• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How much would 1 HP of damage be in real life?

Zippy!

Certified Bean
Let's say you have a standard 100 health, and you take 1 damage, and are left with 99.

What examples would this be applied to real life?

A hard slap to the face? A nasty bee sting?

I'm not entirely sure, so let's figure out some reasonable and fun ideas.

MadKiyo

Furry from the discount section
This question can get really complex, but usually HP damage comes from physical injuries in games, and if we assume max health is 100, we could get a possible range. Issue is, ONLY taking 1 point of damage is really hard, maybe from touching thorn bushes or taking the smallest amount of fall damage, even then I don't have real examples. My best guess is stuff like environmental hazards like thorns and barbed wire which are surface cuts or shallow punctures, or getting attacked by small animals.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I think it depends how you die.
Suicide could mean losing HP over time
Blood loss, could be 1HP from a paper cut, hemophilia could make that worse.

We'd also have to consider their other stats like constitution!!!

I DEMAND OUR STATS BE INCLUDED ON OUR BIRTH CERTIFICATES!!!

ben909

sleepytime is hard
somewere between something people register as pain enough to say oww

and something that leaves any kind of mark

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
A fairly deep cut on the body. One won't kill but one hundred might.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Let's say you have a standard 100 health, and you take 1 damage, and are left with 99.

What examples would this be applied to real life?

A hard slap to the face? A nasty bee sting?

I'm not entirely sure, so let's figure out some reasonable and fun ideas.

Hmmm, 1% of damage would have to be noticed by the body but minimal...maybe a broken toe or finger? Small localized damage but the majority of the rest of the body is fine and you won't die even if it were to fall off.

Judge Spear

Shit like this is fun to think about. If we're talking physical damage, I like to think the easiest metric for HP is the blood in your body.
On average it's roughly 1.3 gallons, right?
That's about what? 150 ounces? So 1/100 of that is 1.5 ounces. Whatever injury causes you to lose 1.5 ounces of blood, is probably the easiest direct place to start.
So maybe like...being slashed moderately deep is 1hp? Then again, whatever's doing that would hurt like shit so I dunno.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
A cat scratch, assuming they don't hit important organs.

D&D established this one a long time ago.

Regret

Insert Witticism Here
Stubbing your toe on the bed frame or wall corner at night.

I suppose a broken bone constitutes as a crit?

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
There was an old Chinese method of executing particularly hated or despised prisoners, called "death by a thousand cuts", aka Lingchi. Although more reasonable accounts claim that the number of actual cuts would be in the order of tens rather a thousand. That's what came to mind.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Getting struck by a hailstone or a waft of sand. ...hey, it works on Shedinja.