• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Forum How to disable email alerts?

Liberonscien

I keep getting email alerts from threads I have responded to, been quoted in, or otherwise and I do not want that. What do I do to make it stop?

Dinocanid

Click on your username at the top of the forum, then click preferences (not alert preferences). There's a checkbox it disable emails and automatic watches.

LameFox

Click on your username at the top of the forum, then click preferences (not alert preferences). There's a checkbox it disable emails and automatic watches.
I did that yesterday (at least, the second half, which mentions emails) and still woke up to more emails about thread replies today. Not sure if there's some other setting that governs it or maybe all followed threads inherently email whether you like it or not.

quoting_mungo

I did that yesterday (at least, the second half, which mentions emails) and still woke up to more emails about thread replies today. Not sure if there's some other setting that governs it or maybe all followed threads inherently email whether you like it or not.
I believe, though don't quote me on it, that there either is a second setting for it or already subscribed threads aren't effected. I know there was a thread on it some time back in this subforum, that had a solution in it, so you should be able to find that by search.

LameFox

I believe, though don't quote me on it, that there either is a second setting for it or already subscribed threads aren't effected. I know there was a thread on it some time back in this subforum, that had a solution in it, so you should be able to find that by search.
Probably the latter since it seems like it didn't affect this thread. I've gone into 'manage watched threads' and 'disable email notification' there too, so maybe it'll apply retroactively now.