• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

how many of you smoke?

DO you use marijuana

• Total voters

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Banned
Uhm...

Technically it is holy in the Rastifarian religion. It is usually used within religious ceremonies in a highly ritualized manner in order to enhance feelings of unity and help generate visions of a spiritual and soothing nature. Rastafarians feel that marijuana is important for their understanding of self, the universe and God. The use of cannabis is part of what the Rastafari refer to as “reasoning sessions” where members join up and are encouraged to interact and discuss life according to the Rasta perspective.

There are not only medicinal properties behind the plant, but cultural and spiritual ones too to some groups.
Okay? And there's a religion that worships satan. Your point? And i didn't mean holy as in religious. I meant as pure. A holy plant that's only used for good things and no negatives. So yeah. Fun fact there you mentioned, but quite irrelevant ^^

I

Infrarednexus

Okay? And there's a religion that worships satan. Your point? And i didn't mean holy as in religious. I meant as pure. A holy plant that's only used for good things and no negatives. So yeah. Fun fact there you mentioned, but quite irrelevant ^^
Irrelevant, perhaps.

But I'm sure you learned something cool just now :3

Joni

I'm a hot dog
To each their own. If you don't think it does you don't have to listen to what i say i know.
As far as I know, people in the past made up the dangers of weed. I know it's safer than alcohol, you can't overdose it and it makes people calm and not agressive like alcohol does sometimes. (What I said doesn't have to be true, I didn't research anything, It's just what I heared.)

But afterall THC is a chemical and we should treat it as just that, and study it's effects and side effect with a NEUTRAL attitude.
Since you just saying it's bad. I can just say the same things as you, in this thread, about my headache pills.....or a random chemical occurring naturally in our food. It can have effects and side effects. A lot of things in your world have effects and side effects.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
tbf I said this earlier but weed does make me paranoid and even afraid under the right circumstances.
I have trust issues with my friends and weed amplifies that significantly to where I feel like the worst person in the world
Those feelings don't *entirely* pass either; I remember my thoughts from when I was high and the fears brought up then linger.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
tbf I said this earlier but weed does make me paranoid and even afraid under the right circumstances.
I have trust issues with my friends and weed amplifies that significantly to where I feel like the worst person in the world
Those feelings don't *entirely* pass either; I remember my thoughts from when I was high and the fears brought up then linger.
Meaning, if you feel good it can make you feel better, and if you feel or think bad it can make you feel worse. Then it the person consuming it not the weed. But we can say the same about alcohol, right? :rolleyes:

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Banned
As far as I know, people in the past made up the dangers of weed. I know it's safer than alcohol, you can't overdose it and it makes people calm and not agressive like alcohol does sometimes. (What I said doesn't have to be true, I didn't research anything, It's just what I heared.)

But afterall THC is a chemical and we should treat it as just that, and study it's effects and side effect with a NEUTRAL attitude.
Since you just saying it's bad. I can just say the same things as you, in this thread, about my headache pills.....or a random chemical occurring naturally in our food. It can have effects and side effects. A lot of things in your world have effects and side effects.
Well you can't because it's different. In your logic i can say oxygen is bad because too much or too little can kill you. Is it true? Yes. Does it mean oxygen is also bad? In your logic it is. We should just leave this as is. It's not great. But it isn't the worst thing to exist. There is no point in arguing to me whether it's good or bad because all i need is from this one specific source to say it is bad and I'll follow it. Very very credible source that i will not share due to well, being unrelated to the thread. Any further discussion of argument can be done in dms, otherwise there's just no point in arguin in the thread since it won't go anywhere~

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Well you can't because it's different. In your logic i can say oxygen is bad because too much or too little can kill you. Is it true? Yes. Does it mean oxygen is also bad? In your logic it is. We should just leave this as is. It's not great. But it isn't the worst thing to exist. There is no point in arguing to me whether it's good or bad because all i need is from this one specific source to say it is bad and I'll follow it. Very very credible source that i will not share due to well, being unrelated to the thread. Any further discussion of argument can be done in dms, otherwise there's just no point in arguin in the thread since it won't go anywhere~
I thought about oxygen, but I didn't use it as example, because we need it unlike thc.

SSJ3Mewtwo

Just stop. Okay just, just stop. Marijuana has a mountain load of evidence why it's bad. Again- some things it can be used for is good. But whether you like it or not, there are negative things about it. I'm not going to argue a very clear point you can't seem to grasp. Is it always bad. NO. It CAN be good. So stop arguing that it's a holy plant that is such a good thing for society and only benefits it because it isn't. There are negatives too.

Again, keep in mind, this is my *job*. I've completed multiple certifications on for study about cannabis and its known effects on the body.

What you're doing is just saying the same thing over and over. 'It is bad'.

Anything, lemme stress that, anything can be bad.

But the risks associated to marijuana since negative propaganda began being broadcasted into the public in the 60s and 70s on to today were basically way overblown. 'Reefer madness' and such was never an actual thing to worry about.

Are there bad things about it? Sure. I don't deny that. But nowadays it's pretty well known that the bad stuff people were saying about it was hugely exaggerated.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

My psychiatrist told me that cannabis can cause Schizophrenia in people genetically deposition to it. (However I think anything can have risk attached to it in general. It just boils down to if a person wants to deal with consequences of their actions.)

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Banned
Again, keep in mind, this is my *job*. I've completed multiple certifications on for study about cannabis and its known effects on the body.

What you're doing is just saying the same thing over and over. 'It is bad'.

Anything, lemme stress that, anything can be bad.

But the risks associated to marijuana since negative propaganda began being broadcasted into the public in the 60s and 70s on to today were basically way overblown. 'Reefer madness' and such was never an actual thing to worry about.

Are there bad things about it? Sure. I don't deny that. But nowadays it's pretty well known that the bad stuff people were saying about it was hugely exaggerated.
Mhm cherry picking much? Read what I've been saying before you comment. It's also your job to read posts as an admin isn't it? So why can't you even do that? I've stated plentiful times it's bad but DOES have good uses. READ WHAT I'M WRITING. Can you read it? Do i need to spell it out easier for you? Oh and it being your "job" doesn't mean "expert" unless you literally are one. I can work at McDonalds but I'm not an expert at fast food because i work with it. That doesn't mean anything you say is wrong, no i do agree that there are some good things about it. And yeah probably it was overblown in advertising. But overblown doesn't mean it's not bad in any way. It's bad. But it has good things as well. As mentioned previously... oxygen can kill you by losing or overdosing it. Therefore oxygen is bad? Not at all. Everything can be bad. Marijuana is worse than other things but again- it CAN be good. So feel free to actually read my posts before you respond. You've cherry picked words to punish me for in the past with warnings for yet completely ignored insults toward me, so why don't you actually try and listen for once. I'm sure you know what you're talking about, and i find it hilarious you think you need to stomp me into the ground because i believe it's partly bad. Carry on with your day. Hope it's going well for you.. <3

Deathless

ĎĴĔVĔĹĔŃ
I know lots of people, both friends and family, who smoke weed both for their own health and recreational, but I don't think I'm the type of person to do it myself. I don't look at them differently and I still see them as really awesome people and family, just ask long as they don't pressure me or force me to do anything, they're still my friends and I have a lot of respect for them! And hey, I'm more of an alcohol person anyway!

P

Purplefuzz

I know lots of people, both friends and family, who smoke weed both for their own health and recreational, but I don't think I'm the type of person to do it myself. I don't look at them differently and I still see them as really awesome people and family, just ask long as they don't pressure me or force me to do anything, they're still my friends and I have a lot of respect for them! And hey, I'm more of an alcohol person anyway!

Seems nice they don't shun you because your more of Alcohol fan like allot of pot/psych users do. Heck even if was suddenly legal i rather stick with Alcohol and nitrous oxide(dentist) anyways, Since there a lot great tasting booze.

quoting_mungo

Medical uses should also be expanded, IMO. I have anecdotal evidence (so, well, low value as evidence, but enough to know it works that way for some people) that it can help with erectile dysfunction, for instance. Probably hell of a lot cheaper to produce than little blue pills.

As for its use in treating things like anxiety and depression, while self-medicating is not something I generally approve of, I do think it's a better option than self-medicating with alcohol, for instance. Doesn't mean I am a proponent for using it that way without a doctor's say-so, mind. (And I have on rare occassions self-medicated against acute anxiety with alcohol, because my damn pills were an 8-hour flight away. I just recognize that it isn't a good long-term tactic, even if it solved my immediate problem at the time. But my alcohol tolerance is also extremely low.)

I can work at McDonalds but I'm not an expert at fast food because i work with it.
That's not a good analogy; @SSJ3Mewtwo specifically mentioned certifications, and he works in a highly regulated industry (which fast food isn't, in the same sense). Closer, but still not a great equivalent, would be a practicing lawyer having a significantly better grasp of law than a layperson.

If you're going to continue insisting that marijuana is toxic, a poison, etc, you should link the scientific studies you're basing those claims on. Saying your sources are off topic so you won't link them, while continuing to repeat information you got from them, is pretty hypocritical.

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Banned
Medical uses should also be expanded, IMO. I have anecdotal evidence (so, well, low value as evidence, but enough to know it works that way for some people) that it can help with erectile dysfunction, for instance. Probably hell of a lot cheaper to produce than little blue pills.

As for its use in treating things like anxiety and depression, while self-medicating is not something I generally approve of, I do think it's a better option than self-medicating with alcohol, for instance. Doesn't mean I am a proponent for using it that way without a doctor's say-so, mind. (And I have on rare occassions self-medicated against acute anxiety with alcohol, because my damn pills were an 8-hour flight away. I just recognize that it isn't a good long-term tactic, even if it solved my immediate problem at the time. But my alcohol tolerance is also extremely low.)

That's not a good analogy; @SSJ3Mewtwo specifically mentioned certifications, and he works in a highly regulated industry (which fast food isn't, in the same sense). Closer, but still not a great equivalent, would be a practicing lawyer having a significantly better grasp of law than a layperson.

If you're going to continue insisting that marijuana is toxic, a poison, etc, you should link the scientific studies you're basing those claims on. Saying your sources are off topic so you won't link them, while continuing to repeat information you got from them, is pretty hypocritical.
When did i say that LMFAO i said there was one source that was all i needed, even if i ignored everything else i knew its still bad based off this one source. But I'm not even going to respond to answer you because you AGAIN ignored my responses. Go back and read what I'm ACTUALLY saying, THEN I'll talk.

D

Deleted member 111470

The devil's lettuce is illegal af where I live, so I'm staying well away from it.

SSJ3Mewtwo

When did i say that LMFAO i said there was one source that was all i needed, even if i ignored everything else i knew its still bad based off this one source. But I'm not even going to respond to answer you because you AGAIN ignored my responses. Go back and read what I'm ACTUALLY saying, THEN I'll talk.

If you are not going to respond to someone's posts and just accuse others of not responding to you....you'll just be removed from the thread.

If you want to actually respond to the information and commentary people are making, I'm fine with going back and forth. But if you're just going to repeatedly say no one is reading your posts (they are. The responses you're getting are responses to your posts and clearly show people are reading g your words), and just repeat the same things over and over, I'll have to treat it as spam.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
It's difficult to compare the rate of cannabis use on this thread to an 'average' of non-furries, since people come from a wide distribution of countries.

If that list of countries were known, we could perform a weighted average to find out what the 'expected' rate of cannabis use would be, to see whether the furries have a higher or lower rate.