• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How to search for an artist/FA User

LuxVolans

I'd like to search FA for an artist/user, but I don't know what to do to search for the username. I know the FA username, but when I type it into the search bar, for example, I only get either art tagged with the user or that has the user's username in the title of their submissions. I've tried (x):Username where x= Artist, Username, and user.

Before I submitted this, I decided to make sure there was no search help in order to find this, and the closest I got was the use of @lower, but even then, I can't find the artists I'm looking for. It's a little different using that though. Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly this issue, but take for example, Ravensflock. When I type @lower Ravensflock, I actually see Ravensflock's work, and it doesn't seem limited to anything within the title, or tags. However, when I try to look up the other users, or myself just to see, I get a message that might say something like "(username) found (x) times in (y) submissions," but it shows no submissions.

Is this a bug, am I totally misunderstanding this search criteria, or am I missing something?

Please help me and let me know soon.

quoting_mungo

Sounds like you're probably running into a bug - please file a Trouble Ticket under Report a Bug with as much information as you can provide, e.g. what searches you're running into this issue on, whether it always happens with a given search, what browser and device type you're using, whether you're browsing in SFW mode, etc.

LuxVolans

Sounds like you're probably running into a bug - please file a Trouble Ticket under Report a Bug with as much information as you can provide, e.g. what searches you're running into this issue on, whether it always happens with a given search, what browser and device type you're using, whether you're browsing in SFW mode, etc.

So then, just to clarify, That IS the functionalitiy of the @lower?

quoting_mungo

@lower should search for the uploader's username as it appears in their URL, yes. (So mine would be quotingmungo instead of quoting_mungo.)