• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How offen do u cringe at your present self and thr community

Sam Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
i'm immune to cringe of all kinds and disturbs most people

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
I like cringe in all honesty. Cringe can be funny at times, but I myself am not cringe. I simply cannot be. But cringe alone, depends on what it is. Bad shipping? Gold. Horrible dad jokes? On board! Really lame stuff? Sign me up!

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
I don’t cringe at my current self. I’m happy where I am and I’m not ashamed of it.

That being said, I do regret a lot of stuff I did as a teenager. I wasn’t a delinquent or junkie, just an annoying fandom kid. Yet, it caused more than a few problems at school...

I think it’s only natural to look back on your past self and think, How in the hell was this me?!
Honestly, I don’t want to look back on those years as cringy. I was young, inexperienced and didn’t know any better.

Polaris

Random Posting Sheepo
I really don't care about what happens within the community, nor do I think there is anything to cringe about my current self personally.

Lumineer

Im an immature fuck :D
All the mf time. Even as a furry I cringe at just being one or the fandom sometimes and I hate doing it but I can't help it. I grew up hating furries because my best friend was one at one point, and my entire family judged her for it. They told me about it and it was etched into my soul it felt like, that furries were wrong along with being gay and having a certain style and what not. I hate being judged and so I went on to think like this my whole life! I realize now, that it's not the case and I can be what I want but I can't help having that mindset sometimes.

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
Some of the stuff I see in the fandom is very cringe-worthy to me. I think there's a big difference between having innocent, silly fun and absolute garbage behavior. I cringe at the fact that people use being furry as a way to justify really immature behavior, or really creepy attitudes towards sex and consent. I cringe when I see furries post stuff on social media that just reinforces the idea that the fandom is "just a sex thing."