• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How often do you change your avi?

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
It's dawned on me that I hardly ever change my avi. It's come to me to be almost like a brand name or trademark: something basic, and easily recognizable, that remains comfortingly consistent, even as the word spins through so much dynamic change. I have sometimes changed it just to joke around, generally in conjuction with having been 'transformed' into a fox, and such...but this tends to be just for short little bits.

How about the rest of you? A steady presence, a hit parade of your favorite art, or someplace inbetween?

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
I have had mine for over 6 years, its also my phone and computers background

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
For a moment I thought this thread was a lowkey joke/jab at me for changing mine often due to the name of the thread. Glad that's not the case. :p

I do tend to change my Avatar from time to time, especially on Discord. If we're having fun people change their Avatar/nicknames to go along with the theme, or just mess around at random.

Here's two examples:

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Usually, as soon as I get new art that I really like, I'll change my PFP... But I've kept my lock screen and phone background the same for about... 8 years now lol

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Either it will be the default or I will have one icon for an undetermined amount of years.

Apparently it pisses off a lot of people to just not have one at all. :T

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
Either it will be the default or I will have one icon for an undetermined amount of years.

Apparently it pisses off a lot of people to just not have one at all. :T
Well, to be fair, I get followers with no profile pic or fursona, with usernames like "gayfurrylover1996" and the like. That kind of anonymity bothers some people. I know you well enough though, and think you are cool, so don't take this personally.

D

Deleted member 111470

I almost never change my avatars.

On discord, I recently changed my name and I am no longer using it only for fandom servers, so I changed my avatar as well to one that isn't my fursona. I don't know if I'll make changes to it anytime soon.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Well, to be fair, I get followers with no profile pic or fursona, with usernames like "gayfurrylover1996" and the like. That kind of anonymity bothers some people. I know you well enough though, and think you are cool, so don't take this personally.

That kind of username would make me suspect something I guess. XD

Im just surprised by the number of people that will cuss me out because of it.

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
That kind of username would make me suspect something I guess. XD

Im just surprised by the number of people that will cuss me out because of it.
You're personality alone shows how unique you are. You don't really need a profile picture to be identifiable on the forums. We all like you just the way you are.

fawlkes

I have removed my avatar because most of my profile pictures are deemed NSFW. Perhaps if I get round to drawing Roxanne in a potato sack, I might put her back up.

Alys_0_0

Tea thief <3 She/Her <3 POTATO QUEEN
I don't change my avatar unless there's good art of my sonas to choose from. At some point, I'll get another drawing of another sona and then I'll change my avatar to that but I'll keep it like this until then. <3

Jackpot Raccuki

Aka the hot single in your area. (Not Single)
On discord? Very frequent if not often.
Elsewhere like say here, usually when I get a new commission unless it's like right now in which I'll stay with an avatar theme, aka Christmas in this case.

Although for my actual FA, I'm gonna try and keep it as my "pissedpot" emote I drew.

FlooferWoofer

Depressed. Going back into lurk mode.
I haven't changed it since I joined and I never will, provided the AI who generated it doesn't obtain sentience and hit me with a DMCA or C & D. I actually have a reference sheet now to use, but I need to resize the crops to fit the pixel parameters.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I think I've changed mine all of twice. I tend to stick with mine for at least a year.

I will likely change it once more in 2021 once I actually put in for a commission or two.

I only change it if I get new art of my sona that I love even more than whatever the current pfp is or if I don't have anything else to put. I just like to keep things consistent.

Last edited:

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
I am a very indecisive person. For those that know me, (And I know who I'm talking to out there!), you all knew me to change so often that I believe I'm basically a Zorua in all honesty. Those who knew my wide plethora of forms know it well, so we just stuck to calling me Ruki, (previous name, surname), just to make it easier.

I'll tell you this though.

In one week alone, I can probably switch between 30 to 50 different pictures in that time frame, because I'll keep switching until I normally find something I like.

Maybe.