• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How's your relationship with your family?

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
I still live at home, but I’d say my relationship with them is good. There are several things that annoy me of course but I try not to dwell on them too much

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
We don't talk a huge amount but I am of course ever grateful for them and their influence on me and love them and all that good stuff. I mean, when I look at some of these ungrateful people who complain about their folks being overprotective or to coddling, or minor hiccups like that, I can't help but wonder if they realize how lucky they are to have parents that give a shit. I mean, I know people who had narcissists for parents. People tend to take things for granted so often. It's rather unfortunate.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
We don't talk a huge amount but I am of course ever grateful for them and their influence on me and love them and all that good stuff. I mean, when I look at some of these ungrateful people who complain about their folks being overprotective or to coddling, or minor hiccups like that, I can't help but wonder if they realize how lucky they are to have parents that give a shit. I mean, I know people who had narcissists for parents. People tend to take things for granted so often. It's rather unfortunate.

You're right that when it comes to family we should see all the positives we can. <3

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
We get along pretty well. My parents and grandparents did a decent job of instilling values like common courtesy and patience among their progeny. Although our lives are quite different, the biggest distance between us is geographical.

Jackpot Raccuki

DICE HAT!!
My parents are more or less good in terms of relationships. Mother got vaccinated because NHS nurse and well despite his social nature my dad hasn’t tested positive for corona.
My step sister who we share same dad got corona, or had it. Her kids and husband were fine / tested negative.

With my siblings it’s a western stand off movies but instead of guns it’s insults and teases, except someone always pulls out a rocket launcher after a certain amount of time.
Ended up making fun of my sisters forehead, my parents got in on it because it was that funny.

Jaredthefox92

Couldn't be better, we had a good birthday for me last month. Sad that my grandfather passed away before he could see it, but other than the issue of Covid everyone seems happy.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I get along with my extended family better than I ever have. My son, on the other hand... :(

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
There's no actual tension among me, my mom and my brother - we just don't really have a strong bond, either.

I don't talk to my dad at all and haven't in about ten years - he and my mom were married almost forty years when he cheated on her with a woman from his office who was ten years younger than ME. He said it would be "too much work" to try to change anything, my mom divorced him, and the "other woman" ditched him when she realized he wasn't going to have the cushy life after the divorce. He never once reached out to me or my brother to try to maintain a relationship so I'm not going to waste my time or effort. I can't even look at old family photos he's in without wondering if it was all just a lie. . .him pretending to be happy as a husband and father.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Generally good but with exceptions. I am on good terms with my Mom who has always been supportive. My dad, however, can be a very different story

My relationship with my dad can be described as a love-hate relationship. I have no question in mind that my dad loves me, but especially in my younger years it could be difficult to see if he even liked me. He was someone that would often take his emotional frustrations out on others. If he had a bad or stressful day he would often vomit that up and make others feel just as bad as him in a misguided attempt at achieving empathy for his situation. He also and has a touch of narcissism, being the center of attention and making every conversation revolve around him in some way. He also has a pathological inability to sincerely apologize for any wrongdoing. On numerous occasions he took very large sums of money from my bank account without asking my permission first, something which damn near ended my relationship with him for good and something for which I have yet to see him apologize or receive consequence for. That said he does a lot of good for me and does try to help me out when I need it. Things are good now, but he knows that if he takes certain actions things will get very ugly, very fast.

I have no sibling but there are a few cousons. We have drifted apart the past 10 years and I hear nothing from them. Most I dont even have a means of finding anymore, which is sad.