• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How much alcohol do you consume?

How much do you drink a week?

• I dont drink

Votes: 49 44.1%
  • 0-3 units

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • 3-7

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 7-14

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • 14-28

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • +28

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Binge drinker (Wasted on occasional Friday night with friends)

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

Doomer

Banned
Banned
It's 9am and I'm already drinking. I find it helps me concentrate on work.

Anyway, how much do you drink on weekly bases expressed in units? 1 unit = 10ml of pure alcohol. 12oz can of beer = 2 units. 1 bottle of wine = 9 units. 1 shot of 80 abv beverage = 1.6 units.

Food and drug administration (FDA) recommends no more than 14 units a week for men and 7 for women.

I usually stay within 7-14 a week.

Arnak

Off the bench
Just enough to feel a buzz without blacking out.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I rarely drink, and if I do it's at a social or work place event. So probably zero to three units, maximum. Though I have a weak tolerance so you'd think it was more. >_>

Doomer

Banned
Banned
Also I read it's healthier to drink a whole bottle of wine at once than spread it out throughout the week. It has to do something with liver having time to regenerate.

Arix

Ladies, form a line.
I don't. Not out of any health or moral concerns, I just don't like the taste and don't see the sense in forcing myself to.

D

Deleted member 82554

Not near enough. But if I still get this job offer next week, then, well...

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
I used to go crazy every once in a blue moon >.> Stopped doing that because I don't feel like poisoning myself anymore. Honestly don't see much point in drinking alcohol anyways. Any small benefits you see from it in small amounts can be easily replicated with non-alcoholic drinks or whatever. People just like to cite those "health benefits" as an excuse to justify their drinking. Also, alcohol is pretty expensive

I don't. Not out of any health or moral concerns, I just don't like the taste and don't see the sense in forcing myself to.
Same for me. Alcohol also makes feel dizzy and I don't see the point. To be honest, everything becomes less fun, enjoyable and intense.

Balskarr

The Lurking Hooman
As much as I like it? I don't actually drink that often and will quote often go through dry spells. When I do drink I do so in moderation and have only been drunk a handful of times in my life thanks to that moderation.

Trevorbluesquirrel

I usually have 1 - 2 drinks every 2 weeks, so 3 - 4 a month, averages to 1 a week!

I also prefer sweet fruity cocktails, so unless I'm out at a fancy restaurant, I don't get the option!

Even when I went to an all inclusive Bahamas resort, I didn't have more than 3 or 4 a day, and those were spread out hours apart!

I also despise dry wines! I do like the Jewish wine Manischewitz, as its sweet!

D

Deleted member 134556

Hardly ever. I sometimes enjoy wine once every few months.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
I am sober now, I wasn't always like that however

Night.Claw

Never drinking myself. Doesn't worth the price, taste like shiet and have nothing good in it. A simple bottle of soda worth a lot more to me, taste better, and cost significantly less.
The only alcohol i "consume" is the tiny amount i use to clean my glasses, my monitor and my tools that need special care.
Alcohol is only useful for cleaning for me.

Cosmic-FS

A creature of the night
I hardly ever drink. Honestly, I just never got over how it tastes:confused:

I will on occasion drink in social settings like parties or events where other people are drinking. But even then I usually spend the whole time slowly sipping just one drink.

ChipperChip

I'm terrified to drink due to my family's history of addiction. Even if I turn out not to be prone to addiction I can't see myself drinking often. I don't want to take up alcohol abuse as a coping mechanism. Sure I may be overthinking this but idk.

Canopus the Dreamer

I used to drink quite heavily back in the day. I jokingly blame this on my Anglo-Irish-Scandanavian-Slavic heritage. I used to drink so much that my friends and flatmates used to think I was pretty close to being an alcoholic.

These days I don't drink so much and usually go months without a drink. I will only drink a lot at parties these days. Which are not that common.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Not enough.

I like a tipple of whiskey or mead now and then.

kiroku

A bit. Who wants to know? You the police?
But probably too much (always been a struggle). Can easily kill 14 beers in a weekend or more. I don't drink hard liquor or wine.

Doomer

Banned
Banned
I used to drink quite heavily back in the day. I jokingly blame this on my Anglo-Irish-Scandanavian-Slavic heritage. I used to drink so much that my friends and flatmates used to think I was pretty close to being an alcoholic.

These days I don't drink so much and usually go months without a drink. I will only drink a lot at parties these days. Which are not that common.

Why were you drinking?