• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How many of you know Ōkami?

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
I expect that you furry and canine lovers alike should be familiar with this amazing masterpiece. It has definitely inspired me to do lots of things, especially made me interested in Japanese culture as a whole. I really wish that Capcom made another game already before it fades away in memory for most. But one thing's for sure, is that it will remain in everybody's heart who has played it. Especially mine.

And if you haven't played it, then PLEASE DO! It is available on all platforms!

My two babies. Roland (My OC) plushie made by Tigermoon.

IMG_1533-min.jpg

Kharne

The Minotaur Mongrel
Yep 100%
This game was my everything when it first came out. I still play it to this game on PC.
I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Parabellum3

Yep 100%
This game was my everything when it first came out. I still play it to this game on PC.
I would highly recommend it to everyone.
I still keep playing it as well from time to time.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
I recall having heard about it back then after it first came out. And seeing some review on TV. It looked memorable enough. But I never had any console, so it was not available for me. And I had no idea it was re-released.

Parabellum3

I recall having heard about it back then after it first came out. And seeing some review on TV. It looked memorable enough. But I never had any console, so it was not available for me. And I had no idea it was re-released.
Well now’s the time to try it out if you haven’t yet!

Stratelier

The better question is ... how many of us remember it back in its original PS2 release? It's pretty iconic now, but back in the day it failed to make a splash compared to other titles on the market.

I remember playing (and beating) it first, months before the Nintendo Wii launched, and feeling that Twilight Princess was a step down in comparison. Wolf Link's unique abilities were limited, and the realistic aesthetic they chose made all the character/creature movements and animations feel stiff and mechanical.

Parabellum3

The better question is ... how many of us remember it back in its original PS2 release? It's pretty iconic now, but back in the day it failed to make a splash compared to other titles on the market.

I remember playing (and beating) it first, months before the Nintendo Wii launched, and feeling that Twilight Princess was a step down in comparison. Wolf Link's unique abilities were limited, and the realistic aesthetic they chose made all the character/creature movements and animations feel stiff and mechanical.
That is because I believe the development time was shorter for LOZ than Ōkami.

Ra'ara Su'nai

The golden-voiced fox
I recently acquired the PS4 remake of this game, but I haven't had the chance to play through very much because of full time work schedule. Luckily it was on sale, so, yay!

Punji

Vaskebjørn
I played the heck out of that on the PS2! Still have it.

My only regret is never getting all the types of fish. :<

For some strange reason, this game makes me drift to sleep. It's the only game that does that to me. I would play it for an hour and then just doze off. As a kid playing on the PS2 and as an adult playing it's HD release. I always tend to fall asleep while playing it.

Sappho

Wolftaur taxi service
I busted my ass getting all 100 stray beads! And I do it again and again. I have merch but I just want life sized plushes of Amaterasu and Chibiterasu

Parabellum3

For some strange reason, this game makes me drift to sleep. It's the only game that does that to me. I would play it for an hour and then just doze off. As a kid playing on the PS2 and as an adult playing it's HD release. I always tend to fall asleep while playing it.
It’s definitely because of the music.

Parabellum3

I busted my ass getting all 100 stray beads! And I do it again and again. I have merch but I just want life sized plushes of Amaterasu and Chibiterasu
Oh yeah the plushies will be something I’ll be dreaming about.

fernshiine

That plush...:000000

Parabellum3

just gonna drop this on the name argument lol
I read it on the wiki too. Basically the one character means "wolf" and the two characters mean "great god/spirit." I don't really know how Japanese works but that's why they made Ammy a goddess who's a wolf lol.