• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How long have you had your character/fursona?

Dread Husky

Just another nobody...
Yeah, after seeing some of those character development meme's or whatever they're called I felt the need to ask this. How long have you guys had your fursonas (or characters/personas if you prefer) and how the devil do you come up with something you can stick to for that long? :c I still haven't found anything i've liked for more than a week or so.

SirRob

Two years! It's pretty much me, and I've dealt with myself for over 18 years so... I don't see what's so hard with sticking to it!

Heliamphora

i think the original concept came about when i was 15 and became what it is now when i was 17.

5-7 years ago. christ, i feel old.

Akasai

DnB all up in this.
Couple of months. Invented the motherfucker to be a figurehead for my music. I don't relate to it anymore than I would a mascot - however he is fucking awesome, and is a robot.

Hooah.

Nylak

Angry Otter
About 3 years, I guess. Which is when I joined the community.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
About 3 years this fall

Willow's development really did a 180 from when I first thought of him
He was so 2 dimensional at first, but I think I've been able to "bring him to life" so to speak
The personality and physical appearance are what changed the most, and his physical appearance will probably continue to change

Basically, he's just me with a tiny dick

Dread Husky

Just another nobody...
I was a quad-then-anthro husky back when I was 13 or so before I knew what a furry was (I blame bipedal werewolves and old Spunky art, and i'm almost 21), but i've changed so many times over the years I don't really remember most of the others. How did you guys come up with your fursonas/characters? c:

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
The majority of the characters I have today came from adorable doodles from my days as a little eight-year-old, and I'm nineteen now, so I've had them around for about eleven years.

Heliamphora

I was a quad-then-anthro husky back when I was 13 or so before I knew what a furry was (I blame bipedal werewolves and old Spunky art, and i'm almost 21), but i've changed so many times over the years I don't really remember most of the others. How did you guys come up with your fursonas/characters? c:

its so incredibly tangled, i dont honestly remember what the point of origin was. probably just trying to make something that looked cool. since then ive rounded out the scientific/background aspect of the species much more thoroughly so im inclined to say what inspired those aspects, but the honest truth is less about the creation and more about relating it to things i discovered later.

Hellerskull

Nom Nom Nom
I created my demoness fursona over three months ago and I'm still attached to her because she is awesome.

I will probably keep her for few years. xD

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I forgot to mention Ash

I added him late last year, so he's not nearly as old as Willow

He's the manifestation of the darkness is Willow's heart basically, but he's become somewhat his own entity

Alstor

And twice as shiny
Alstor was mine for three months. I offically joined the fandom three months ago. Coincidence?

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
A ferret, huh? For some reason, I feel like that'd suit you.

Would it look like a regular ferret? Or would it be like, green or something?

Normal colors. Like brown or gray. All those weird colored animals just seem like ways to get more attention than the rest. Example: My periwinkle fox is so unique! Theres no others out there like me.