• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How to draw male canine genitalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you deem this thread perverted, just hear me out on this. When I say male canine genitalia, I mean most specifically the sheath and purely for correct anatomical reasons. Whenever I try to draw the sheath, it always ends up too big, too small, too high, too low, not at a correct angle, etc. I've tried several times to imitate other artists (Blotch and Moonstalker) but they never look the same and always seem 'empty' (artistically) This, for me, is actually a very embarrassing request but can anyone describe how to draw a sheath and possibly expanded with the rest of the genitalia?

BTW, forum rules prohibit explicit photos so please to do not post photo examples.

I can help you out with that, do you have OC?

I suck at explaining ANYTHING though Text...

PM me back, I'm going out for an houre, but I'll be back.

blotch

cataract_orange said:
specifically the sheath and purely for correct anatomical reasons. Whenever I try to draw the sheath, it always ends up too big, too small, too high, too low, not at a correct angle, etc.

I suppose it really isn't socially acceptable to go out and find the real thing. >;]
"'Excuse me, mam, may I have a look at your dog's crotch?"

Anyhow, photos are really your best reference for the actual look. It's tough to try and understand something just from photos, but I'm afraid that's the best out there. Look at any dogpark photos and you'll probably see a running mutt that will show the sheath.

I can give you a hand as to their placement though! If you look at any photo of a naked man or woman, you'll see "creases" (which are actually lines of muscle) coming down from the hip. If you follow their line, where they intersect is roughly the placement of the genitals. Pardon my terrible, terrible sketch.

The sheath is just that--a skin cover for the penis. In a dog, they have a bit of skin that attaches the base of the sheath to the belly (keeping it from flopping down, as dogs move on four legs.) If you do that on an anthro, they would point upwards (that's how I usually draw them) though I have seen people who draw flaccid human penis', just covered in fur (which I guess retracts when their excited.) Either way, it's just preference.

Sorry if this isn't much help. I really just wanted to say penis a bunch. >;]

Cheers!
-Blotch

Doggieo

Homogangster
Thats gonna help me alot actually. I've been wondering where exactly to place the bits. And now I know.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
Penispenispenispenisduckpenispenis...

I love the sketch. It's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.