• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How old is the computer you are using?

How old is the computer you are using?

• 2017 or newer

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • 2014-2016

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • 2010-2013

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • 2005-2009

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 2004 or earlier

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

Scorpen

Literal S.O.B
I bought my current HP laptop in the middle of 2014 because my PowerBook G3 was finally to the point where I couldn't really eek any more useful day to day life out of it. Still have it though, and still dig it out once in awhile. I'll probably be using my current one until I can't anymore either...

RCFC_slim

여군 ;)
Just wondering how old the computers people are using are. Oddly, the crate I have is from...wait for it...2004! But a friend is giving me their old one, that dates from maybe 2015, and that's gonna seem really fancy :p

I added a poll; I suppose it might be hard to answer, as one may have upgraded an older machine slightly or drastically.

Well, I will no longer be the king of low-tech; Windows 10, here I come!

I don't believe in Thesaus' ship so in reality my computer is actually really really old!! Lol

Littlefoot505

AKA Durango Thunderfoot
Mine is about a month old, actually. I had to buy a new computer for school because the keyboard stopped working on my old one.

ComradeFlop

Viktorie Coldbeak
Without my specs in front of me, I can’t give too much detail but this was so hard to answer. My case is an old Thermaltake Armor, thing weighs a ton. The internals vary in age, with some of my HDDs easily pushing over 6 years old, but most are pushing two years old or less.

Oaker

Beacon of bad luck
I got mine in 2010... I live in venezuela... so, there's that, I have to live with nothing but ancient technology.

Yay.

(QX9650 CPU, but I recently got a non Ti GTX 660)

T

thiivdan

I started building mine late 2016 if I remember correctly. I just recently replaced the motherboard cpu and ram so I'm not sure if youd still consider it the same computer lol

onewolf88

Can I paw
Mine is a 2014 dell laptop, I build computers and repair them for fun, so it was a really good deal. Had to gut the thing, and then rebuild it. Cmos battery, regular battery, re-installing windows, and about 200 updates later it worked LOL Love working on computer though. I must have at least 4 or 5 right now. Most of them older.

onewolf88

Can I paw
mixture, current build about 4 months, newest part in it is literally the kingston ssd and GTX 960
Nice I got a gtx960 as well, everyone laughs at me for it though. If you don't have a gtx 1080 then you're considered small potatoes. I've been looking at those kingston SSD though, they seem to really help performance.

T

thiivdan

Nice I got a gtx960 as well, everyone laughs at me for it though. If you don't have a gtx 1080 then you're considered small potatoes. I've been looking at those kingston SSD though, they seem to really help performance.

I'd recommend an M2 chip instead if you have a computer that's compatible

M

modfox

there is nothing wrong with GTX 960s tho. mine hasnt let me down. i have the MSI 4gb one

DivinePrince

Non-Anthro Artist
This one's only about a year old at most. It's still being sold in stores. Plan to upgrade as needed with time.

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
I got few computers. I got an alien ware alpha used just for pc gaming.
And 2 2006 mac computers i use for various projects like doodling and homework. One mac is a laptop i got in 2010 and the other is a mac mini i bought used 6 years ago.

MrPhox

My two laptop are about 7 years old. But I have them for about 3 years. They where given to me.

I'm saving money to get a new one custom made. But it take times to save money :(

Alv

Banned
Banned
I use a year old MacBook Pro, it's got the new space grey color that's pretty snazzy. My mom has one too that's a year older, I got that one first but we realized we couldn't survive with only one laptop.

D

Deleted member 111470

I bought my PC in 2009 and the only upgrades I've done to it is to buy a new video card when the old one died, a new power supply when the old one fried, a 128 gb ssd to boot my windows faster and added 2 gb of ram, for a total of 6.

So the motherboard, hard disk, processor and 2 of the 3 ram slots are the old ones from 2009.

alicetaur

One issue is the definition of how old the computer is could be fuzzy, for example, I have replaced everything except my motherboard CPU and one RAM stick and a CD drive.

rekcerW

Blade Pro 17... 1060, 16g ddr4 2400, 7700hq, m.2 & sata... nothing crazy, but it does its job really well.

Fucking insane looking at another thousand bucks or better for a 1080 and 4k display. RTX models are ridiculous. Like, come on...

Last edited:

SkyeLegs

Reet Mazer
I originally built my computer back in 2012, but have overtime upgraded or replaced the graphics card, PSU, motherboard, and even the case.

goatwolff

/coesiti
just got a lenovo legion y530 from best buy on black friday. it has 8gb ram, 1tb hdd, i7 8750h and a gtx 1050ti. definitely a huge upgrade from a stupid schoolwork laptop when i try to run games like fortnite but i wish i got the 16gb ram version. anyways its cool