• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

how fleshed out is your furry world?

So in my clothing thread I talked about my furry world and the clothing aspect of it. well some of you responded that you didn't have a furry world. I was wondering how fleshed out your guys's worlds were and if you guys would like to talk about other aspects of your worlds in other threads? like how chairs work in your worlds? or can claws be used instead of forks and knives? I don't want to discuss these topics here but am curious as to weather you guys would want to talk about them in other threads or if you have fleshed out your world enough to have such things?

Thanks

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Well, I've thought deeply into a few things, such as transport/portal terminals in each region, and the general politics, and tacked on an explanation for magic using some principles of physics. And used evolution/adaptation to explain dragons smoke-breathing (and lack of fire-breathing in my world), and werewolves/neo-wolves aggressiveness on a full moon. Some lore here and there too.

I guess I've thought about it a little.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
While I said before I don't have my own, my avatar is what I use to represent myself in the furry fandom (as I've said before), and her world has about 7 years worth of lore, culture, etc written for it. Anywhere from what species of creature exist in her world to what kinds of books and television people in it read to what the currency looks like and how its carried is all explained.
As for how chairs work, while not exactly chairs (as characters just sit in normal chairs like normal, I can say this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSihhxGK8oU

Last edited:

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Yeah, I thought that was unusual, when you said 'furry world', I assumed you meant what I idealize furries as like in a universe of one, or how I imagine them to be and what their lifestyle is. Even though I don't technically have an exact 'world' fleshed out.

Anyways. I can go a lot of ways with furs. I like four fingers, digitigrade, pawpads on fingerpads and palms. They wear clothes, but it isn't odd in my mind for them to be 'naked'

That's my preference, but I also imagine furs could have hair, plantigrade feet, shoes, five-fingered etc.

In order for a furry world to work, I would think carnivores would be the top species; Canines, felines, mustelines, birds of prey, etc. While animals like mice, birds, deer, etc. are the prey animals. So in this world the furries would eat veggies and meat freely like in our world...without it being some weird cannibalism.

I imagine furries would have the same abilities as normal animals; as in, they can fly if they're birds, they can run fast, unhinge their jaw if they're snakes, poison, claw/scratch, etc.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Wat?
Im a furry, not a fleshy. Fur is my world.
Whats going on here, I'm confused.

Last edited:

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
More than one year in the making and it is being quite fleshed out. Then again, I mostly focused my efforts on one town in this island of 7 cities, so I've still got quite a few things to figure out (especially since I intend to visit 4 of them in the first two stories). And that's not even counting the 4 or 5 other countries I've made up on the fly that need expanding... This is going to be a long process I guess...

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
My world isn't really a place anyone wants to live. Barren landscapes, dotted with huge dark spires. Cloaked under an eternal night, savage beasts roam. To the east is an inky ocean, home to sea-dwelling monsters, where many have dared go sail, never to be seen again. A mountain looms in the west, where a winged creature watches and takes out anything that goes too high. Bands of survivors walk the land- some fully human, some with varying levels of animalistic deformity.

I have no idea when I would need this setting, but I have it.

Armored Chocobo

Let's Playing Avian
It's this thing I call "Real World"

No humanoid animals in it. Lots of humans, regrettably.

Luckily the internet leaves everyone both very gullible and very snarky so they go "lol you're a chocobo? yeah right."

Perfect cover, it's great! I get to make videos on Youtube, and no monkeys have me chained up in a lab somewhere sticking things where they don't belong!

Hikaru Okami

Radiant Wolf
I don't even know the setting of my world. Is it futuristic, modern, the old times when tumbleweed ruled the streets? I'm more concerned with characters than how the world works. I don't even know how fish and fish furries(?) co-exist.

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
I've thought pretty into it, but there aren't many concrete ideas yet.

So far I have the main species down, slaves and what they are, why the are etc, the fleet, the currency, the technology, the ranking, the relationship between them and humans, and maybe a few other things.

I'll need to sit down and think a lot more before I can call it complete. IF I can call it complete.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
My world isn't really a place anyone wants to live. Barren landscapes, dotted with huge dark spires. Cloaked under an eternal night, savage beasts roam. To the east is an inky ocean, home to sea-dwelling monsters, where many have dared go sail, never to be seen again. A mountain looms in the west, where a winged creature watches and takes out anything that goes too high. Bands of survivors walk the land- some fully human, some with varying levels of animalistic deformity.

I have no idea when I would need this setting, but I have it.

So it's basically New Jersey?

Artex.

eep.
My world is currently just some vague ideas in my mind, but I would really love to build something. It'd be fun to depict different aspects, features, and customs of my world. One of these days I'll get to it...

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Not being a furry, I don't have a "furry world". However, as a writer, I have quite a few worlds fleshed out to one degree or another for my alien/fantasy critters to live, work, travel and play in. Just yesterday, I found myself thinking out the details of my "persona" Roose's culture and how it developed. And how their past civilization affected their present civilization, given their species in in what you could term its "Second Rise". In other words, the 'Twill of today were built on the ruins of the 'Twill of yesterday, a civilization that collapsed once and then rose again to its present form. All because I was struck by a sudden realization I'd unconsciously used my knowledge of Anthropology to make all the pieces I'd come up with fit into a believable whole. Funny how that can happen, given how long ago I created Roose.

The world I'm building for my comic is just a version of the original Roman monarchy (pre-republic) populated by talking wolves and horses, so it's kind of cheating.

I hadn't thought about how chairs work until just now. I'm trying to push the slider pretty far towards "feral," but with bipedalism and clothing. Paws with "thumbs" rather than hands, almost entirely animal legs, that sort of thing. I just find that more appealing than the more human-ish art. I'm not entirely decided on "headfur" yet; I'm still trying things out before I start drawing canon comics. I have a huge big overarching narrative that I want to do right, so I think I'll keep futzing about until I'm mostly content with the character designs.

I could just have characters sit on the floor-- easier to draw, no?

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
My world is currently just some vague ideas in my mind, but I would really love to build something. It'd be fun to depict different aspects, features, and customs of my world. One of these days I'll get to it...

You saying build something makes me want to build a map of my furry world on Minecraft.

Now I really want to get some lore going. XD

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I wrote a novel with animal people that talk, but I didn't feel the need to go into things like chairs. Seems really unneeded when there are bigger plot points to worry about.

S

Sar

Literally just make it up as I go along. So think of our current world. You got the world I think up.

Just like our current world?

I don't think I've ever read a book that mentioned the tiny flaming sky-wyrms that follow us around. I wish they'd shut up.

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
I just made a notebook with my world, to take notes and keep track of things about it.

I already had an idea for seasons too, like ours, but a little special. Winter, spring, summer, fall, and Dead Season. This is a short one month period after fall, where the planet orbits closely to the second star of a binary system. The trees are bare, the ground is like fall too, but it feels like summer. Winter comes after Dead Season.

Aulendra

It depends on the character. The one with the most developed one is Aulendra (western dragon anthro). She lives in a world where dragon colors are based on royalty and stuff, sort of like Dragonriders of Pern meets DnD dragons. Most of the others either have no defined world or exist to RP in worlds already designed by someone else, usually medieval/high fantasy RP.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
With my characters, Nism especially, I designed them to be flexible, able to adapt to both sci-fi and fantasy in equal measure. So I could play them wherever I felt they'd fit, roleplay-wise.