• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How furry are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlaxis

well, i just registered, not much of an artist (yet) and i kinda want to know were i stand with the rest of the people here of how 'in-depth' some of you guys are. the whole furry thing is kinda new to me, but ive seen everything from people who just like the artwork to people that express themselves almost solely as an animal. dont post anything judgemental, and i sure as hell wont be, just kinda want to get my bearings.

myself, ive got an obsesion with werewolf type art, which drew me into other furry art, and while the whole rp aspect sounds interesting, i havnt looked into it all to much yet.

wut

I just like the art. The fandom and all the related junk? Not worth the hassle.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Only an InTarWeb furr, otherwise mostly anything I do is considered crazy :p

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
I'm a furry. Both IRL and on the interwebz. I don't go as far as most people do, but I'd don a fursuit for fun and I love to draw it and whatnot. Believing I am a wolf/malamute though? No, not really.

It's all about fun to me.

Moon-Baby

Transitional Lifeform
for me, furry is all about being like an animal, its not just one type of thing, like just fursuit, or the art, or any of that.
that said, I would say I'm furry a lot.
I love to draw and look at the art, I'd 'suit if i had one and a place to do it, I act like an animal just naturally a lot.

...and i am quite "furry" as well...my legs make me look like a fecking yeti...and my beard makes me look Amish...>_>

Fox Amoore

2 inch micro Pianist
I love the art, music and the general creativity furries seem to have. I'll go to conventions one day, though I'm not into creating fur suits (at least not yet.)

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
silverwolfe said:
I'm a furry. Both IRL and on the interwebz. I don't go as far as most people do, but I'd don a fursuit for fun and I love to draw it and whatnot. Believing I am a wolf/malamute though? No, not really.

It's all about fun to me.
Hell, that's something I'd do just for the hell of it, furry or not.

spree

None at all. Even though I have little or no choice of being labled as one. My ideas are just things I do. Expression is best shown in things that are not obvious.

robomilk

fruit bat at large
i'm into the art. i may to to a convention if there was one near where i lived (which there isn't) and i don't mind telling people i'm a furry. it mostly web but some RL.

Charha

I like to draw anthropomorphic creatures, but I don't think it's a big deal. I'm not personally excited about fursuits or fursonas - not that I have anything against them either. Also, I've come to notice that I'm not spiritually connected to any animals... Not even to houseplants. My reason for joining FA was that here I can, if I want, post mature art depicting both humans and anthros. Elsewhere it's a no-no.

I'm a tolerant person. To me fur fandom seems like a fun hobby. I don't mind mingling with furry people. :)

I think I am pretty furry. On certain sites and when chatting with certain people, I pretty much stay in character 95% of the time. I also find myself getting into character IRL quite often when hanging out with my best friend (who is also a furry). One day, I do plan to attend a con, and I would like to have a suit (I believe it would help me really bring out my character, and probably give me the confidence I lack in real life).

Metalstorm

RE: How furry are you...?

I only gaze at the peectures every now and then. I usually have to be dragged into anything else with the furry stuff.

Jirris

I draw it a lot, a lot of the artists I like draw it, a goodly sized chunk of my friends are also in the fandom, I've done at least 2 furcons a year for the last few years, and I've seriously considered getting a fursuit.

You tell me.

Charha

RE:   How furry are you?

Ziba the lioness said:
Charha said:
To me fur fandom seems like a fun hobby.

Its not a hobby but a culture/lifestyle. Sowing or drawing however is a hobby.

I think it depends on how you look at it. For example, I'm into playing RPGs. To some people it's just a hobby, but I like roleplaying so much I craft my own padded swords and armor, go to renaissance faires, take part in LARP games and constantly mingle with people who like fantasy and RP. To me it's a lifestyle and I eagerly take part in RP communities.

I was speaking of how I see fur fandom. To me it seems like something I could occasionally take part in as a hobby, just like some people might occasionally enjoy a game of HeroQuest without actually getting involved in the RP gamer culture.

emptyF

where my frogs at?
i consider myself an emerging furry. it's like there's a furry crawling out of my chest. . .in my heart it is what i am and i've just got to learn to accept it. i haven't been to a con yet and frankly i'm a little scared, but i want to go just to see what all the fuss is about. and irl i'm bald. which is okay since i'm a frog. . .

nikuramon

a better question would be, "how yiffy are you?" To which, I'd respond, "unbelieveably." ;)

anyway, I'd like to try a furpile sometime, but I've never worn a fursuit, gone to a con, nor can I draw anthros yet.
So I'd say I'm furry-lite.

Whirlaxis

yiff is great to read imo, but id probably never do it with someone else personally

also fursuits r a definite NO for me (i like to rp, but it just doesnt appeal to me)

furcons: maybe, but not anytime soon

i like to draw, love to write (working on a series now) and think FA is a fun community to hang out with (which is pretty much why i joined to begin with =P)

nikuramon

RE:  How furry are you?

Whirlaxis said:
yiff is great to read imo, but id probably never do it with someone else personally

also fursuits r a definite NO for me (i like to rp, but it just doesnt appeal to me)

furcons: maybe, but not anytime soon

i like to draw, love to write (working on a series now) and think FA is a fun community to hang out with (which is pretty much why i joined to begin with =P)
well, I like to RP yiff, I haven't tried it offline

Malkavia

I certainly don't THINK I'm a fox but...

Furry-wise I'm waaay in there. I never even draw people...I express myself as my fursona, and in 3 different characters as well. I have a bazillion dragon and other anthro/quad animals that I rp and use as characters...

Needless to say I can't get into anything human at all so I'm a lot furry =D I haven't made a proper fur outfit (costume purposes, not the kinky kind x3 )..only a Kimba the White Lion outfit for a convention, I kinda messed up but it looked cute ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.