• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How long does it take for a Traditional Artist to draw perfectly on a Wacom?

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
To all those who think that artists only get better with time, that if you practise and suffer long enough you will become grand, allow me to expose you how "talent" is genetic and most of us are nothing but disposable genetic material:

https://akiane.com/

Hewge

Banana Party
Banned
To all those who think that artists only get better with time, that if you practise and suffer long enough you will become grand, allow me to expose you how "talent" is genetic and most of us are nothing but disposable genetic material:

https://akiane.com/

Of course some talent exists. Definitely not to the extent people make it, though. And if it does, it's just one in a million. Well... a whole lot more than one million, but you get the point.

Also - after looking into more info on this lady, she has a significantly higher number of drawings and paintings than shown on the website you linked(obviously). As in thousands more. Which is understandable, got to pick the ones that make people go "wow!" and all.
Your Website link also seems to have not been updated in a couple years. She's very almost 20 by now.

Most people don't develop such a large sort of passion or dedication towards something until a much later age, which would be a big reason most "people who can draw" are 18+, as they develop their interest a few years before hand, and then gain some experience to the point they're able to actually decide they want to spend their life doing it.

Where as this girl was home schooled and has had absolute fuck loads of time to dedicate to art since she was just a child. And dedicate, she did! I mean, for reals. I can't think of many kids that would want to just draw and write for hours upon hours every single day. She has over a decade of hard-on experience, yo.

Honestly - all I see is a girl who had a high knack for something, developed a passion for it at a very early age, and then dedicated her life to honing it.

This is all a bit off-topic, by the way. I think the OP has gotten her answers already.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
Of course some talent exists. Definitely not to the extent people make it, though. And if it does, it's just one in a million. Well... a whole lot more than one million, but you get the point.

Also - after looking into more info on this lady, she has a significantly higher number of drawings and paintings than shown on the website you linked(obviously). As in thousands more. Which is understandable, got to pick the ones that make people go "wow!" and all.
Your Website link also seems to have not been updated in a couple years. She's very almost 20 by now.

Most people don't develop such a large sort of passion or dedication towards something until a much later age, which would be a big reason most "people who can draw" are 18+, as they develop their interest a few years before hand, and then gain some experience to the point they're able to actually decide they want to spend their life doing it.

Where as this girl was home schooled and has had absolute fuck loads of time to dedicate to art since she was just a child. And dedicate, she did! I mean, for reals. I can't think of many kids that would want to just draw and write for hours upon hours every single day. She has over a decade of hard-on experience, yo.

Honestly - all I see is a girl who had a high knack for something, developed a passion for it at a very early age, and then dedicated her life to honing it.

This is all a bit off-topic, by the way. I think the OP has gotten her answers already.

That does not change the fact that before hitting legal age she did better art than most artists on earth, art that good artists take some years to acchieve. Natural selection should blow us all away into the void, we do not deserve to breathe the same air than the true geniuses.

Hewge

Banana Party
Banned
That does not change the fact that before hitting legal age she did better art than most artists on earth, art that good artists take some years to acchieve. Natural selection should blow us all away into the void, we do not deserve to breathe the same air than the true geniuses.

It seems you have ignored half of, if not all of the point and reasoning behind my post, or totally missed the point all-together.
Sucks to be you, I guess.

Either way; it appears you enjoy creating unnecessary and, to be honest, incredibly pointless and content-less posts with seemingly the only purpose to irk or pull a reaction out of others. With to which I say:

thanks for the stimulation, but I would really prefer to be doing something else. And so; I will.

A

Abbi Normal

Only people with natural talent like Mozart can enjoy art. For the rest of people, it is just a miserable and frustrating process where pain is the only constant. Art is more painful than a chore, art is more like a via crucis, a weight to carry, a pain to endure.

Um...I legitimately and completely enjoy art, multiple fields thereof in fact? So by your logic I must be an amazing Mozart-like natural talent. Thank you, I guess I think? I'm not, but...thanks I guess anyways sort of? I mean, I don't even think I'm that good (and I imagine other people would be swift to agree), but that's doesn't mean I can't do what I love. Not being perfect or the best is not the end of the world. I'm as good as I can be and tomorrow I know I will be better, because I do art because I love it, it makes me happy, I'm proud of what I do. And there's no amount of cynicism from you that can make me less happy about art. And no anyone else either. Do you honestly believe that every single person who ever told you they enjoy drawing was a prodigy? Cause that's an WHOLE LOT of prodigies. If you know what that word means, you should understand the logical inconsistency there.

I repeat: I do art because I love art. Art is great. I love everything about every medium I work in. It makes me happy, or I wouldn't be doing it every day. I'm not even that good, and don't have to be to enjoy my hobbies. It's as simple as that. You can't tell me it doesn't make me happy, I'm pretty sure I know better how I feel about art (and anything else) than you do. Even doing a bad job makes me happy because now I know better for next time. You can't tell me how to experience art, and you can't force me not to be happy while working on my art. You cannot steal away my happiness, I am happy despite you and because of my art and you literally can't stop me.

Why is it so important to you that everybody hate what they love?

Maybe you'd be happier and better at art if you didn't treat picking up a damn pencil like you're opening a vein and bleeding over the page, and it's some life and death situation. It's just pretty pictures dude. Relax, breath, smile, improve little by little day by day. I think you'd be happier in general if you stopped taking every single thing in life and relentlessly grinding it down until you figure out a way it can make you miserable. And then demanding it make everyone else as miserable as it makes you.

Why would you do that?

You can't force people to be miserable with you, much less be miserable about things that make them happy, and I can't wrap my mind around tha kind of thinking that would make that make sense. It doesn't work because everyone else is to busy actually enjoying the things they love, because they love doing them and no other reason. You need to find something you love and enjoy it too, without all this judgement and forced pessimism. For your own mental health, stop this. Just take a deep breath and just smile and have fun for just once.

Geesh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Let's stop baiting the troll.