• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How would you upgrade YOUR body?

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I was reading up on animals, both living an extict, and the various weird/cool physical traits they developed, or are physically capable of developing (if evolution took them that way). One thing in particular cought my attention - while bony plates/scales usually aren't associated with mammals, mammalian skin DOES have the ability to develop them, like, say, on rat tails or the armadillo armour. Or hell, even our fingernails. So it immidiately occured to me that it would be pretty cool to have some kind of tough dermal armour protecting my puny human flesh. And who knows, maybe with genetic engeneering, we'll actually be able to grow those.

And this may sound a little like the transhumanist thread, BUT... why stop at that? Only my internal aversion to computerisation and the heavy reliance of any mechanical/electronical upgrades on access to maintnance (and thus to civilisation) makes me rather follow the biological path of advancement.

So what BIOLOGICAL improvements to your puny human body would YOU make?

(inb4 "I'd be my fursona")

Irreverent

So what BIOLOGICAL improvements to your puny human body would YOU make?

Seriously? Webbed toes and fingers, otter style. Its a huge performance increase when swimming, yet barely noticeable when not in the pool. The ability to hold one's breath for extended periods of time, ala whales and dolphins would also be a great stealth upgrade. Some form of controllable bio-luminescence would also be concealable until needed....and then damn handy when the battery is dead on my crackberry and I've dropped my keys again.

Wings, while cool, would just be a PITA. If I want to fly, I'll book out a Cessna.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Sprouting wings.
Bye bye driving behind slow-as-shit people and waiting in red lights.

Dreaming

The legs of a kangaroo, the teeth of an alligator, the arm muscles of a gorilla, the eyes of a cat and the ears of a dog :V

Honestly...I would improve my body muscle of course. Or maybe the legs of a cheetah, man it'd be great to run at breakneck speeds.

gokorahn

Fluffiness level: 9002
Lets see.... if i could only have one thing, it would be a tail that I can use as a third arm.

If I could change almost everything? Defiantly the tail still, canine ears, for better hearing, and wings cause I wanna fly.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Actually, I'd just like a liver that worked properly and bowels that did what they were fucking told.

Well...

Anyway, I want wings. Yes, it doesn't help that I'm a burdfag, but when it would mean that I can fly for 2-3 minutes, instead of 15-20 and get to class without having to deal with nearly getting run over by assholes everyday, I'd call that a huge plus.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Most of what was said seems legit, but I have one objection - attaching wings to a human frame just wouldn't work. You'd basically have to change your WHOLE body to a bat/bird shape. So it's less modifying and more just completely discarding it.

Actually, I'd just like a liver that worked properly and bowels that did what they were fucking told.

I think you'll have more luck with having working wings :V

Last edited:

Kluuvdar

Supreme Grocer
Hmmm...

I would totally go with a lizard like dragon tail which would make it SO easier to balance when walking on those pesky pool screen beams. Although good chairs would be hard to find.

And, of course
A stomach that can process milk >.<

Irreverent

This makes me sad. Mostly because of the way I punish my liver....

gokorahn

Fluffiness level: 9002
Most of what was said seems legit, but I have one objection - attaching wings to a human frame just wouldn't work. You'd basically have to change your WHOLE body to a bat/bird shape. So it's less modifying and more just completely discarding it.

That does pose a problem then... Minus the wings for me, and add cat eyes for night vision.

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.
Cats eyes, I would like to be able to see during complete darkness.

Cats can't see in complete darkness.
Their eyes are more sensitive (read: can distinguish contrast better) in (very) low light levels, yes. But darkness is still darkness.

Kitutal

cute newbie kitten
I'd want a tail, those things are really useful. When I was younger, I wanted wings, but then I worked out how huge they'd have to be, drawing so much attention, getting in the way and so on, and that flying would burn energy more than twice as fast as sprinting...
But a tail, so nice and so many uses... and heightened senses would be nice too.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
The super ability to have a brain with lots of patience.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
i would replace my entire body with a robotic vagina. tactical missiles not included, but surely on order from amazon

Kluuvdar

Supreme Grocer
i would replace my entire body with a robotic vagina. tactical missiles not included, but surely on order from amazon

I'm putting that in my signature...

Also, I would go with some kind of claw, to tear open packages and the like, my left hand is useless anyway.