• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

how to create a character of my own?

Foxys92

I love to draw, but there's one thing I have not managed to do: create a character of my own. I'd like to create an Anthro, possibly wolf, but any idea is good. Some of you have already created a character out of nothing? you can give me advice? Thank you very much ^-^

Piroshki

1. Have idea.
2. Solidify idea.
3. Draw idea.

Alternatively, you could just start drawing or describing a character, adding things on as you fancy, and see where it goes. It's not like you can't change something if you decide you don't like it.
You seem to know already that you want a wolf, so draw a wolf, and do something to make it unique. Or don't. Either way.

ErikutoSan

You could just draw a generic wolf anthro with little details that make them significantly different.

I don't draw well (well i barely draw) but these are my advice since I've seen artists give their characters special details

A

Ansitru

Well, normally you're born with this mass called " a brain", you see.
It's just that some are more adept than others at getting it into motion. :V

In all seriousness, though:

1. Have idea.
2. Solidify idea.
3. Draw idea.

What Piroshki said.

Schwimmwagen

I love to draw, but there's one thing I have not managed to do: create a character of my own. I'd like to create an Anthro, possibly wolf, but any idea is good. Some of you have already created a character out of nothing? you can give me advice? Thank you very much ^-^

Here you go, just looking at your avatar and the nature of your post.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7868107/

Sorry if it's shit, that's just the way I draw.

Littlerock

numb with cold
1. thought things
2. doodled them
3. cleaned up the things into solid idea
4. slapped a bad translation of my own name on idea
5. made drawings of idea with name
6. made reference of idea with name and drawings
7. no

Fay V

Lost to this world
Honestly OP, I created my character by just drawing. Sit down and just draw and eventually you'll draw one more often, add some details and voila

~secret~

Banned
Banned
Congratulations! I have made you a character, [here]!

Impressive. Does it have an equally impressive name?

And OP, just do whatever your comfortable with. Remember there's no need to be a speshul snowflake. Or do what I did and steal from Hanna-Barbera.

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!
Well, what I do is...

1. Draw some character that looks good.
2. Mutilate it. Tear it apart. Rip it to pieces and sew it back together.
Toss it in a blender and pour the result into a mold. Feel free to remove and add body parts as you see fit.
Perhaps choose one certain object to base the character around?
3. Add accessories that highlight certain aspects of the personality and physique of the character.
4. Edit.
5. Done.

This probably only works for me though...

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
Spend hundreds of dollars on a popular artist's adoptable character auctions.

K

Kaamos

Take a random animal (foxes and wolves are most popular)
add a dick
add neon colors
add sparkles
add random shit like bat wings extra tails, limbs or genitals or whatever

There you go.

for a name just think of a random word then add the species to the end of it.

or just recolor a sonic the hedgehog character

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?
Look at animals you like, colors you like, and general things you like. Fool around with ideas and see what fits you!

Dreaming

I'd like to create an Anthro, possibly wolf, but any idea is good.

There you go! You have a character. All you need to do is give it a name - Maybe a name that is personal to you, or you just like? And an age - Normally it would be the creator's age, but it doesn't have to be. As for the other details, well, when creating a character, the creator tends to base the character on themselves. What kind of things do you like, foods, sports, music? Your fursona can like these things too.

As you work on it over time, and begin to draw this character more often, you can add more to their personality and story as you go along.

tl;dr: Base it on yourself. If you don't like it, it'll evolve as you try to improve.

Or you could just pull random things out of the air, write them into a bio and call it your fursona. :V