• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How do you see the world?

Sivath

ㅇㅅㅇ
Warning; word vomit

I don't usually like guts. They are gross, and they contain faeces and vomit.
But I was cuddling my doggo and she's so cute! Her nose and her fur and her warmth and her little heart and tiny brain and cute little intestines are so so cute!
Woah, hold up. What did I just think? I loved my dog so much I wanted to kiss her intestines.
Does it weird you out? I would never hurt her, but that emotion's still a thing.

It's just probably because my brain thinks of everything in a molecular level.
Like, I can't see a glass of water without naturally thinking it as a bunch of H2O and other minerals. I see hot water and subconsciously think; 'wow the water molecules are dancing a little further apart. I should be careful because they splash more easily.
I can't draw without thinking; 'the graphite is sticking to the paper. It easily breaks off because of it's molecular structure'.
I always keep in mind where the sun is and how Earth moves around it. So it was quite a shock when we went to the West beach, and my dad expected to see the sun rise out of the ocean.
I can't see a person without thinking about their muscles, guts and cells and everything they teach you in science class.
So maybe that's why I include intestines when I say "Everything about her is cute".

I think of everything visually. And I didn't know there were other ways of living the world than in this way until I saw my friend studying everything textually.

How do you even think textually? How can it work?

Visualisation vs Textualisation aside, what about morals?
Because I 'see things as it is physically', there's no good and evil for me. Just what I like and what I don't like, what another person likes and what they don't like.
There's no 'righteous' punishment when a person executes a rapist. Only the prevention of an act that the majority dislikes.

How do you see the world? Do you believe in good and evil? What rules do you live by, other than logic?

// I was initially going to ask about Cannibalistic desires, but I got derailed.. a lot.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
I see the world through my eyes.

Derailed before I even got a chance to derail it. Lovely.

What is the point of the question? What are you referring to?

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
That's interesting, I'm glad you began to explain that, I wouldnt go around saying you'd kiss your dog's intestines that sounds very, very off.

As for seeing the world for structure and how it's built? I do to an extent, especially after learning what I do in anatomy and physiology and biology. One time after class I would study the droplets in the shower, kind of amazed how it maintained it's stucture because of surface tension. Or the very thin film of a bubble. Other than that, though. I can turn this on and off, thing about things from the surface. I've seen all the internal structure of a cat, I've dissected one, I know what they look like. However, I still see my cat as cute fluffs like they are on the outside, unless I intentionally delve into how theyre structured so amazingly that they can make leaps and strides beyond that of a dog or human.

Anyways, for me, and how I see the world? I know I see it as an amazing place, full of life and wonder and beauty. There are amazing people who do altruistic good, and are fighting in a tense, struggling civilization to make things better. A lot of people see the world as awful, terrible, out to end. Misanthropic people who only see the wars, the evil, the destruction, the despair. In fact, I learned recently that the world was only at peace for 8% of human history. So what is the "reality" of the world, then? More bad then good? Maybe...those small instances of hope, light, happiness, bravery need to outshine the others, and make things better. I think there's a lot of things that are too amazing and wonderful, I think if we truly want to be happy we can put away our hatred and fear and just....live better.

On the topic of rapists/serial killers/whatever being murdered? I font think torture or murder is necessarily righteous act of justice per se, (Specifically not torture, people who want to enact torturous acts on someone who has done misdeeds are trying to exact revenge, and they become the monster they despise). but as you said if these people are likely to continue committing heinous acts upon others, it is a fair to spare those other victims who have a potential for a future. At the same time though, I've changed that merit over time. Seeing as the intentional death of a person isnt something to take lightly. There's a lot of time and effort to put into execution, and the cost outweighs it in the long run. In the end, incarceration serves its purpose. Even though harboring people in jail is still it's own battle, but it is moral to keep individuals alive so they find a way to live.

...I dont even know where youre going on the cannibalism thing and Im a little worried about you because of that :/

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Oh look it's a cup made out of cup materials
That's a doggo. Doggos are adorable
This computer is the essence of life. It's made out of magic

It's nice when you can just look at everything with simplicity

Shane McNair

Ace Pilot
So basically, this boils down to being a question about how one perceives reality.

I was expecting it to be more of a question about my opinion of the state of the world with regards to the human condition. In that case, I see the world more and more as a terribly screwed up, frightening, and disappointing place, and as my understanding of it develops, in the back of my mind, I become more and more terrified of living in it.

What the hell am I even doing here?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 82554

As one crazy, beautiful, ugly, and often meaningless rollercoaster. And I say meaningless because what most of us do and leave behind has very little impact on how in will affect the rest of the world. I'm not a complete nihilist.

By the way, I farted. Maybe that means something.

MsRavage

peek-a-boo!!! I see you!
I think there is no preset path to life, and that nothing happens for a reason. Life is a compilation of random events that one can choose to take meaning from or not...i think we are all born with a clean slate and that, despite how badly some people want to believe it...there is no person born that is destined to be a bad or horrible excuse for a human being. I think that for every beautiful thing life can offer, it also offers up something truly horrible...because only through horrible tragedies can the good be observed and also...i think its a constant state of equilibrium.
When i go outside and i think of the world, id like to think i see it for what it is...a place where murders and child rapists and sick sick people reside....as well as good people, wonderful beings...Being an ENTJ i am extremely hard set to seeing the world as black and white...but it really isn't...its grey and right there in the middle.
Life is both a gift and a curse. BAM. Put that on a post card, sell it to millions.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Do you take medication? -And no, that's not a joke.
i actually had a similar conversation with my parents about how i perceive the world and how it changes depending on setting, time, place, comfort level, etc. Music and sounds affect me differently than how most people might describe it. Certain smells alone can change the "flavor" of how i perceive the world around me. Every person, place and thing has a "flavor" (unrelated to actual taste buds). All my life i've grown up with a severe case of ADD and mental tunnel-vision. i was never treated for it as a kid and so my grades in school and relationships suffered. We didn't know what was wrong with me and my parents and teachers just assumed i was a lazy piece of shit. Medication wasn't widely used in my household when i was a kid. My family just didn't do prescriptions or whatever. i never liked taking pills even for a headache. But now as an adult, i've been experimenting with different drugs (for medical reasons) and we've discovered that some of them have side-effects and dual uses. One of the muscle-relaxer prescribed to me for back spasms is also prescribed for anxiety and ADHD. Turns out i accidentally discovered what it's like to focus! i feel like i've been gimped my whole life now that i have more control over my thoughts and attention. Hyper-focused brain-storming, contemplating how other people see, think, feel, perceive colors, dissecting the world down to all the systems going on. it feels like i've discovered a gear in my brain yet unused.

So yeah. i know EXACTLY what you're getting at.

WolfNightV4X1

Life is both a gift and a curse. BAM. Put that on a post card, sell it to millions.

Just as good as my "You survived another year!" Birthday card with a smiling Grim Reaper saying 'Congratulations, you're not on my list'.

Do not steallllllll

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Not sure I have a very philosophical outlook on life. In general though, I'm often struck by the transience of events on a world which is itself incomprehensibly antique; it's a pretty big dichotomy really.

Sivath

ㅇㅅㅇ
Do you take medication? -And no, that's not a joke.
i actually had a similar conversation with my parents about how i perceive the world and how it changes depending on setting, time, place, comfort level, etc. Music and sounds affect me differently than how most people might describe it. Certain smells alone can change the "flavor" of how i perceive the world around me. Every person, place and thing has a "flavor" (unrelated to actual taste buds). All my life i've grown up with a severe case of ADD and mental tunnel-vision. i was never treated for it as a kid and so my grades in school and relationships suffered. We didn't know what was wrong with me and my parents and teachers just assumed i was a lazy piece of shit. Medication wasn't widely used in my household when i was a kid. My family just didn't do prescriptions or whatever. i never liked taking pills even for a headache. But now as an adult, i've been experimenting with different drugs (for medical reasons) and we've discovered that some of them have side-effects and dual uses. One of the muscle-relaxer prescribed to me for back spasms is also prescribed for anxiety and ADHD. Turns out i accidentally discovered what it's like to focus! i feel like i've been gimped my whole life now that i have more control over my thoughts and attention. Hyper-focused brain-storming, contemplating how other people see, think, feel, perceive colors, dissecting the world down to all the systems going on. it feels like i've discovered a gear in my brain yet unused.

So yeah. i know EXACTLY what you're getting at.

No, I don't take meds. The therapist told me to when I was suffering from anxiety and depression, but I just couldn't handle the thought of medication affecting my brain. Though I knew that at that time my hormones and such were already damaging my thoughts.

Sivath

ㅇㅅㅇ
That's interesting, I'm glad you began to explain that, I wouldnt go around saying you'd kiss your dog's intestines that sounds very, very off.

As for seeing the world for structure and how it's built? I do to an extent, especially after learning what I do in anatomy and physiology and biology. One time after class I would study the droplets in the shower, kind of amazed how it maintained it's stucture because of surface tension. Or the very thin film of a bubble. Other than that, though. I can turn this on and off, thing about things from the surface. I've seen all the internal structure of a cat, I've dissected one, I know what they look like. However, I still see my cat as cute fluffs like they are on the outside, unless I intentionally delve into how theyre structured so amazingly that they can make leaps and strides beyond that of a dog or human.

Anyways, for me, and how I see the world? I know I see it as an amazing place, full of life and wonder and beauty. There are amazing people who do altruistic good, and are fighting in a tense, struggling civilization to make things better. A lot of people see the world as awful, terrible, out to end. Misanthropic people who only see the wars, the evil, the destruction, the despair. In fact, I learned recently that the world was only at peace for 8% of human history. So what is the "reality" of the world, then? More bad then good? Maybe...those small instances of hope, light, happiness, bravery need to outshine the others, and make things better. I think there's a lot of things that are too amazing and wonderful, I think if we truly want to be happy we can put away our hatred and fear and just....live better.

On the topic of rapists/serial killers/whatever being murdered? I font think torture or murder is necessarily righteous act of justice per se, (Specifically not torture, people who want to enact torturous acts on someone who has done misdeeds are trying to exact revenge, and they become the monster they despise). but as you said if these people are likely to continue committing heinous acts upon others, it is a fair to spare those other victims who have a potential for a future. At the same time though, I've changed that merit over time. Seeing as the intentional death of a person isnt something to take lightly. There's a lot of time and effort to put into execution, and the cost outweighs it in the long run. In the end, incarceration serves its purpose. Even though harboring people in jail is still it's own battle, but it is moral to keep individuals alive so they find a way to live.

...I dont even know where youre going on the cannibalism thing and Im a little worried about you because of that :/

I wish I could turn it off sometimes, too.
And the cannibalism thing..? Um.. It's nothing serious, I'm not going to actually eat humans. ^^;

WolfNightV4X1

I wish I could turn it off sometimes, too.
And the cannibalism thing..? Um.. It's nothing serious, I'm not going to actually eat humans. ^^;

Fair enough, dont wanna pick on you or anything that just sounded quite suspicious :v

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Like, time stops, and there's a weird negative filter, and a strong urge to drop the road roller on somebody...

Nixonia

Hi! I'm irritating!
I can view the world in the molecular sense, so I hear where you're coming from. For me, it's mostly when I don't understand something. I start at the bottom and build up with what I know to the component level, and then further if needed, zooming in and out. Logical processes follow logical reasoning, and so on.

As for morality? I don't see black or white. I only see shades of grey. And more and more lately, only shades of gray that directly affect me. Having a sense of right and wrong for anything beyond ones person is trouble, in my mind. It's how wars are started. The "Bad guy" is his own stories hero. Now, I do respect the right and wrong of others, but only because that's the "right" thing for me. If given an alignment, my friends have always said I'd be Chaotic Neutral. It sounds selfish, and I'll admit it kind of is. But, live and let live. If someone wants to kill someone else, let them fight it out. Does it affect me now or in the future? If it does, my problem too. I'll join in. If it doesn't, weeeell....you might be on your own, buddy. I've been called, and have taken to calling myself a terrible person because of this (jokingly). Now, keep in mind, this is for things that directly affect me. I am also deeply protective of friends (directly affects me). So, that's my messed up view on morality and things. XDDD

Sivath

ㅇㅅㅇ
. I've been called, and have taken to calling myself a terrible person because of this (jokingly). Now, keep in mind, this is for things that directly affect me. I am also deeply protective of friends (directly affects me). So, that's my messed up view on morality and things. XDDD
It's not messed up! Well, if it is, I'm messed up too.
Everyone's selfish, and that's the only way it can be, since we are all trapped inside our own selves, and see only through our individual perspectives.
Even when you act out of empathy, that is for yourself.
It doesn't mean you're evil, just because your empathy doesn't extend towards everyone. That's just how some people are.
But you already know this, don't you? Just have to nod and say 'Yes, I'm evil', not to trigger the temperamental crowd.