• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How to keep fetish art separated from regular stuff

Heyhoi

Just a vaporwave hyena stuck in the 80's.
So recently I've had the idea to create a variety of writings and comics about a group of OCs I'm creating. However, I kind of ended up falling in love with one of the main characters and have been using him in fetish rps. This is a problem because the comic is designed to be very SFW and is designed for a more mainstream (not only furry) audience. The comic is going to be posted on Tumblr, Amino, and on an upcoming art website, not on any furry website. (though I may put it on furry amino, I'm not sure yet) Though I don't expect the comic to be very popular in any way, I'm afraid that someone will make the connection and that it will tarnish my reputation. I don't want to give up on doing the comic just because of this. What should I do? Should I make a new, similar character just for rp? I can't take the character out of the comic since he is the main character.

Edit, I also feel like I should mention that I don't plan on doing any fetish art, just RPs.

Last edited:

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
So recently I've had the idea to create a variety of writings and comics about a group of OCs I'm creating. However, I kind of ended up falling in love with one of the main characters and have been using him in fetish rps. This is a problem because the comic is designed to be very SFW and is designed for a more mainstream (not only furry) audience. The comic is going to be posted on Tumblr, Amino, and on an upcoming art website, not on any furry website. (though I may put it on furry amino, I'm not sure yet) Though I don't expect the comic to be very popular in any way, I'm afraid that someone will make the connection and that it will tarnish my reputation. I don't want to give up on doing the comic just because of this. What should I do? Should I make a new, similar character just for rp? I can't take the character out of the comic since he is the main character.
What kind of reputation do you have right now?

Heyhoi

What kind of reputation do you have right now?
Very little of a reputation in general, but all my stuff is pretty innocent and SFW. I'm just building my art blog along with the comic right now. The few ppl who know me think cute, chibis mostly and some Disney stuff.

Heyhoi

In a world were Rule 34 is a thing, I'd personally wouldn't care less because everyone has a fetish. Especially if said fetishes aren't really that weird with to begin with (like muscle and fat that isn't hyper). But that's just my opinion.
True, I just don't want to cause any discomfort for kids or non furries that watch my page. (All characters in the comic are over 18 btw)

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
It's your character. I'd say whatever you're happy with, go ahead and do.

Most people won't care, I don't think. And even if they do make the connection...it's your character. Your choice on what you do with them. Plus, if it's a completely SFW comic, they won't need to worry about seeing that if it bothers them.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Very little of a reputation in general, but all my stuff is pretty innocent and SFW. I'm just building my art blog along with the comic right now. The few ppl who know me think cute, chibis mostly and some Disney stuff.
Then you should not use your SFW characters in NSFW and vice versa.

People will still notice if they follow your other work by art style alone, so even a different pen name won't mean much.

Good luck, have fun.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Kinda reminds me of what sex workers have to deal with but on a much smaller scale. Honestly go for it. If people are too prudish then fuck em.