. :)

For better or worse, sending an invite. Just don't ruin my sanity. It's torn up enough as it is.

Ieono

Uberaffe
I had a very "shonen" upbringing, in which I'd make a lot of my closest friends by getting into fights with other boys. We'd fight out our problems and then get over our issues, which led to us getting really close and becoming the best of friends. That's how it is when you grow up in the country, I guess?

D

DonKarnage

Some of what I read seem good, but for me I only got many "bad seed". I try with new furs but it did not work, they just disappear and never reply. Other where jerk with their attitude of "I don't want anything to do with the furry" and yet he hand on a furry forum, he got a furry avatar but his name is not really furry.

I know some furs for like 3 years and one who we did talk a lot and yet when I was in his city 2 years ago for a week he never seem interested in showing it self. And he seem harder to talk to on Skype and text message. I even send him a small video for the holiday with Skype but I never get any feed back, like he did not received it or did not want it.

he local furs are only on Facebook, and I have no desire to have a Facebook page.

I have names on Skype, but I don't see them much online.

Its not easy to find friends and harder to keep them.

Fishie-Lips

I get that (both parts), do you only RP on Second Life? Would you mind if I PMd you for more information?

*looks at you sadly*
*pets your head*
It just ain't done.

That seems to be the general concensus. O u O

Just don't ruin my sanity. It's torn up enough as it is.
I have enough of my own trauma to know better.

Me and my best irl friend are like that. We know we're true friends since we're still friends after the dust settles.
(Btw I like your Avatar)

The struggle is real.
You only need a few great friends to make the search worth it though. I'm fotunate to have found a great irl friend, I hope you can find the same too.

Half-Note

*hugs Fishie* We'll be the best of friends. :3

D

DonKarnage

I get that (both parts), do you only RP on Second Life? Would you mind if I PMd you for more information?

*looks at you sadly*
*pets your head*
It just ain't done.

That seems to be the general concensus. O u O

I have enough of my own trauma to know better.

Me and my best irl friend are like that. We know we're true friends since we're still friends after the dust settles.
(Btw I like your Avatar)

The struggle is real.
You only need a few great friends to make the search worth it though. I'm fotunate to have found a great irl friend, I hope you can find the same too.

If I knew where I would go !

But no money no candy. I don't drink coffee, beer or anything that is alcohol. So not much place I could go. Now where would i find peoples? I'm not interested in a mate, I don't do RP and I got no place to "meet" peoples. Library might be a place to go, but I need money if I want to eat outside home.

That's a problem when you have no money and there are no place "free" where you can meet others.

Radost

Look for posts that show people that have common interests or ideas and add them, my online friends are usually on games thought not going to lie but i just started posting on these forums so that's something i need to figure out to. Anyone else here like furry? add me!

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
Just be nice and talk to others. You'll get along with some better than others. Having a common interest helps. In fact, I'll add you as a friend to help with that.

BagelRabbit

Here's what I've found:

Be nice to other people, but don't be afraid to make your opinions clear and your voice heard. Find people whom you think are really cool and don't be shy about anything. That's really the gist of it in a sentence.

When you voice your own opinions, try to treat the other side like they are respectable human beings. I know that this is not a very difficult thing to wrap your head around, but it is still something that a lot of people don't do.

I've found, at least personally, that people appreciate constructive criticism and honesty. People will actually like you more if you comment, "Hey, this is great! In my opinion at least, though, you might want to try this and this" or "While I agree with you here, let's talk about this" than if you comment "OMG U AR SO AWSOM AND BRUTEFUL."

I am, myself, a bit of a newbie to this Forum, sans any friends yet. If anyone would like to help out this poor fellow, I would be more than happy to provide you with free imaginary chocolate-chip cookies and/or beer. Thank you. :)

-Bagel