• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How many furries have Autism/ADHD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakinator178

Just a quick rolecall. I'm on the high end of the spectrum myself, and I have a feeling that the two type of "outcasts" that prevail in here are Autism and LGBT. (I am not insinuating that furries only consist of outcasts.)

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
I have ADHD but I don't really think it is that bad of a disorder.

reptile logic

An imposter among aliens.
Hello. These questions have been brought up several times since I signed on. It's safe to say that there are a lot of us who have gravitated toward this site and others. Asperger's; diagnosed later in life. It took a long time, but I've learned enough and trained myself well enough to be considered 'normal' in social situations, more or less.

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
L

Leoni Zheitk

I have no problems with making friends (unless it requires being a jocky dingus)
I have no problem doing physical work
I do have a problem being told to sit down and write something I'll legitimately forget in not even a day... School is a pain...

real time strategist

"What's an airport, again?"
ADHD is not that all bad for me it's just when I forget to take my pills it is always a bad day at school, and if I accidentally take them during the weekend then I usually spend the entire day playing civ 4 (or some other addicting/strategic game) without realizing I have been playing it for 6 hours straight.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Just a quick rolecall. I'm on the high end of the spectrum myself, and I have a feeling that the two type of "outcasts" that prevail in here are Autism and LGBT. (I am not insinuating that furries only consist of outcasts.)
Whoa whoa whoooooooooooooooa my dude

That's a bit of an awkward stance to take towards LGBT as a mental illness my friend.

But to answer your question: numerous studies found that around 68 - 74% of furries were gay.
35% - 42% being gay
33% - 32% being bi
31% - 25% being straight
1% being some made up bullshit

Another survey done here found around 70% or so of users had some form of illness whether it be autism, ADHD, depression or schizophrenia

quoting_mungo

That's a bit of an awkward stance to take towards LGBT as a mental illness my friend.
Not at all how it read to me; more "these are the two most common ways in which furries deviate from the heterosexual, neurotypical norm". Which may or may not be accurate; I don't really care one way or the other personally.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Not at all how it read to me; more "these are the two most common ways in which furries deviate from the heterosexual, neurotypical norm". Which may or may not be accurate; I don't really care one way or the other personally.
Just seemed a bit odd since he had mental problems mixed in with LGBT

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
I used to have ADHD, dunno how active it is anymore but I haven't taken my meds since early high school. Wouldn't be surprised if it's resurfacing tbh.

Badger94

I am the world's forgotten boy
I appreciate my fellow furries openess and honesty about their illnesses. Ive got depression, social anxiety, addiction. I now take meds for all three. All through high school and up until I was 21 I was in and out of rehabs, jail, or I was strung out on multiple drugs. I couldnt cope with life, or even feelings. Ive just recently over the last year been able to learn how to be "normal", or at least a functioning member of society. I like sharing my testimony to those that have or are in similiar situations. Thanks everyfur.

Timber-Dawg

ADHD here. Never been a setback for me. In fact it maybe the thing that set forth my career. I turned "hey look, a squirrel!" , into a career.

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
Frankly I find the definition "disorder" kinda insulting. Makes it sound like having Asperger's is a negative thing or something.

A

Alex K

Doc says I have ADD which is additive detrimentally disorder.
But I don't wanna necessarily relate that to animals

M

modfox

i have autisim and ADHD. its not nice having it but i do wonder what my life would be like with out it

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
as you can tell from the title under my avatar picture, I do indeed. I'm an Aspie with ADHD and Tourrette's :)

Lashzara

Fizzy pringle
I was diagnosed officially with nonthreat dissociative identity disorder in 2013, with spastic alexithymia as a symptom. It comes from missing chromatid 22q.

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate
Somehow at 3 years old I was diagnosed ADD. To this day no one can tell me HOW?!! 3 years are always hyper and shit, not even stupid tv shows can keep their attention. So it resulted in my entire childhood and early teen years of being a medical guinea pig to try all the fun new pills!

I... I don't remember much of life life, even after stopping I suffer from severe memory loss, some days it's overwhelming to realize I can't remember what I even did that morning. I hope I provided good test data on all those stupid fucking pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.