• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How to meet gay/bi guys in bad areas?

Subrosa

Recycled words
I've asked a few people for advice and even gone on a couple chans with no real result, I know a fair amount of you are gay so, maybe I could get some decent advice.

Where I live isn't' that great, for example our train station was rated the worst in the network for muggings, assault and gang activity. If I was open about being bi i'd probably be bringing more negative attention to me than was really good for me.

I've been in relationships with two guys and I met both through friends/school, after them I went through two failed relationships with girls, it's been a well over a year since I've really dated and I'm more interested in guys. As I said my ares pretty shit, the citys better but again I have no real idea where to go/ what to look for. I've tried googleing gay clubs/bars and cafes but all I get is places that look like they're just places to hook up for a fuck. I'm interested in dating.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Alstor

And twice as shiny
There should be gay/bi chat sites for some local areas, if I'm not mistaken.

Fiesta_Jack

Calix Meus Inebrians
If you're going to university, there should be a LGBT student group. Try meeting some people there, and let friendships take off. Or internet date, but that's sleezy. D:

The only guy I dated, I met online. Turns out he was crazy, and not in the good way. D: I won't do that again.

The guy I'm TRYING to date right now, I met through school. Surely if you're attending a university, there's a plethora of choices.

Subrosa

Recycled words
If you're going to university, there should be a LGBT student group. Try meeting some people there, and let friendships take off. Or internet date, but that's sleezy. D:

The only guy I dated, I met online. Turns out he was crazy, and not in the good way. D: I won't do that again.

The guy I'm TRYING to date right now, I met through school. Surely if you're attending a university, there's a plethora of choices.

Yeh, it'd be good but it's a trade school hahaha, all blokey bogan guys who's only topic of conversation is how drunk they got on the weekend and stories of the chicks they hooked up with at clubs, that and cars.

Any other campus but mine and it'd be something I'd be looking into :/

Tally

Do not date online.
Do not take up a guy just because he is the only other fag around.
Do not start yelling that you are gay if NO ONE else is. Singling yourself out in school is not good for your social life.