• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Howdy howdy!

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Hey there, fellow (angsty) Poet and fan of dandelions. Welcome to the forum. I can't say much for Brews, but I could probably get a few ideas from my wife for you if you need suggestions. As far as tips or tricks, what would you like to know?

I love your bee Cage reference btw...

Dandelionqueen

AAAA! Not the bees! Not the bees!!!
Hey there, fellow (angsty) Poet and fan of dandelions. Welcome to the forum. I can't say much for Brews, but I could probably get a few ideas from my wife for you if you need suggestions. As far as tips or tricks, what would you like to know?

I love your bee Cage reference btw...
lol thanks XD love me a stupid reference
As for tips and tricks, idk I guess anything you'd want to tell yourself when you had first joined the forums? So far that I've noticed the pace here seems to be slower than I expected so I'm guessing I can just send messages on old posts and not be making a faux pas but that's about it

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
As for tips and tricks, idk I guess anything you'd want to tell yourself when you had first joined the forums? So far that I've noticed the pace here seems to be slower than I expected so I'm guessing I can just send messages on old posts and not be making a faux pas but that's about it

The pace really depends on the topic, introductions tend to be slower since we get an influx of members daily so usually they're either silently acknowledged or ignored outright with only a handful of members actively saying anything in them. Game threads tend to be highly active, with debate threads following close after and a few general topic threads rising up here and there every other day get traction as well. Art critique and commission threads wind up going the same route as introduction threads (*many artists equates to many threads, same issue) and the rest of the sub-forums tend to fall somewhere in the middle of all the chaos.

As for navigation, when I first joined the website I'd have enjoyed knowing how to keep filters and blocking in place to avoid seeing things I didn't want (*hence my signature) but for Forum navigation specifically, I'm not sure what to point out that isn't readily available knowledge. Most of the forum's tools are one hover away from knowing what they do, so I wouldn't want to point out anything too obvious as (in comparison) FA's main website is a lot trickier for newbies to navigate than the more up to date forum counterpart.

My only real forum advice would be to never fear using your Ignore feature (seen by clicking anyone's username in thread or going to their profile if you so choose). There can and will be trolls, not as much as prior years since the mod team works hard to ban troublemakers, but enough members with questionable or outright draining philosophies that make the forum experience less enjoyable overall if you don't Ignore them early. You'll notice there's a few infamous members that eventually make it onto every member's Ignore list, and some that simply are there due to your own personal forum browsing preferences. You don't need to hate or dislike someone to ignore them, sometimes it's just a matter of determining whether your experience would be better if you didn't see their content.

Lastly, and certainly not least, the staff are here to help first and foremost so if something does happen don't be scared to report it. A lot of the members here are also pretty well-spoken and great for occasional advice/support, so if you wanna make friends who also happen to be Furries, I couldn't think of a better place. Oh, and as far the original question about brews; Tulsi Tea or Green Tea Mix tends to be great for people who are often not a fan of tea. Though if you meant D&D, I'm a sucker for combining worlds (ex. D&D + The Witcher is a campaign I'm playing right now!). Hope this all helped a bit. If you need anything else feel free to send a message my way.

Matt the Terrier

Woofs! Wiggles! Wins!
*Terrier noises*
*comes over to see if you smell like food*
*sniff-sniff-sniff*
*sits like a good boi*

Dandelionqueen

AAAA! Not the bees! Not the bees!!!
The pace really depends on the topic, introductions tend to be slower since we get an influx of members daily so usually they're either silently acknowledged or ignored outright with only a handful of members actively saying anything in them. Game threads tend to be highly active, with debate threads following close after and a few general topic threads rising up here and there every other day get traction as well. Art critique and commission threads wind up going the same route as introduction threads (*many artists equates to many threads, same issue) and the rest of the sub-forums tend to fall somewhere in the middle of all the chaos.

As for navigation, when I first joined the website I'd have enjoyed knowing how to keep filters and blocking in place to avoid seeing things I didn't want (*hence my signature) but for Forum navigation specifically, I'm not sure what to point out that isn't readily available knowledge. Most of the forum's tools are one hover away from knowing what they do, so I wouldn't want to point out anything too obvious as (in comparison) FA's main website is a lot trickier for newbies to navigate than the more up to date forum counterpart.

My only real forum advice would be to never fear using your Ignore feature (seen by clicking anyone's username in thread or going to their profile if you so choose). There can and will be trolls, not as much as prior years since the mod team works hard to ban troublemakers, but enough members with questionable or outright draining philosophies that make the forum experience less enjoyable overall if you don't Ignore them early. You'll notice there's a few infamous members that eventually make it onto every member's Ignore list, and some that simply are there due to your own personal forum browsing preferences. You don't need to hate or dislike someone to ignore them, sometimes it's just a matter of determining whether your experience would be better if you didn't see their content.

Lastly, and certainly not least, the staff are here to help first and foremost so if something does happen don't be scared to report it. A lot of the members here are also pretty well-spoken and great for occasional advice/support, so if you wanna make friends who also happen to be Furries, I couldn't think of a better place. Oh, and as far the original question about brews; Tulsi Tea or Green Tea Mix tends to be great for people who are often not a fan of tea. Though if you meant D&D, I'm a sucker for combining worlds (ex. D&D + The Witcher is a campaign I'm playing right now!). Hope this all helped a bit. If you need anything else feel free to send a message my way.
Thanks! That all seems like really sound advice. I'll keep it in mind.
:O I've never tried tulsi, might have to keep an eye out for it. Lol I actually do both so no wrong answers! I haven't gotten into the Witcher series myself but it definitely sounds like a great fit for a gritty realism style of dnd. Rn I'm about to start a battle of the bands campaign that I'm using Scott Pilgrim as inspiration for and brewing a raspberry lambic for my mom. It's got a week until bottling time

Matt the Terrier

Woofs! Wiggles! Wins!

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Thanks! That all seems like really sound advice. I'll keep it in mind.
:O I've never tried tulsi, might have to keep an eye out for it. Lol I actually do both so no wrong answers! I haven't gotten into the Witcher series myself but it definitely sounds like a great fit for a gritty realism style of dnd. Rn I'm about to start a battle of the bands campaign that I'm using Scott Pilgrim as inspiration for and brewing a raspberry lambic for my mom. It's got a week until bottling time

Welp, it's official. Your my friend now. I must know how the Scott Pilgrim campaign goes!

Matt the Terrier

Woofs! Wiggles! Wins!