• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How furry are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Wolfie said:
Arshes Nei said:
I am not a "con carnie" where I have nothing better to do but attend every furry con in existence (I seriously don't get that, sorry if that offends, but I feel the same way about ANY fan oriented con, not just furry). I just don't get either when these people complain they're broke when they attend so many cons, one would think the travel expenses would be a consideration on their budget.

I never got this either. But it seems to be a trend with alot of people. ALWAYS complaining that they have no money, yet they're just blowing it left and right going to one con after another. ^^;

Lack of priorities.

Now don't get me wrong, it's fun to meet up with people that have similar interests but con life != real life, the reason you might get jaded with the people around you in current situations is because you're dealing with them constantly.

Some people are jerks at first meet, some people turn into them the longer you actually hang out with them. So I can't consider a meet up a total determining factor, though it does help give you a better judge of other people's characters.

i want to go to a con but can't cuz i lack money. and no it's not cuz i keep going to cons either, but rather i have bills upon bills to pay all the damn time. which most people do, tis just that i have never been to one and on top of that their really aren't that many furries around pensacola where i live....atleast not any girls. i know girl furries are outnumbered by guys but still it would be nice to atleast meet one or two. hence i would like to go to atleast one con (haven't been to any yet) so that i might get the chance to meet many more furries than the ones i already know. i know most furries in this area through association only and most are guys who are generally gay. not that i care but still, a staight or atleast bi girl furry would be welcome change thas for sure.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
i wouldnt mind going to a con to meet some furries either but i have no time or money for it. i have not met a single furry in my area (northwest ohio) and for good reason. there are a lot of jerks around here that will harrass you for anything. for christs sake, ive been harrassed for drawing dragons by many people because, quote "dragons are stupid and worthless fake creatures and anyone that likes them is worthless and should be killed" end quote (yes, someone actually said that to me!)so i dont dare to tell anyone i enjoy furry art :(

thelonelydragon

Wheeeeee!
i wouldnt mind going to a con to meet some furries either but i have no time or money for it.
Same here, but money would be a bigger issue since I live way, way away from any con I know.

ive been harrassed for drawing dragons by many people because, quote "dragons are stupid and worthless fake creatures and anyone that likes them is worthless and should be killed" end quote (yes, someone actually said that to me!)so i dont dare to tell anyone i enjoy furry art :(
Man, that sucks. I feel the same way. I don't tell anyone about my furry enjoyment here because I don't know how they'll react to me after that.

Silverdragon00 said:
blackdragoon said:
i know how you feel man.

thanks. its nice to know there are people like you out there :)

we are many, just few and far between. maybe you should move someplace a little less hostile towards furries. like down here for example. we need more furries in florida anyway. heh if i can just get my dad to like furies we may have a chance. my dad is pretty loaded as far as most people are concerned (legally millionare on paper, assets = over million dollars) he runs a skatepark/bowling alley (where tony hawk did part of his giant skatepark tour) as well as the fact that he is a vice president of his company (respiratory therapist) and also, and this is the most important part, he used to be the manager for the pensacola ice pilots hockey team. so he has plenty of connections at the pensacola civic center. if i can just get him into the fandom i might be able to convince him to pull some strings and get a con going down here. this would take time ofcourse, but still a con would bring more furries in and thus the fandom would grow. and as a furry who wants to make the fandom as big as possible then i see it as my duty to atleast try. atleast my dad already likes anthro art....

so how furry am i??
VERY FURRY!!

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
i cant move right now, but mark my words someday i will
(planning to move south anyways because i love muscle cars, but cant drive them all year long because the salt on the roads thry put up here causes shitloads of rust on old cars)

as for how furry i am, i shall quote from earlier:

"as for lifestyle and habits i tend to creep people out with my high inteligence,great sense of smell,taste and hearing, amazing sight in the dark, love of meat, tendencies to growl or hiss when im pissed, and i also feel a very strong connection to dragons"

and thats on top of enjoying furry art!
so i am also very furry (well, scaley, to be specific :p )

EDIT: there are actually more habits than that that make me "scaley", but im to frickin tired to think of and type the rest. maybe later...

Whirlaxis

RE:  How furry are you?

blackdragoon said:
Silverdragon00 said:
blackdragoon said:
i know how you feel man.

thanks. its nice to know there are people like you out there :)

we are many, just few and far between. maybe you should move someplace a little less hostile towards furries. like down here for example. we need more furries in florida anyway. heh if i can just get my dad to like furies we may have a chance. my dad is pretty loaded as far as most people are concerned (legally millionare on paper, assets = over million dollars) he runs a skatepark/bowling alley (where tony hawk did part of his giant skatepark tour) as well as the fact that he is a vice president of his company (respiratory therapist) and also, and this is the most important part, he used to be the manager for the pensacola ice pilots hockey team. so he has plenty of connections at the pensacola civic center. if i can just get him into the fandom i might be able to convince him to pull some strings and get a con going down here. this would take time ofcourse, but still a con would bring more furries in and thus the fandom would grow. and as a furry who wants to make the fandom as big as possible then i see it as my duty to atleast try. atleast my dad already likes anthro art....

so how furry am i??
VERY FURRY!!

so your loaded?

...did i ever tell you that you are my best friend?

InvaderPichu

this is my raep face
Bane said:
I only started to join furries sites like last month. I really don't know how much I am.

Pretty soon you'll start to wonder if you should be a part of this fandom or not. :lol:

Anyway, I consider myself a furry sorta. I love the art, and it's nice to meet people of like interest. But you'll never find me in a fursuit. Ears at the most. I've never been to a fur con. Would like to go sometime. No car and no money, though.

no whirlaxis i'm not loaded my dad is. and he ain't to easy to get money from. but i do have a master plan in the works to get what i want from him. you'll see, YOU'LL ALL SEE!! in a few years, as this process takes a while, i'll get one up and running. i already have begun to gather as many gulf coast furries as i can find for a little group outing of about 40-45 people. not much i know but enough to get my plan a kick start in the right direction. if we all pitch in and i get my dad to help we might get a smaller shindig going at my dad's skatepark/bowling alley. which could help lay the groundworks for a bigger convention of sorts at the civic center. with a little luck ofcourse.

Kyrre

Silver, I have to say, it's kind of a shame that you've run into such discouraging people up there. In southwestern Ohio, there's quite a lot of people that think furries are awesome. Especially the dragons.

At least, that's how it is with the people I run into, which happens to be a lot.

Granted, people know not to diss dragons in front of me, because my claws will come out. My very best friend is a dragon, and there's no secret about that. Hell, his own mom address him as "Dragon". He's not a furry though, just a dragon.

Hyenaworks

Oh Derpy! That's not a letter
Just a furry.

InvaderPichu said:
It'd be nice to have a fur con in P-cola. I only live a few miles away from it. :B

oh rly? then where are you? me and a few other furries over here have been thinking about setting up a meeting for all the local furries. if your not that far away then whenever we decide where to do it you could join in. a con is dificult to do but take it one step at a time and get as large a gathering as possible and who knows where that will lead....

FenixFox

Wolfie said:
Always with the stereotypical thinking. :wink:
I prefer the term 'make use of an old adage for comedic purposes' :lol:

The Sonic God said:
I'd rather it be raining cats and dogs.. we need it here.

What part of this little drip are you from?

BTW, I learned about Fur Affinity through my ex-girlfriend sadly enough, but when I met the owner at SNCFurs, I was quite surprised. ^^

Agreed with the rain: we're dying. But aren't we all getting off topic :wink:
I'll take responsibility for derailing this train XD

Back on track: You actually reminded me of something. Around campus there was a girl who wore a cat-ear headband. I would learn later on that this was to become one of my friends - involved story, I'll spare the useless details for now. But she got those ears at an anime convention and it sparked some looks, obviously.

But I wonder how many people have migrated towards the furry fandom from anime sources vs. others?
I'm one who's in the 'other' category. Back when I was a wee tyke and my dad had a computer with the internet (back before the internet really became mainstream) I didn't know what to do with it, so I searched for werewolf stuff (werewolves being my favorite horror-movie monster and stuff). It didn't take too long for me to find anthro art and immediately I thought: "This is cool!" That was about eleven years ago. :p
But I have a friend I met in college who has been into anime since he was little, me not really starting UNTIL I got settled into college. I fleetingly remarked about going to AC and he was extremely interested in it - which surprised me. But now looking back on it I reiterate my question above - how many of you can trace your anthro/furry interests from anime influences .... or not?

InvaderPichu

this is my raep face
blackdragoon said:
oh rly? then where are you? me and a few other furries over here have been thinking about setting up a meeting for all the local furries. if your not that far away then whenever we decide where to do it you could join in. a con is dificult to do but take it one step at a time and get as large a gathering as possible and who knows where that will lead....

Milton. :D The little pokey town outside of Pensacola.

Now I actually have to convince my brother that it's sicker to smoke pot than it is to be a furry. He still doesn't get it after... oh, I dunno... 12 years?

The only problem with furriness is that it's really hard to try to explain it to someone.

Whirlaxis

actually jenix, i got into kinda like you did, with googleing werewolf pics and and art. that brought me to a furaffinity pic and i said to myself "look, they even have forums i can troll, err, join!

then i started writing, feeling i should be somewhat active on the site besides filling it up with ytmnds and slightly humorous comments, and thus my gallery (with like 4 total views) was born =D

hazmatt

I'm new around here and this is my first post, but I'll give it a shot

I'm an EE student so I don't have much free time and much less artistic ability, but I'm teaching myself to draw and hope to add some art someday. I like erotic furry art and draw erotic furry art. I have an udder fetish and I love naughty bits. I dunno if what I like is too graphic for this site, but I like realistic and graphic erotic furry art.

I don't get to go to cons because I'm here in Ca. and cons are an eastern event. I'd like to go but I really don't like to travel and its all way out of my budget.

I used to hang out on CYOC a lot but times have changed and graduation is nearing, so I don't get a lot of 'me' time anymore. I hope to contribute after some of my EE projects are finished and things settle down a bit.

rowanwand

I like to write stories about anthro characters, and I adore drawing them, and there is nothing I love more than wearing my fox tail around campus.

Other than that though...I'd adore making a fursuit if I had the materials, but I don't see myself as being an animal. Although I find it entertaining to go around telling people that I'm friends with a kangaroo.

And I do find furries slightly attractive, but I think that comes from the subconscious thought that they represent a freedom that we humans don't have. They can walk around in public wearing nothing but fur, and we can't. And who doesn't like to hug something soft and fluffy?

hmm...well truth be told I am new to most of theis furry business...I do enjoy the art and am addicted to several anthro comics on the web...I lack the skill and realy the time to make a costume or draw...but I do wish I could and am considering working on the artistic side of things...

Cym

not massively so.

I like costuming, but only when with others, I draw anthro art, and thats about it. Haven't been to any cons yet, but would quite like to.

Status
Not open for further replies.