• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How to wear a collar

Maddrow

Pokefur for Life
What clothes go best with a collar? I think I look lame when I wear my normal clothes and my collar - I'm trying to find something that matches XD

BTW, mine is a black $5 dog collar X3

FluffMouse

*Crawls into traffic*
.. Whatever you want to wear. Fuck.
Why do you want the internet to make up outfits for you.
No.. why do you want FURRIES to make you an outfit.

Half of these people don't own more than a wolf t-shirt and piss stained jeans.

Maddrow

Pokefur for Life
You have a point XD
And my jeans aren't piss stained. They have lasanga on them.
X3

A

Azbulldog

Not like this:
widget_cDgIc9CGrgNQ2IRPu044e5.jpg

Maddrow

Pokefur for Life
Azbulldog: Okay, that helps aton! X3 I definetly won't dress like that even without a collar XD

SugarMental: Why wear pants at all? They'll just get stained with something else anyway X3

Maddrow

Pokefur for Life
I think I'm getting the hang of this! XD

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
If you're asking what's fashionably acceptable for it,
nothing is.

Wearing an animal collar (and hell, even a human collar some of the time) will get you ridiculed and laughed at.
If you're going to wear one, it's best just not to give a fuck, up front.
Because you're not going to find anything "tasteful" in wearing one. Ever.

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
nothing is.

Wearing an animal collar (and hell, even a human collar some of the time) will get you ridiculed and laughed at.

People wear wierd shit all the time and don't get ridiculed for it, at least not to their face.

You make it sound much worse than it is.

Xipoid

Cameras
nothing is.

That's all there is to say.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
I've found that matching the color of the collar with the clothes, so it blends in is the way to go. If you are wearing a black collar, you want to be wearing some black clothes.

If you wear a red one you want some red in your outfit. It's basic color matching really.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
People wear wierd shit all the time and don't get ridiculed for it, at least not to their face.

You make it sound much worse than it is.
Don't know where you've been, but most of the people I've been around always speak up about unusual shit.

Even when they get their asses beat for it.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Don't know where you've been, but most of the people I've been around always speak up about unusual shit.

That's where you live.

Your area /=/ the world.

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned

Ok, so people where you live are obnoxious, loud mouthed, and masochistic?

I really don't see what the deal is unless you're planning on wearing it to something formal, its called common sense.

Otherwise do what you want, if someone lacks the tact to keep their mouth shut in public about the way someone else dresses themselves it speaks volumes for their character.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
"Been to" = more than just where I've lived.
I've been through most of the US, except the west coast.

And what does it mean? Not much. How places are towards "Different" looking things can change city to city within a state.

A good examples is my own state. Where I am, you have more mixing. So people are not that anal about unusual things. Usually the only people who are would be anal over not unusual things. I know for a fact that I can put on a collar and make it work with my outfit and people will compliment the outfit and find the collar the cutest neatest thing ever.

I can put on a real fox tail to go with my outfit on some days and I've seen people doing the jumping and getting attention dance just to comment on how much they like the outfit.

I would never try that in certain places beyond a few cities in my area.

If you move beyond this collective of more open cities, you start getting into places where people are no so open minded. In fact, in some of the outlying areas you get hostility towards outsiders. I'm just saying.

I've been to many different places too. It comes as living half my life in a military family. How people react comes down to the area. Some areas are xenophobic and highly hostile towards anything different...and some places are the opposite. That said your response to the OP is rather uncalled for.

Last edited:

FluffMouse

*Crawls into traffic*
I've worn a collar and haven't gotten shit for it.
I've worn my TAIL and have ONLY gotten compliments.
And that thing's fucking huge.. and pink.

I can see why no one would say anything about my collar though
since it's small and looks pretty much like a choker, and I normally wear chokers anyways.

I've worn a collar and haven't gotten shit for it.
I've worn my TAIL and have ONLY gotten compliments.
And that thing's fucking huge.. and pink.

I can see why no one would say anything about my collar though
since it's small and looks pretty much like a choker, and I normally wear chokers anyways.
:[.
Ask more people.
More like ask furries - they will respond yes even if you didn't wear anything(Except for clothes, duh >:]).
I will never respond badly.

And what does it mean? Not much. How places are towards "Different" looking things can change city to city within a state.

A good examples is my own state. Where I am, you have more mixing. So people are not that anal about unusual things. Usually the only people who are would be anal over not unusual things. I know for a fact that I can put on a collar and make it work with my outfit and people will compliment the outfit and find the collar the cutest neatest thing ever.

I can put on a real fox tail to go with my outfit on some days and I've seen people doing the jumping and getting attention dance just to comment on how much they like the outfit.

I would never try that in certain places beyond a few cities in my area.

If you move beyond this collective of more open cities, you start getting into places where people are no so open minded. In fact, in some of the outlying areas you get hostility towards outsiders. I'm just saying.

I've been to many different places too. It comes as living half my life in a military family. How people react comes down to the area. Some areas are xenophobic and highly hostile towards anything different...and some places are the opposite. That said your response to the OP is rather uncalled for.
You americans have states while I live in a small county in nowhere surruounded by 22 countries of lame desert and terrorists. I at least don't need to get confused with the countries I went.

nothing is.

Yes and no.
Did you ever wear one that caused you that?
If you saw someone wearing one and it getting laughed so badly then it's either the collar or another reason of society.
Human collars sound so full blown - like what the hell.
In fact there is a tasteful thing in it that is fulfilling the full blown parts in the furry and pleasuring your furry mind till you cry. Yes don't give a shit on what people say and just pretend you are a pet.