• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How Old Are You?

How Old Are You? (Please answer honestly)

• Younger than 13

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 13-14

Votes: 25 4.7%
  • 15-16

Votes: 93 17.4%
  • 17-18

Votes: 129 24.2%
  • 19-20

Votes: 94 17.6%
  • 21-22

Votes: 63 11.8%
  • 23-24

Votes: 42 7.9%
  • 25-26

Votes: 26 4.9%
  • 27-28

Votes: 15 2.8%
  • 29-30

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • 31-32

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • 33-34

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • 35-36

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • 37-38

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 39-40

• 41-42

• 43-44

• 45-46

• 47-48

• Older than 48

Votes: 10 1.9%

• Total voters

Velnor

The Texas Otter
heheh, 18 FTW

mattprower08

Tails Fan ^^
15 here :)

gust

18, turning 19 next month.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof

Иван

16, often told I come off as older :/

Tweek

is awaiting salvation
Remove the outliers, and effectively there is no one over the age of 26 here...is that when most furs die from catching the gay?

I'm 22; damn you young kids, with your rap music.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
22. I'm deeply disturbed by kids who have never played a NES.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
I'm 21 years old. Old enough to drink and buy a hand-gun but you won't catch me doing either.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
22. I'm deeply disturbed by kids who have never played a NES.

Well not everyone has the luck of having a system that still works, at least for the newer gamers. Than again....I am deeply disturbed by people who think that if you never played an Atari, than you cannot consider yourself a true gamer.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
My Grampa owns 3 NES's all from Goodwill, I don't think they are hard to find 9_9.

Runefox

Well not everyone has the luck of having a system that still works, at least for the newer gamers.
Mine was modified by my father so that the zero-insertion-force slot wasn't so ZIF anymore. It always worked solidly, and still works to this day.

Aside from that, there's always emulation. As long as you've got the cart, it's perfectly legal gray area. =D

I am deeply disturbed by people who think that if you never played an Atari, than you cannot consider yourself a true gamer.
Meh. I've played some Atari games, but most of them happen to be rather... Bad. It's novel, but accounts I've read of how the Atari was programmed left me feeling that they took a lot of pride getting a pixel to show up on the screen at all, much less designing the game itself (which was relegated to one person per game, more or less). The NES (and sprite-based games in general) is when the game industry really took off on its quest to become what it is now. Arguably, that's not a good thing, but I consider the NES/SNES and SMS/Genesis(Mega Drive) the "golden years". The PSX and Saturn were a little of column A and column B, and the Dreamcast/PS2 were the first entries into gaming as we know it today (for better or worse). I feel the Dreamcast was a lot closer to traditional gaming than the PS2 was, but traditional gaming wasn't where the market lay and nor is it where it lies today.

Everyone should play a few good NES games. In fact, it's all I play on my PSP any more.

And you know what else disturbs me? People who think Mega Man is a card battling game. Go play the NES, you brats! >=| And get off my lawn! *shakes fist*

Last edited:

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Mine was modified by my father so that the zero-insertion-force slot wasn't so ZIF anymore. It always worked solidly, and still works to this day.

Aside from that, there's always emulation. As long as you've got the cart, it's perfectly legal gray area. =D

Meh. I've played some Atari games, but most of them happen to be rather... Bad. It's novel, but accounts I've read of how the Atari was programmed left me feeling that they took a lot of pride getting a pixel to show up on the screen at all, much less designing the game itself (which was relegated to one person per game, more or less). The NES (and sprite-based games in general) is when the game industry really took off on its quest to become what it is now. Arguably, that's not a good thing, but I consider the NES/SNES and SMS/Genesis(Mega Drive) the "golden years". The PSX and Saturn were a little of column A and column B, and the Dreamcast/PS2 were the first entries into gaming as we know it today (for better or worse). I feel the Dreamcast was a lot closer to traditional gaming than the PS2 was, but traditional gaming wasn't where the market lay and nor is it where it lies today.

Everyone should play a few good NES games. In fact, it's all I play on my PSP any more.

And you know what else disturbs me? People who think Mega Man is a card battling game. Go play the NES, you brats! >=| And get off my lawn! *shakes fist*

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't like emulated games. I don't have the money to go out and buy controllers and hooks-ups to get the feel for the original game. Basically if I am going to play an N64 game.....I will play on the N64....it's not the same as playing it on an emulator, or on the WII. If I wanted to play NES....which I played as a child....I'll get a working system or not deal with it at all.

Emulating gives you half the game....and you loose the other half, which is the experience from the actual system, and it's set up, and controller.

And....lawl.....I've never really been into Megaman but that's just funny that anyone would think such.

My point is still the same. It's pretentious to tell other gamers they arn't really gamers until they played "The originals" and to them to rig a system or emulate....when you are not even getting the original experience anyway.

You can't honestly appreciate the NES, the Sega Saturn or other early games and game systems unless you lived in a time where that was all there was, and it was amazing!

Runefox

Well, I'm not saying that exactly. I'm saying that people who haven't played the NES *at all* scare me, because it was so ubiquitous, and so widespread that no matter where I looked, even when the N64 was out, could I find anyone who had games and no NES. People who call the SNES old also scare me; I consider anything before the NES old. And people who call themselves fans of a certain series (Hi, Final Fantasy!) and yet have never played anything prior to PSX-era or PS2-era releases of said series (Hi, Megaman!) when it goes back much further make me sick.

The gameplay of a lot of these older games is still amazing in comparison to a lot of what's being released nowadays. First person shooters are a dime a dozen - You're good at one, you're good at them all. Same with RPG's - They've all taken a certain formula, with only certain series actually taking steps to bring themselves out of the norm (Tales of..., Final Fantasy (surprisingly), Phantasy Star). Have you seen a side scroller recently that wasn't a remake of another game, a portable game, or an XBL release? Entire genres have been wiped out thanks to the 3D revolution, and it's the NES and SNES era that define the better parts of those genres.

Last edited:

BlauShep

Pete Townshend's Dog
Fifteen and a half. |D
I hate being young, no one takes me seriously.