• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How to make scars/skin/etc.

Glitch

SLUDGE FACE
Ok, so I'm sure many fursuit makers wonder how to make scars and skin on their suits. I've seen paint on foam, markers on fur, and OH LORD.

Thanks to some thinking and poking around, I found an insanely easy and realistic way to go about doing so.

So, here's what you would need. You need to get liquid latex rubber from a craft store such as Micheal's. It's by the casting resin and costs about $15 for a big jar of it.

It's white like school glue. Pour it into a dixie cup and mix in the paint of whatever color you want and stir it well. Then - with a brush you can trash - apply it to the area of the foam (i.e. on a head) you want the scar to be on.

Cure the latex with a hair dryer, then add another layer, dry it, repeat as needed.

PRESTO!
You've got what you want. Hope it helps out you guts.

I shall post pictures of my WIP Axis head as I just got done doing the above.

Last edited:

Jesie

I'M A WINNER
This is great for a naked foam head. Sadly most furries don't want a naked foam head, as they are covered in fur.

Also: This would not look at good plastered on top of fur. I've never seen a case were scars appear Above the fur, and if you did this technique that way, that's exactly what it would look like.

In order for it look correct, you would have to cut the scar section out of the fur and do your latex in the cut.

Glitch

SLUDGE FACE
In order for it look correct, you would have to cut the scar section out of the fur and do your latex in the cut.

I did exactly this.

Also, my head is not yet furred. NOTE THAT. I will fur around the scars.

So yes, this must be done BEFORE you fur your head. On naked foam only!!!

Sorry I didn't make that crystal clear in the OP.