• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

how many of you smoke?

DO you use marijuana

• Total voters

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Not my thing but my brother certainly partakes. Since it became legal here, it's amusing how much it's advertised. I see more billboards for pot than just about anything else!

AppleButt

Not my thing but my brother certainly partakes. Since it became legal here, it's amusing how much it's advertised. I see more billboards for pot than just about anything else!

I wish my state would legalize it. We could desperately use the money here lol. But my state will be among the last five states to legalize it. I’m willing to bet on that lol.

We’ve recently legalized the lottery so that’ll help a bit.

SSJ3Mewtwo

awww :) please do go on. i want to hear all the reasons wacky tobacky kills you

btw im messing around with you, idc if someone doesnt "partake" to each their own.

Keep in mind, it's a relatively new industry, and it has a lot of baggage to shake off, even though it's getting more main stream.

Jokes like that, they don't help. That puts people on the defensive side of things, not the receptive.

Loganw314

yea its crazy right now :p
Keep in mind, it's a relatively new industry, and it has a lot of baggage to shake off, even though it's getting more main stream.

Jokes like that, they don't help. That puts people on the defensive side of things, not the receptive.

wasnt much of a joke.

i would like to hear all the ways marijuana can kill you, i am curious. I mostly said i was messing around so i didnt come off as a dick but i honestly dont care. i hang out with all kinds of people who dont smoke and i smoke everyday. doesnt bother them. (if im polite about lol)

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Banned
Licensed budtender here. Pot is essentially my job, and I'm licensed by the government for it.

Whether or not marijuana smoke is as dangerous as tobacco smoke is still debated, and likely will be for a long time to come. It's still federally illegal, so research on specifics about it is more limited than the effects of tobacco smoke.

But that's another reason why cannabis is consumed in multiple different ways, many of which don't involve burning it at all. Vaporizers like the Volcano were designed to make inhalation of cannabinoids easier not just for groups of people, but the elderly as well, and others with lung problems.

Then there's edibles, tinctures, lotions, and on and on it goes. Those don't involve combustion at all.
Yeah. There ARE ways you can use it healthily. That doesn't mean it is always good. It's also very harmful. There are some things that are dangerous to consume- but people have made the plant that makes it into tea because the plant itself is harmless. Is marijuana bad? Heck yeah. Will i argue it further? No. Because i don't care to. It's a bad thing, but it CAN be used medically. Which is FINE. I never said it couldn't be, just that i wouldn't use it myself because it is unhealthy. (And seeing as i have no health issues it helps using it for medical reasons would also be unhealthy.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Never smoked. I don't care if someone does, but not at cons if it is not legal. If you smoke at cons, it can affect all the furs there, so you are not being a responsible person if you do.

Leeze

Professional Procrastinator
From what I can remember from Biochem, the two main carcinogens to worry about were benzo[a]anthracene and benzo[a]pyrene. Both are produced pretty much whenever you burn organic material, so it’s fairly ubiquitous as far as carcinogens are concerned, and they can usually be avoided with edibles.

SSJ3Mewtwo

Yeah. There ARE ways you can use it healthily. That doesn't mean it is always good. It's also very harmful. There are some things that are dangerous to consume- but people have made the plant that makes it into tea because the plant itself is harmless. Is marijuana bad? Heck yeah. Will i argue it further? No. Because i don't care to. It's a bad thing, but it CAN be used medically. Which is FINE. I never said it couldn't be, just that i wouldn't use it myself because it is unhealthy. (And seeing as i have no health issues it helps using it for medical reasons would also be unhealthy.

Is cannabis bad?

No. Sorry, the research that has been done so far shows that it's actually super safe. It's one of the few drugs that has an overdose limit so high it's actually absurd. And the benefits it's yielded for stuff like stress, anxiety, cancer, and PTSD are absolutely stunning.

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
The thing to remember with marijuana is that it may be legal in your state, but it is still illegal under federal law.

Myself, I don't mind if it is smoked, just not around my family or I since I have to deal with the ramifications.

SSJ3Mewtwo

The thing to remember with marijuana is that it may be legal in your state, but it is still illegal under federal law.

Which is an extreme frustration, especially just for casual use. But THC is stored in your body's fat cells. Given how military and other service positions can involve a lot of stress, quick decision making, and long hours standing watch, it can be a very, very bad mix. I understand and agree with the reasons many companies and government positions don't allow cannabis use. But the fact it's still federally illegal is hugely irritating.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
What is funny is like what happened the other day. Where I live, weed isn't legal. A man and women walked by me and my friend, and the guy reeked of weed. He smelled so strongly of it that it made our heads snap around as he walked by. We asked the guy if he was "holding". He kind of panicked when we said that. We kept jerking his chain. We asked him how he could come in and not share the weed. His girlfriend started laughing. We were like, "Dude, you smell so strong that they could probably smell you a couple of miles up the road at the police station." We all started laughing and he was denying he had any. His girlfriend commented that she kept telling him he smelled like weed, but he wouldn't believe her. If you don't smoke, you can pick up on the scent really fast. I think he believes his girlfriend now though and hopefully will be more careful.

Thrashy

Пу́тин — хуйло́! Слава Україні! FckNzs.
...and makes many pleasurable things even more pleasurable: p

Not to mention that as a skunk, skunk weed is a totally logical choice : )

There is Skunk Weed? That sounds good, we should try that out sometime! I'll bring a few psychedelic records to make things pleasurable (As you've described it very nicely) ^^

No seriously, I do not smoke or consume weed.
I've had thoughts about baking cookies to explore early Pink Floyd in a new way tough ^^

I

Infrarednexus

I may not use it recreationally any time soon, but I appreciate the health benefits for it's medicinal use, such as treating cancer, seizures, and PTSD.

LameFox

If it was legal here I'd probably use it sometimes, but otherwise it's not worth the hassle. Not via smoking though.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I smoke, vape, or eat edibles depending on what's available recreationally; marijuana is enjoyable (and thankfully legal here!). Though it seems like whenever I have too much I get extremely paranoid :/

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
Also, a cash only business like a laundromat. Shocker.

Makes investing a complicated affair.

*goes back to stock market*

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
o, it's unhealthy, some places it's illegal, and it's literally putting poison into yourself. Literally. It's bad. You don't see anti smoking all over the place for no reason.
I never specified tobacco. And the examples he give still fall under the exact same words i used. So maybe think before you comment.
Tobacco was brought up because the biggest reason anti-smoking ads are everywhere is because tobacco causes heart disease and various cancers. Partaking in marijuana doesn't cause these things (at least there's no evidence of such); equating it to a poison is kind of extreme.
The biggest health problems related to marijuana that we know of is that it can damage braincells in developing brains (basically, it can harm young people).
Marijuana is healthier to use than alcohol.

If you have a problem with alochol then its good that you're consistent, but you're being really exaggeratory.

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
I've tried it when I was like 18, it was pretty nice. Not something I'd do all the time, or even "monthly", prob just rare cases.

As for people talking about cannabis there really isn't much harm in it, really it's just the case of "Use your common sense and you'll be fine", then again maybe that's why it's still illegal, people lack common sense nowadays?

Z

Z-ro

Sorry but I hate smoke and smokers
My dream world is ridden of smoke and smokers
It only has prejudice except for medical prescribed Marijuana that helps you to ease depression

Cosmonaughty

Finally comfortable in my fur!
Certainly ^v^ Helps me block out the BS of the world! I have seen plenty of that in my life. Not so much now, but like george carlin, I always have a little on standby!

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Banned
Is cannabis bad?

No. Sorry, the research that has been done so far shows that it's actually super safe. It's one of the few drugs that has an overdose limit so high it's actually absurd. And the benefits it's yielded for stuff like stress, anxiety, cancer, and PTSD are absolutely stunning.
Just stop. Okay just, just stop. Marijuana has a mountain load of evidence why it's bad. Again- some things it can be used for is good. But whether you like it or not, there are negative things about it. I'm not going to argue a very clear point you can't seem to grasp. Is it always bad. NO. It CAN be good. So stop arguing that it's a holy plant that is such a good thing for society and only benefits it because it isn't. There are negatives too.

I

Infrarednexus

Uhm...

Technically it is holy in the Rastifarian religion. It is usually used within religious ceremonies in a highly ritualized manner in order to enhance feelings of unity and help generate visions of a spiritual and soothing nature. Rastafarians feel that marijuana is important for their understanding of self, the universe and God. The use of cannabis is part of what the Rastafari refer to as “reasoning sessions” where members join up and are encouraged to interact and discuss life according to the Rasta perspective.

There are not only medicinal properties behind the plant, but cultural and spiritual ones too to some groups.