• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How many Xmas trees in your house?

How many Christmas trees?

• Total voters

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
A while ago I was trying to estimate the size of the forest you would get if you gathered together all the Christmas trees in the world.

I estimated each family of four in the West might have a Christmas tree, but I spoke with an American I live next to and she told me that her family has four.

So I was curious then, what is the distribution of the number of trees in each family's house at Xmas?

For the purpose of the thread, let's count big trees- rather than window sill ornaments.

Doomer

Banned
Banned
I have one. And it's real. It's my family tradition to always have a christmas tree. Christmas without it just arent the same. I'm surprised why some people don;t have christmas tree at their home.

Kosmo Kittypup

Goodest Waste Boy
we only ever have one, but whether it's fake or real or not depends on the year. last year it was real, this year it's fake and lights up (though is kinda small). either way, always one tree. even if we lived somewhere that wasn't a dinky apartment, it'd just be one.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I don't do Kurisumasu decorations.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
One tree here.

Used to be only real ones, but a few years ago I bought a fake one at a time when I was going to be the only one in the house. Been using that one since, though my family is likely to go back to real trees when I move out. (I personally plan to use the fake one as long as possible - if the lights on it don't work I can string on new ones, base can be repaired, etc.)

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Just one tree and I am thankful my mother does not go all out by getting more trees.

Ravofox

Aussie foxy
Currently...zero!:eek:

Thing is, my sister had been demanding to get it put up for weeks, but for the last couple of weeks she's rarely been home yet still demands that SHE has to be the one to put it up:confused: lol

MissNook

No Christmas tree here (we have a forest though :p). But there will be one at my parents home and things we're going to spend Christmas with them, it will be one :)

That's funny for the idea of the forest since it makes me think of a French Christmas song where the chorus is "Sapin sapin, si les années passent. Sapin, sapin, j'aurais une forêt de sapin" which can be translated by "Christmas tree, Christmas tree, as the years go by. Christmas tree, Christmas tree, I'll have a forest of Christmas trees"

quoting_mungo

I love the smell and atmosphere of Christmas trees (real ones; while there are some nice-looking fake trees out there, they're not going to match a tree that smells like Christmas!), but getting one is too big a production for my spoonie ass, sadly. One of these years I'll have one again, but not this year.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I have a vintage silver aluminum christmas tree. I used to have a pink aluminum christmas tree when I was a kid. My mom loved that tree, but it got lost in a move and I've been trying to find one ever since.

MissNook

I love the smell and atmosphere of Christmas trees (real ones; while there are some nice-looking fake trees out there, they're not going to match a tree that smells like Christmas!), but getting one is too big a production for my spoonie ass, sadly. One of these years I'll have one again, but not this year.
Is it like in France and firemen cut pine trees and other softwood trees to have the safe areas in case of forest fires and so you can have them for free or for the money you wanna give against it?

quoting_mungo

Is it like in France and firemen cut pine trees and other softwood trees to have the safe areas in case of forest fires and so you can have them for free or for the money you wanna give against it?
I don't know if that might be a thing in other areas with more forest (I live in a part of the country with very little anything aside from flat land); around here at least they all come from plantations. We do get local kids' organizations (scout troops, sports clubs, I can't recall which does it in my town atm) offering to dispose of them after Christmas with the prive for the service going towards the organization, which is a pretty cool method of fundraising.

MissNook

I don't know if that might be a thing in other areas with more forest (I live in a part of the country with very little anything aside from flat land); around here at least they all come from plantations. We do get local kids' organizations (scout troops, sports clubs, I can't recall which does it in my town atm) offering to dispose of them after Christmas with the prive for the service going towards the organization, which is a pretty cool method of fundraising.
That's nice! There are things like this here too. It's often associations for children or ecology who do this here though, not kids :)