• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

how many of you smoke?

DO you use marijuana

• Total voters

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Banned
If you are not going to respond to someone's posts and just accuse others of not responding to you....you'll just be removed from the thread.

If you want to actually respond to the information and commentary people are making, I'm fine with going back and forth. But if you're just going to repeatedly say no one is reading your posts (they are. The responses you're getting are responses to your posts and clearly show people are reading g your words), and just repeat the same things over and over, I'll have to treat it as spam.
Either dm me to keep arguing something I've already middle grounded with or keep arguing here something I'm not arguing about. If i changed the subject from gun control to i hate guns I'm off topic. I said this is bad but has some good stuff about it yet people completely ignore me and continue trashing anything i say by saying "you think this." And stating that i think it's ONLY bad. Which is false. Therefore i have the right to not respond when you aren't even going to talk about the actual thing and make up a false view for me. And no you aren't reading my posts. You keep leaving out important details and nitpicking. If people ARE reading it, then again, nitpicking and not arguing well enough for me to care. Either way, this argument isn't neccessary and i have the right not to respond if i don't want to. And since my view is being changed to something i am not saying i am not arguing it anymore because it's about something I'm not on the side of. (If it's not important enough you feel like it could be moved to and finished in a dm, then it isn't important to continue in a thread either. Nor is it very nice, and probably against the rules... to respond to and avidly want a response from someone and tell them you'll remove em from a thread because they "spammed" if you feel I'm "spamming" why are you responding to me to get me to respond? If you want me to stop then stop. It takes two to tango after all.)

Last edited:

Sirocco~

Victorian Gentleman
I use it all the time. I have tried so much this past year. My favorite strains are Northern Lights, Obama Kush, Ewok, Tangireen Dream, UK Cheese, Afghani, Alaskan Thunder Fuck, Red Headed Stranger, ACDC, and Island Sweet Skunk.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I smok...ing hot. B) *Finger guns.*

SSJ3Mewtwo

I smok...ing hot. B) *Finger guns.*
1551931221.ssj3mewtwo_no_by_feve.png

quoting_mungo

When did i say that LMFAO i said there was one source that was all i needed, even if i ignored everything else i knew its still bad based off this one source. But I'm not even going to respond to answer you because you AGAIN ignored my responses. Go back and read what I'm ACTUALLY saying, THEN I'll talk.
Let's see... (I'll be underlining the most pertinent parts of the quoted posts below.)
No, it's unhealthy, some places it's illegal, and it's literally putting poison into yourself.
But i won't partake in something that's unhealthy and will slowly kill me, if you want to partake in it have fun with yourself. So long as you don't hurt others off it you feel free to worsen your health.
Marijuana has a mountain load of evidence why it's bad
There is no point in arguing to me whether it's good or bad because all i need is from this one specific source to say it is bad and I'll follow it. Very very credible source that i will not share due to well, being unrelated to the thread.
So... you did say it was a poison. You did say it will slowly kill you, which again is implying it's toxic.
You did say there was a mountainload of evidence, which you appear to somehow have garnered from a single source. You did say that linking your "very very credible source" would be off topic.
If you were referring to something else by "when did I say that," please specify. :)

There's plenty of legitimate-looking sources out there that claim the Holocaust never happened. They appear credible, while still flying in the face of fact. Same for vaccines supposedly causing autism, etc. Refusing to share your "credible" source, while saying it's enough to have thoroughly convinced you, is... If you find it that convincing, why would you not want to share it in the interests of looking out for others' health? All you're being asked for is scientific evidence to back up your claims that it's bad for you. That you concede that it has valid medical uses doesn't change the other claims you've made about it.

I originally responded to you because you were rudely implying you knew better than someone with pertinent certifications, using a very flawed similie. If you feel no one is reading your posts correctly, maybe consider the possibility that you're not communicating your message clearly enough. Saying we're "ignoring" or "not reading" your posts because we're not arguing with you about the portion of your opinions we agree with (that medical uses exist and can be good) isn't really helping your argument. If you feel people aren't understanding what you're trying to say, clarify instead of jumping down their throats.

Like, it's pretty clear to me that what @SSJ3Mewtwo is saying here is that responding just to accuse people of not listening to you and/or to say that you're not going to respond to them is spammy. If you engage in the actual conversation in good faith, he's fine with that. You're coming off as pretty hostile in a significant portion of your posts, which probably doesn't help, either (though that part is my own speculation, and not direct interpretation of what SSJ said).

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
Have partaked in cannabis in it's many forms for....21 years now. Have worked on a cannabis farm for 8+ years doing everything from planting, harvesting, trimming and security. Pre legalization AND medical the real biggest danger of cannabis was getting caught with it. I have completed 4 years of court mandated rehab (had a P.O with a chip on their shoulder) and the only danger they could mention was 'anti motivational disorder, which can come from many different things. From a strickly selfish point of view the only downside to recreational legalization is the price drop it caused, but as a consumer that is a damn good thing. Hopefully we can get it federally legallized soon, as it has no business being classified along side things like heroin.

AceQuorthon

International Man of Mystery
I’ve smoked weed twice and I’d definitely do it again if I had the chance

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Medical uses should also be expanded, IMO. I have anecdotal evidence (so, well, low value as evidence, but enough to know it works that way for some people) that it can help with erectile dysfunction, for instance. Probably hell of a lot cheaper to produce than little blue pills.

As for its use in treating things like anxiety and depression, while self-medicating is not something I generally approve of, I do think it's a better option than self-medicating with alcohol, for instance. Doesn't mean I am a proponent for using it that way without a doctor's say-so, mind. (And I have on rare occassions self-medicated against acute anxiety with alcohol, because my damn pills were an 8-hour flight away. I just recognize that it isn't a good long-term tactic, even if it solved my immediate problem at the time. But my alcohol tolerance is also extremely low.)

That's not a good analogy; @SSJ3Mewtwo specifically mentioned certifications, and he works in a highly regulated industry (which fast food isn't, in the same sense). Closer, but still not a great equivalent, would be a practicing lawyer having a significantly better grasp of law than a layperson.

If you're going to continue insisting that marijuana is toxic, a poison, etc, you should link the scientific studies you're basing those claims on. Saying your sources are off topic so you won't link them, while continuing to repeat information you got from them, is pretty hypocritical.

I regard anecdotal claims about cannabis's medical use with some skepticism because, if all these claims were to be believed, it sounds like it cures everything. When my Grandfather was dying people in my family indicated they wanted to explore getting cannabis to him because they'd read on the internet that it would help his metastatic bowel cancer. S:

Anyway, since this is a thread about smoking I suppose medical applications aren't so relevant to that, because if somebody's taking a drug for medical purposes then maybe smoking isn't the best way of taking it because it exposes people nearby to what's meant to be a medical drug.

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
I regard anecdotal claims about cannabis's medical use with some skepticism because, if all these claims were to be believed, it sounds like it cures everything. When my Grandfather was dying people in my family indicated they wanted to explore getting cannabis to him because they'd read on the internet that it would help his metastatic bowel cancer. S:

Anyway, since this is a thread about smoking I suppose medical applications aren't so relevant to that, because if somebody's taking a drug for medical purposes then maybe smoking isn't the best way of taking it because it exposes people nearby to what's meant to be a medical drug.
People use 'cure' rather freely, what it does when used properly (full extract oil mixed with coconut oil) creates a oxygen rich enviornment which cancer cells cannot propigate in.
Edit: forgot to add, second hand smoke from cannabis is negliagable, source: my councellor in rehab, every other person brought up the question 'what if I was in a hotbox I couldn't leave' when it came time for UA's (urinallisys (sp)) and the answer was always, "unless you smoked yourself it won't show up in your system" which leads to believe that smoking in the same house / room as another won't introduce THC to them. Just the smell might stick to em a little.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
People use 'cure' rather freely, what it does when used properly (full extract oil mixed with coconut oil) creates a oxygen rich enviornment which cancer cells cannot propigate in.

I'm not a doctor and I have no way of knowing whether you are one (although your previous post indicates you are not), so I'm very cautious about giving people the impression that cannabis and coconut oil is a cancer treatment.

As far as I am aware there are currently no large human trials yet for cannabinoid drugs' use in treating cancers directly. At least, that's the comment I found from checking www.cancer.gov, but again- I'm not a doctor.

I remember watching a short synposis of this subject on the BBC in 2015, when the doctors they interviewed described the claims as 'unproven'. I'll drop the link below.
Could cannabis oil cure cancer?
Incidentally 2015 was also the year my Grandfather died, so the news report must have been produced in response to a large public interest in the drug at that time- and that must have been why people in my family were talking about it.

Last edited:

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
I'm not a doctor and I have no way of knowing whether you are one (although your previous post indicates you are not), so I'm very cautious about giving people the impression that cannabis and coconut oil is a cancer treatment.

As far as I am aware there are currently no large human trials yet for cannabinoid drugs' use in treating cancers directly. At least, that's the comment I found from checking www.cancer.gov, but again- I'm not a doctor.

I remember watching a short synposis of this subject on the BBC in 2015, when the doctors they interviewed described the claims as 'unproven'. I'll drop the link below.
Could cannabis oil cure cancer?
Incidentally 2015 was also the year my Grandfather died, so the news report must have been produced in response to a large public interest in the drug at that time- and that must have been why people in my family were talking about it.
Again, the word 'cure' being used too freely. It's not THE treatment, but aids with acutal medicine.

D

Deleted member 82554

I have, but not casually. It's to expensive and I'd rather not drown my feelings in drugs.

quoting_mungo

That's absolutely a fair position to take. I'm not personally aware of any medical uses intended to cure, so much as treat symptoms - whether that be by relieving pain, nausea, or whatever else. In the case of ED, let's just say I have good reason to believe that particular claim, though obviously you don't have that good reason to believe me. Since it's not a reason any doctor is likely to prescribe it for, and given the nature of sex, that's practically recreational use anyway, though. ;)

Edit: forgot to add, second hand smoke from cannabis is negliagable, source: my councellor in rehab, every other person brought up the question 'what if I was in a hotbox I couldn't leave' when it came time for UA's (urinallisys (sp)) and the answer was always, "unless you smoked yourself it won't show up in your system" which leads to believe that smoking in the same house / room as another won't introduce THC to them. Just the smell might stick to em a little.
Second hand smoke is nasty for other reasons, mind you. Even if it doesn't introduce detectable amounts of THC into your system, it's liable to introduce irritants and the usual carcinogens that come from burning plant matter. Having asthma and generally pretty easily irritated airways (though more sensitive to mechanical irritation, such as from sand/wood dust - worst part of having cats is refilling their litter boxes), I'd be pretty pissed if someone were to light up in the room with me without asking. Not that you (gen) should be smoking indoors, anyway, unless you own your home.

Which is basically me saying "smoke responsibly and be considerate of your surroundings" and "introducing THC into your system isn't the only risk/danger of second hand smoke."