• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How long are you willing to wait for a commission to be done?

Is there anyone out there that can help me deal with the artist??? Like reach out to them or something.
If you aren't sure where they are, how are we going to know? We're furries on the internet, not the FBI. I wish I could be more help. ;~;

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
I am generally patient when it comes to art, especially if I want something more detailed, but (IMO) four years is ridiculous.

Some artists are doing it for a living, some are doing it as a side job, but either way they owe it to their customers to keep them updated on the progress and estimated completion. That includes delays.

If you paid for a good or service and it was not delivered, they have taken your money. They owe you the art you paid for, or they owe you a refund.

Sven Solitude

I pretty sure I can't get a refund and I don't know where the artist is at the point. I don't want to let this go.
But he has a profile, right? He's just "gone", right?
I probably would go to all his profiles, wherever I find him, even look him up with a search engine. And then leave friendly messages on his profiles. "The artist here makes really amazing art, I'm waiting for 4 years already, he must be really dedicated!" Or something like this. If he tricked other people as well, which is very likely at this point, they will certainly watch his pages and probably react to what you say. Definitely be friendly and honest about everything, you did nothing wrong.

Imagine being that artist. It would be in his interest that the people he tricked stay quiet. It is not in his interest that the world knows what he is doing.

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
But he has a profile, right? He's just "gone", right?
I probably would go to all his profiles, wherever I find him, even look him up with a search engine. And then leave friendly messages on his profiles. "The artist here makes really amazing art, I'm waiting for 4 years already, he must be really dedicated!" Or something like this. If he tricked other people as well, which is very likely at this point, they will certainly watch his pages and probably react to what you say. Definitely be friendly and honest about everything, you did nothing wrong.

Imagine being that artist. It would be in his interest that the people he tricked stay quiet. It is not in his interest that the world knows what he is doing.
Do you have any way of contacting them directly? Were they on FA or another site where you can follow up with them?

Are they posting and more up to date art in the past weeks/months/years or is the profile simply abandoned? You can do what you can to search them out, but it kind of sounds like whoever they are just took the money and doesn't intend to produce the art.

The only reason you might consider writing a "beware" of them is if they're still taking commissions or advertising themselves but won't respond to your messages or are denying that you ever commissioned them.

Do you have any way of contacting them directly? Were they on FA or another site where you can follow up with them?

Are they posting and more up to date art in the past weeks/months/years or is the profile simply abandoned? You can do what you can to search them out, but it kind of sounds like whoever they are just took the money and doesn't intend to produce the art.

The only reason you might consider writing a "beware" of them is if they're still taking commissions or advertising themselves but won't respond to your messages or are denying that you ever commissioned them.
This is great advice. Just whatever you do, don't call them out here on FAF. The mods will slap you with a strike for that and I don't want that.

Eremurus

seeker of knowledge
To be honest, I don't know what to do. It has been over a year with a least no results or anything. Does anyone want to help me out?

You got robbed. Best thing you can do is warn others of this particular artist. Sorry that happened to you.

berry

♡ Femboy Panda ♡
How ever long it takes, communication and staying in contact consistently is an absolute must.