• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How old were you when you became a Furry?

BeauJayWolffo47

Here To Stay It Seems!
Ahh I was 19 tho If you count denial maybe I was 16? But I didn’t really like anthros much..?

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
I think I was something like 15 16, I knew generally what it was when I was 13 due to a humaniamals documentary on animal planet but didn't really get into it until around 15 16

Doodle Bunny

Definitely a rabbit... 100%...
I gained interest around the age of 13. I loved the art and the fursuits. I started designing a wolf fursona, however I got made fun of online and buried it for years.

I was low key/denial furry until I hit 22.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
What I consider my first "Furry" experience was when I was 21. I didn't find out about the Fandom until many years later.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
You’re one of the OG furs aren’t you?
OG? I'm guessing you mean older generation. Well, since I was born in 1955, I would say so. My first relization that I was "different" was at a Gen Con convention about 1975 or 76.

Wydness

I found out what they were when I was 12 or so because of fursuiters, but didn't really consider myself one until I was 17. (Probably for the better.)

Arnak

Off the bench
9th birthday, mom sits me down, reveals a cookie cake. I eat some cake when she pulls a small square present out. I open it to reveal Spyro year of the dragon. I play it for a couple days (could only play for a couple hours cuz of school.) I get so far into the game to see Bianca in all her glory. (Bianca is the rabbit lady) I was smitten by her and that's what started my furriness

DrachAttack

that one Drolfen
I was... 16? I think? idk was in 2011 if I remember correctly and I was first introduced to the fandom while on a virtual chat called imvu

My first furry crushes were Cleo from Heathcliff, Miss Kitty Mouse in Great Mouse Detective (saw this 3 times in theaters in St Louis when it first came out), Maid Marian, M'ress from Star Trek TAS, Cheetara/Pumarya and more.

Then i heard of the fandom at 14 back in 96 as i read furry comics and all and became a furry fan.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

I was interested in furry art when I was young and became official member at age 24.

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
I'm still on the fence about whether to call myself a furry, but I've always liked these characters. It wasn't until I discovered the fandom at 24 or 25 that I went down this rabbit hole.

Lexiand

Werewolf